PDA

View Full Version : TMPGenc problems

anxies
12-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Hi there my TMPGenc software has just expired and i have now downloaded a trial period version of the TMPGenc plus however this just doesnt seem to work even with a crack serial i found that appears to work . Every file i try to open which i know worked before says "can not open, or unsupported" I just cant work it out has this software got some kind of detection that you've had it before and to be totally buggered up the second time round. I really need this to work really i have some films i want converted tonight otherwise if no one can help with solving that problem can someone recommend a equally easy and straight forward software i can use to convert my avi movies to play on my dvd player?

thanks to anyone that can help

anxies

muchspl2
12-13-2004, 09:04 PM
set up you vafpi settings
under preferences look for vafpi
raise and lower to match the picture don't worry about setting you don't have, just math the ones you do have
http://members.cox.net/my_web_pictures/tmpegnc_setting_for_x-vid.gif

anxies
12-13-2004, 09:30 PM
hi tried what you said and on your diagram noticed you had a mpeg 2 encoder installed on that there doesnt seem to be one on mine how do i get it and why do you think its not on? Also i keep getting a illegal mpeg message popping up as i try and open with tmpg manually.

anxies
12-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Hi i dont mean to be a noob but i dont understand this tmpgenc at all have tried adjusting the setting as you said and still comes up illegal file format for all my files as i try to open them with the program. Is there a equally good software i can use i'm not the greatest at working all these programs out i'm a bit of a beginner really and this is really getting at me now. Is it worth me paying out for the tmpgenc software would it work then? :crying:

Please help me :frusty:

anxies

muchspl2
12-14-2004, 10:34 AM
you must not have the codecs to encode
http://ftp.isu.edu.tw/pub/Windows/Edskes/k/klcodec234f.exe
dl and load that then try again, you have to have the correct codecs to encode

anxies
12-14-2004, 10:55 AM
nope just downloaded that and it still not working saying files unsupported? This is driving me crazy i admit though i dont think i had the kazaa codec! :helpsmili

muchspl2
12-14-2004, 11:15 AM
IDK
did you get a crack for tmpgenc yet I never even heard of tmgenc plus

anxies
12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
couldnt get a crack for my tmpgenc version 2.521.58.169 so gave up and tried the plus version i found whilst searching.

sArA
12-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Still sounds like a codec problem to me though...I have 2.5 and was having the same error message, updated my codecs and its working great now....