PDA

View Full Version : Uncensored Iraqi Video From War - *graphic*

Jibbler
03-30-2003, 05:29 PM
These are short clips of US Soldiers that were broadcast on Iraqi TV. They were found to be too graphic for American television. This is what CNN didn't think you should see. I support the America troops in Iraq, however I also believe very strongly in the right to free speech. These files are being posted here only so that Americans can see for themselves, the true casualties of war. The files are graphic, so procede with caution.

File:Al Jazerra TV-USA POW Killed 1.wmv (sig2dat:///|File:Al Jazerra TV-USA POW Killed 1.wmv|Length:7399010Bytes,7226KB|UUHash:=ArVRyD2Bkq6rdSq9vjn/o68ix9Y=|)
Length:7399010Bytes,7226KB
UUHash:=ArVRyD2Bkq6rdSq9vjn/o68ix9Y=

File:Al Jazerra TV-USA POW Killed.wmv (sig2dat:///|File:Al Jazerra TV-USA POW Killed.wmv|Length:7378782Bytes,7206KB|UUHash:=NfifKBlcEn0uswpW/6jYqfF7OvA=|)
Length:7378782Bytes,7206KB
UUHash:=NfifKBlcEn0uswpW/6jYqfF7OvA=

File:aljazeera.mpeg (sig2dat:///|File:aljazeera.mpeg|Length:41355580Bytes,40386KB|UUHash:=9aJJ6D8SeS6ByXToSMAJUZQ5tHQ=|)
Length:41355580Bytes,40386KB
UUHash:=9aJJ6D8SeS6ByXToSMAJUZQ5tHQ=

kAb
03-30-2003, 09:35 PM
did you know that you just helped break the geneva convention?

NO FUCKING SHIT PEOPLE ARE KILLED.

do you think society has been reduced to people WANTING to see this?

We know Iraq is fucked up.

O and i'm boycotting the video. i refuse to click the links, if i had been killed as a POW, i wouldn't want the whole world seeing it.

Would you?

ketoprak
03-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Kab - The US army were the first to show Iraqi war prisoners, so who's breaking the Geneva convention?

I'm not even talking of the prisoners in Gantanamo who are denied any right.

Seems that law is only for others.

Jibbler
03-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by kAb@30 March 2003 - 16:35
did you know that you just helped break the geneva convention?

NO FUCKING SHIT PEOPLE ARE KILLED.

do you think society has been reduced to people WANTING to see this?

We know Iraq is fucked up.

O and i'm boycotting the video. i refuse to click the links, if i had been killed as a POW, i wouldn't want the whole world seeing it.

Would you?
I didn't help break the Geneva Convention, Iraqi TV did. They broadcast images the images of the soldiers above without any of their next of kin being notified prior.

Do I think society wants to see any of this? Yes, and I believe that in wars past, press coverage didn't allow images like this to be broadcast to American TV. Americans are generally patriotic people, war supporters, as most of our rights as a country were earned in the same manner. Do Americans truly understand the graphic nature of war and its reprocussions? Now they have a choice.

If I were an American POW, would I want the world to see me like this? Yes. It is an honor to keep your memory alive in the hearts and minds of the people whose freedom you are sworn to protect. These images, while graphic, will soon appear in the textbooks that your children will read from in school.

I support America, the troops, and the wildly barbaric movement of Mr. Bush to invade Iraq to protect many future generations of people from harm. I am an American, I am protected by my right to free speech, and I have the right to view my news in uncensored, unedited form. Maybe one day the Iraqi people will be free to conduct themselves in the same manner.

ketoprak
03-30-2003, 11:53 PM
As far as law is concerned, the Geneva Conventions applies to governments, armies and soldiers, not to journalists or networks.

