PDA

View Full Version : DVD MPEG-2 on CD-R

browser
12-12-2004, 06:33 PM
I had some small avi's (2 x 150MB). I converted them to DVD MPEG-2 format (TMPGEnc) and was left with 2 x 200MB. I was wondering, since I don't want to waste a blank DVD, if I can put it on a CD-R in DVD format.

I use Ulead DVD Moviefactory 3. I chose to make a DVD disk and after the menus and all that, the required space was only about 500MB (it showed up as 500MB space needed on the output screen). Can I just insert a blank CD and burn?

{I}{K}{E}
12-12-2004, 07:09 PM
yes, but try a CD-RW first. I dunno if all DVD player support this

3RA1N1AC
12-12-2004, 11:42 PM
I had some small avi's (2 x 150MB). I converted them to DVD MPEG-2 format (TMPGEnc) and was left with 2 x 200MB. I was wondering, since I don't want to waste a blank DVD, if I can put it on a CD-R in DVD format.

I use Ulead DVD Moviefactory 3. I chose to make a DVD disk and after the menus and all that, the required space was only about 500MB (it showed up as 500MB space needed on the output screen). Can I just insert a blank CD and burn?
Nero has an option to burn a CD using the DVD-Video format. i think the template is listed as Mini-DVD. i dunno if any other burn programs are able to do this. and as {I}{K}{E} says, this Mini-DVD format (DVD-Video on a CD) is not officially supported by any manufacturers of DVD players, so it's not guaranteed to work with every player-- it may work with your player, or it may not.