PDA

View Full Version : How Long?

clocker
03-30-2003, 12:30 PM
I've seen several threads regarding the availability of upcoming films such as Matrix Reloaded, T3 and the like and they got me to wondering...
Being fairly new to dl'ing films , when do real versions of new films generally become available? I realize that the studios try to keep them under wraps, but don't they ship screening copies before general release? I was able to get Chicago several weeks before it opened (at least in my neck of the woods), but all the other upcoming releases that I've gone for have been fake-thank God for Preview extractor!
So, based on ya'lls extensive experience, how long does it generally take for a new movie to show up on the web?

Ad
03-30-2003, 12:35 PM
it really depends it might come out 1 week before the actual release comes out in the cinamas

Skillian
03-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Yep , it's different every time. Sometimes you might have to wait til it's released on retail DVD before you can find a decent copy. All you can do is keep looking at forums like this to get a heads up on the new stuff. http://www.vcdquality.com can be a big help too.