As far as I am concerned, I don't want to see these videos.

sred2003
03-31-2003, 05:56 AM
Kab - The US army were the first to show Iraqi war prisoners, so who's breaking the Geneva convention?

you compare the way America treats its prisoners of war to the way iraq does?
ARE YOU A FREAKIN RETARD!
and we did not break the geneva convention. the only time you see iraqi
prisoners of war is when they are actually surrendering and reporters are
right there to tape it. we dont then proceed to parade them in front of cameras
and interogate them (against the laws of the geneva convention) and show the bodies of executed soldiers with extreme close ups of the head wounds (against the laws of the geneva convention as well)

ne1GotZardoz
03-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by sred2003@31 March 2003 - 00:56

you compare the way America treats its prisoners of war to the way iraq does?
and we did not break the geneva convention. the only time you see iraqi
prisoners of war is when they are actually surrendering and reporters are
right there to tape it. we dont then proceed to parade them in front of cameras
and interogate them (against the laws of the geneva convention) and show the bodies of executed soldiers with extreme close ups of the head wounds (against the laws of the geneva convention as well)
Sred,

You seem confused.

kAb is only pointing out that we tied our own hands on the geneva convention issue by applying it to ANY public display of captured or killed Americans.

We MUST then apply those same conventions to our actions, making us incapable of showing the horrors of the Feyadeen.

And from that point on, even if they show every single image of anything we may or may not have done, we cannot show a single image of what they did.

Welcome to the wonderful world of politics.

Peace

ne1GotZardoz
03-31-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by sred2003@31 March 2003 - 00:56

We don't call them "retards".

We call them "mentally challenged".

We call YOU a retard.

<joking>

lunatacs
04-01-2003, 08:31 AM
This pointless flaming wasn&#39;t call for. you people need to understand how to control your emotions and get your facts straight. Kab, your the one I&#39;m speaking with. You started this. you don&#39;t like it? don&#39;t even bother looking at it or replying to it. if your willing to live in your little world and seening life only from your own little eyes, then keep your opinions to yourself. America doesn&#39;t report bad news, only what needs to be heard, remember that. By the way, those tapes weren&#39;t released in america tv&#39;s because it would of only created panic about this war.....they dont want that, they need americans to support bush and this war. People have no idea what is war and how iraq has been living for the past 12 days they been bombed. Americans only felt a touch of war on 9/11. Your kind of thinking is what only makes this process of war worse. People like you need to join the army. <_<

N£MO
04-01-2003, 08:38 AM
I&#39;m not against the USA and coalition as im in England BUT i got to say to jibbler,it might not be in everyones taste to see these but i agree with you posting them as we are adults and free to make our own choices as to what we see ;)

Jibbler
04-01-2003, 06:58 PM
I guess this thread is a perfect example of how the news gets to different people. Each person has the right to their own opinion, and the "facts" of this war are being reported differently on different sides. I never meant to offend anyone with this post. I only hoped to share the "graphic nature" of these clips, as CNN America refused to re-broadcast for American viewers. :huh:

lunatacs
04-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Sometimes people need to see what is war or feel it through those troops that are their fighting for us here, though I don&#39;t agree with this war. I do believe seening those tapes shades some light on the truth and maybe opens some people&#39;s eyes of what is happining their that they wont even dare to film.

leecheskicked
04-01-2003, 09:19 PM
Firstly, I am in favour of this war, what the hell is the alternative, regardless of this i watch BBC |CNN, Fox and Al Jazear, yes I watch the one true independent arab news channel, OK maybe not truely independent, but who is, This arab station has managed to piss off most arab states over the last five years,

I think it&#39;s best to watch everything and distill your opion from all available sources.

PS I am UK and would like to see George Garroway Shot at dawn with blunt bullets&#33;

leecheskicked
04-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Hell I forgot the topic&#33; sorry, I do not think images can be too graphic, no one but a chile can misunderstand what a chunck of shrapnel does to a human skull, cummon are we wll children, I think wa all know what war means

sred2003
04-02-2003, 01:48 AM
kAb is only pointing out that we tied our own hands on the geneva convention issue by applying it to ANY public display of captured or killed Americans.

ok i think you are confused.
we never applied the geneva convention issue to ANY public display of POWs.

i pointed out the exact infrictions that the iraqis made
i dont know where you got this any display crap.

we dont then proceed to parade them in front of cameras

Jibbler
04-02-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by sred2003@1 April 2003 - 20:48

ok i think you are confused.
we never applied the geneva convention issue to ANY public display of POWs.

i pointed out the exact infrictions that the iraqis made
i dont know where you got this any display crap.

we dont then proceed to parade them in front of cameras
sred2003 is right. We (America) have not violated the convention at all. When you see Iraqi POWs on American TV, they usually have their faces "blocked" out or they wear hoods. This is because it is a violation of the Geneva Convention to show POWs on TV, or in any manner that demeans them. Also, no dead soldiers can be shown on TV, until the next of kin is notified first. This was another reason why these videos were not shown on American TV.

