PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life Platinum Collection and Steam...

Cl1mh4224rd
12-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Yes... old-school Half-Life...

Anyway, it was given to me as a gift from a friend of mine who insists that I play the original before buying HL2. The Collection contains Half-Life: Game of the Year Edition, Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, and Blue Shift.

I downloaded Steam, created an account (not necessary for this, I know), and registered the CD key. Now, everything from the Platinum Collection is available to me... except Blue Shift.

If I enter in the CD key for Blue Shift, Steam tells me that I "already have active subscriptions to the game(s) associated with this CD key."

Does anyone know why?

[edit]: Ok, hmm... Apparently Blue Shift isn't available through Steam, because it's actually owned by Gearbox, who modified the original HL engine a bit. That makes sense, unfortunately.

Busyman
12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Isn't the original HL with the updated graphics of HL2 (called Source) out.

They have also updated CS.

I will play those first.

Formula1
12-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Isn't the original HL with the updated graphics of HL2 (called Source) out.

They have also updated CS.

I will play those first.

Actually from what i've seen read of Half Life Source, Valve only updated the texture a bit , the graphics are still the same as the original Half Life 1 that came out in '98. So basically its as dissapointing as Counter Condition Zero. Anyways about Counter-Strike Source, it uses updated/2004 graphics and physics like Half Life, but there aren't much differences in gameplay compared CS 1.6 , but worth getting i guess.

Cl1mh4224rd
12-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Half-Life: Source is pretty much just getting the water effects and physics from the Source engine. Everything else is almost exactly the same, with a few minor things like this:

A "live" menu background, like HL2.
The ability to jump to any chapter.

Skiz
12-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Yes... old-school Half-Life...

Anyway, it was given to me as a gift from a friend of mine who insists that I play the original before buying HL2. The Collection contains Half-Life: Game of the Year Edition, Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, and Blue Shift.

I downloaded Steam, created an account (not necessary for this, I know), and registered the CD key. Now, everything from the Platinum Collection is available to me... except Blue Shift.

If I enter in the CD key for Blue Shift, Steam tells me that I "already have active subscriptions to the game(s) associated with this CD key."

Does anyone know why?

[edit]: Ok, hmm... Apparently Blue Shift isn't available through Steam, because it's actually owned by Gearbox, who modified the original HL engine a bit. That makes sense, unfortunately.

Want Blue Shift? Ill send it to you.

Cl1mh4224rd
12-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Want Blue Shift? Ill send it to you.
:huh: Thanks for the offer, but I think you need to read my post again. I already have Blue Shift on CD.