PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

Cheese
12-08-2004, 01:23 PM
I have to write a panegyrical or vilificatory account* of a well-known invidual for my last piece of work.

I have a list of people I'm thinking of doing (including George W Bush and Tony Blair).

But as those guys are a bit obvious I was looking to the forum to spark my imagination and perhaps give me some other ideas.

*Basically write a nice essay or nasty essay.

100%
12-08-2004, 01:26 PM
if you do one on Michael Moore you get to cover those 2 dudes and mo(o)re at the same time.

but i think Elvis should defietly be your first choice

Cheese
12-08-2004, 01:28 PM
if you do one on Michael Moore you get to cover those 2 dudes and mo(o)re at the same time.

but i think Elvis should defietly be your first choice
Michael Moore is a good choice because I really don't like him.

Elvis...? Mmmm....:shifty:

manker
12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
I think you ought to either vilify someone perceived to be a hero - think Maddox and Christopher Reeve.

Or laud a person widely perceived as a villan - think J2 and GWB.

Personally I'd write a few home truths about Shearer :dry:

Seriously tho' - it isn't the easy option but I reckon it would get you a few extra marks.

People to vilify -- Winston Churchill, JFK, Sir Alf Ramsey, Plato, Howard Carter.

Individuals to laud -- Sid Vicious, Noel Edmunds, Jack the Ripper, Burke and O'Hare.

manker
12-08-2004, 01:42 PM
In fact what are the chances of your lecturer having read Maddox. Send in the whole, hilarious, article :lol:

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/1597/super5zh.jpg

Cheese
12-08-2004, 01:47 PM
In fact what are the chances of your lecturer having read Maddox. Send in the whole, hilarious, article :lol:

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/1597/super5zh.jpg I think I may go down this route, whilst not plagarizing Maddox, I'm sure I can find someone (or a forum member can suggest someone) to vilify in Maddox-style.

Cheese
12-08-2004, 01:49 PM
In fact, Maddox himself maybe a good target to either vilify or praise.

100%
12-08-2004, 01:50 PM
are you refering to this Maddox http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bpitu_logo1d.gif

:blink::blink::blink:

if so that would be an interesting analysis......

ziggyjuarez
12-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Hitler?:huh:

Cheese
12-08-2004, 01:52 PM
are you refering to this Maddox http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bpitu_logo1d.gif

:blink::blink::blink:

if so that would be an interesting analysis......
I'm toying with doing Maddox.

Oo-er.

Cheese
12-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Hitler?:huh:
Bit too easy to vilify this guy, and there's nothing nice to say about him. Even his paintings were crap.

ziggyjuarez
12-08-2004, 01:54 PM
How about god then?Should be a little hard to villify him right?

Cheese
12-08-2004, 01:56 PM
How about god then?Should be a little hard to villify him right?
Perhaps.

Speaking of which they are making a movie adaption of Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials and omitting all references to God. What's the fucking point of that then?:dry:

manker
12-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Bit too easy to vilify this guy, and there's nothing nice to say about him. Even his paintings were crap.That's what I mean, anyone can vilify Hitler. Eulogising him would be a bit tricky tho'

Maddox would be relatively easy to apply both essays to. Get maligning national heros :01:

Mr. Mulder
12-08-2004, 03:28 PM
You could write a nice one about Gillian Anderson, with lots of pictures? :)

100%
12-13-2004, 02:34 AM
So whom did you choose?

Cheese
12-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Haven't done anyone yet.

The work is for a portfolio, I have to submit two pieces of four that I have done this term for marking.

At this rate I may not even do the work and just submit the earlier pieces of work.

Cheese
12-13-2004, 01:21 PM
I've changed my mind.

I've spent the morning doing some research and am starting work on an essay about Maddox later on.

manker
12-13-2004, 01:34 PM
I've spent the morning doing some research and am starting work on an essay about Maddox later on.

Translation: I clicked my bookmark to see if Maddox had updated his page yet - he hadn't so I made a sandwich. This thread being bumped spurred me into making a vague commitment to a future date to maybe do some writing.

It's tuff being a student :D

Cheese
12-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Translation: I clicked my bookmark to see if Maddox had updated his page yet - he hadn't so I made a sandwich. This thread being bumped spurred me into making a vague commitment to a future date to maybe do some writing.

It's tuff being a student :D
Sure is.

Finished my first draft, quite happy with it so far. My portfolio has to be in by Friday so lots of time to polish it off. (oo-er)