PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio: XM or SIRIUS?

j2k4
12-13-2004, 01:14 AM
I'm gonna get one or the other-

XM got the jump on SIRIUS, to be sure, a bit better satellite coverage, has more customers, etc., but I'm hearing good stuff about SIRIUS now; new CEO, programming is improving, the stock is taking off.

Opinions from owners/users?

Outlook?

Watcha think?

Huh?

Huh? :huh:

Samurai
12-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Never heard of either but I'll check it out, do you have any links?

iMartin
12-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Strange enough, I was just wandering the same and came here to post the same question.

Jibbler
12-13-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm going with SIRIUS... i'm a loyal Howard Stern fan

j2k4
12-13-2004, 01:44 AM
Never heard of either but I'll check it out, do you have any links?

Hmmm.

Lessee....ah, yes-here you go... ;)

http://www.xmradio.com/

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1018209032790

Samurai
12-13-2004, 01:52 AM
cheers.

so, you have to pay for both... you willing to do that, because i'm sure you know winamp has thousands of radio streams and alot are pretty good quality :)

j2k4
12-13-2004, 02:05 AM
cheers.

so, you have to pay for both... you willing to do that, because i'm sure you know winamp has thousands of radio streams and alot are pretty good quality :)

'Tis true, but winamp won't fit in my car...

I've looked a bit at both sites, and am temporarily flummoxed; neither of them obviously out-paces the other.

Tough decision. :huh:

Skiz
12-13-2004, 02:09 AM
I've had XM for almost two years and no regrets. Never used Sirius though.

Google.com
12-13-2004, 02:15 AM
I would go with Sirius myself. Equipment costs less, better customer service, and I have noticed that XM is starting to sneak in a few advertisements on their supposedly commercial free radio.

Another thing I also noticed is if you are planning on dropping big bucks on this, a 5 year subscription to XM costs $499. That same $499 will get you a lifetime subscription to Sirius.

I have had XM before, and have had Sirius the last 7 or 8 months and would not go back.

BTW: When you get Sirius, you get all of their channels for the same $9.99 a month rate as XM, but to get all of XM's stations, you have to pay extra for the premium stations.

j2k4
12-13-2004, 02:41 AM
I would go with Sirius myself. Equipment costs less, better customer service, and I have noticed that XM is starting to sneak in a few advertisements on their supposedly commercial free radio.

Another thing I also noticed is if you are planning on dropping big bucks on this, a 5 year subscription to XM costs $499. That same $499 will get you a lifetime subscription to Sirius.

I have had XM before, and have had Sirius the last 7 or 8 months and would not go back.

BTW: When you get Sirius, you get all of their channels for the same $9.99 a month rate as XM, but to get all of XM's stations, you have to pay extra for the premium stations.

Ah, yes...

That's what I'm after. :D

Thanks! :)

Vargas
12-13-2004, 03:00 AM
i get Sirius through the dish network on TV, its pretty good. if you subscribe to Sirius you can tune in online as well. (just not if youre a dish network user, since they pay less for Sirius)

Samurai
12-13-2004, 09:02 AM

Nice information there. Oh and welcome to the forums ;)

backlash
12-13-2004, 06:14 PM
yeah, sirius cuz Howard's going there. Haven't decided if I will, but maybe, depending on if I want another monthly bill.

natedogg
12-13-2004, 06:19 PM
sirius

Jibbler
12-14-2004, 02:49 AM
with all due respect... comparing 'winamp' streams to satellite radio is hardly fair. Paying for radio, is much like paying for cable.. you could tune a few shitty channels in for free, or pay for them all, and get commercial free radio

j2k4
12-14-2004, 02:58 AM
with all due respect... comparing 'winamp' streams to satellite radio is hardly fair. Paying for radio, is much like paying for cable.. you could tune a few shitty channels in for free, or pay for them all, and get commercial free radio

A contributing factor to my "torn-ness". :huh:

Another is that my wife is who wants it, but neither of us will get from it what she/we want it for.

Great-now I have confustigated even myself. :wacko:

Smith
12-14-2004, 10:06 PM
i think ill just stick to the free radio :P