Spindulik
04-02-2003, 04:27 AM
This Saddam Regime of the "most feared elite army" is a total joke.

The feared army hides behind women and children like a coward. Dresses like civilians and hides amongst the civilian population like the ball-less sissys that they are. Never will you see any of them fight like brave strong men. They have to blackmail innocent men into being suicide bombers (or human shields), otherwise they will kill their women and children if they don&#39;t obey. This elite army is nothing to brag about.

EMPTY barrels bang the loudest&#33; All talk and no action. Where was Saddam. He was a no-show for his own "live" news conference today. All we have is a bunch of video tapes of Saddam talking from the dead.

fallenknight308
04-05-2003, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the links jibbler B)

Jibbler
04-07-2003, 08:14 PM
We are in about the 3rd week of the war. CNN gives us non stop live coverage, 24 hours a day. I&#39;ve seen more dead bodies than I&#39;ll ever need to see. So, looking back, I guess this "graphic" coverage posted here isn&#39;t so graphic after all? :huh: <_<

junkyardking
04-08-2003, 03:27 AM
I didnt know the American Government gave two hoots about international conventions, the anti balistic missle treaty and Kyoto are just a number of treatys the US Doesnt give a shit about.

It&#39;s funny how If Say that if you Agree with the US your right and if you disagree(say the UN) your wrong.

What about those guy&#39;s In Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, oh wait the US can treat them like shit because the US calls them "enemy combatants - A dodgy legal term at best " in the Geneva Convention, oh you must be proud.

longterm
04-08-2003, 05:00 AM
I must&#39;ve pissed off or bored too many people with my stuff, so I&#39;ll try and keep it brief.
I cannot access any of the video links you have in your message. The first time I tried I was booted off the site entirely, with the error message.
After that, only the error message.
I am not looking for footage, but I am willing to see it.
Turning one&#39;s face from horror does not make horror go away.
It merely blinds one to the approach of horror to their area.
Peace. B) Love. :D Knowledge. ;) Humor. :lol:

Jibbler
04-10-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by longterm@8 April 2003 - 00:00
I cannot access any of the video links you have in your message. The first time I tried I was booted off the site entirely, with the error message.
:huh: :blink: Booted off the site? :huh: :blink:

Kid1A
04-10-2003, 05:11 PM
no mad speachs, this shit is WRONG, put it on some website for freaks cause thats were belongs.

ne1GotZardoz
04-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by longterm@8 April 2003 - 00:00
I must&#39;ve pissed off or bored too many people with my stuff, so I&#39;ll try and keep it brief.
I am not looking for footage, but I am willing to see it.
Turning one&#39;s face from horror does not make horror go away.
It merely blinds one to the approach of horror to their area.
Peace. B) Love. :D Knowledge. ;) Humor. :lol:
Longterm,

Its a Kazaa file hash.

If you have the right software, you can click the link and it&#39;ll put the hash in your download folder, then the next time you start up Kazaa, the file will be queued to start downloading.

Hope that helps

ne1GotZardoz
04-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Kid1A@10 April 2003 - 12:11
no mad speachs, this shit is WRONG, put it on some website for freaks cause thats were belongs.
If it makes you sick at your stomach, thats good.

You have three options now...Pretend it isn&#39;t real...Accept that its real but that it&#39;s just the way things are...Do what you can to make it go away.

It Should make you sick at your stomach.

But ignoring it doesn&#39;t get rid of it.

Edited to add this:

There is one other option...The one you suggest. We could move it to a website where people who&#39;s minds are already leaning that direction, can use it to reinforce any misguided ideals they may have.

I have a problem with your freak reference though.

Freaks are disgusted by this stuff.

This should really be moved to a fundamentalist website.

They love this stuff. ;)

chrhein
04-29-2003, 12:17 PM
for your information US wasnt the first to show POW&#39;s. The only thing you saw was a bunch of ppl sitting with soldiers around them, theire faces where blurry, so noone was humiliated on tv. The Iraqies humiliated POW&#39;s on tv... Also, the Iraqy videos where realesed by the government of Iraq, the US video was realesed from some network, not by the government