PDA

View Full Version : NHL Lockout Rant

Smith
12-13-2004, 10:36 PM
Alrite, your a player in the NHL, you make millions but you strike anyway.

I WANT MY HOCKEY BACK. ITS THE ONLY THING THAT KEEPS ME GOING IN THE WINTER :angry:

Professional sport players shouldnt be allowed to strike. they make to much damn money.

NikkiD
12-13-2004, 10:54 PM
It's not the players fault.

The owners got themselves in this mess. They're the ones who started offering players outrageous sums of money to lure them away from other teams or lock them into long term contracts. Once they started, of course the players followed suit. If the player turns the contract offered down, and the idiot owners didn't all jump on the bandwagon and offer huge contracts, the players would have to settle for less if they wanted to play. So, like I said, the owners are responsible for the mess they're in. They started the cycle, now they can't live up to it.

As for the league, it's exaggerated the amount of money it's losing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6471372/

Again, not the players fault.

The band aid that the NHLPA has offered isn't a long term solution. Sure, a salary rollback will give the league a temporary boost. But the owners (and I'm being brutally honest here) are stupid. They'll be back to offering staggering sums of money to players in no time.

-DN
12-14-2004, 02:12 AM
damn. this is bad. with out hockey to keep them busy, all the men in canada are going to have to revert back to there natural call....male on male buttsex. well i can't blame them..just look at NikkiD's picture...eeww

silent h3ro
12-14-2004, 02:15 AM
No comment. :ermm:

cpt_azad
12-14-2004, 02:34 AM
damn. this is bad. with out hockey to keep them busy, all the men in canada are going to have to revert back to there natural call....male on male buttsex. well i can't blame them..just look at NikkiD's picture...eeww
i'll get right to the point on this dumbfucks post:

STFU n00b.

Smith
12-15-2004, 09:54 PM

do you want to die?

cause ill come to your house and kill you

Samurai
12-15-2004, 10:31 PM
do you want to die?

cause ill come to your house and kill you

wahahahahaha you bringing your schoolbooks with you 'tard? :lol: you gonna beat him over the head with em?

cpt_azad
12-15-2004, 11:11 PM
wahahahahaha you bringing your schoolbooks with you 'tard? :lol: you gonna beat him over the head with em?
lol, don't every poke fun at an angry canadian, we have "powers" :ph34r:

Monkster
12-15-2004, 11:32 PM
i'll get right to the point on this dumbfucks post:

STFU n00b. well said

cpt_azad
12-16-2004, 12:39 AM
well said

yup. I'm guessin you're in White Rock, right?

Monkster
12-16-2004, 04:12 PM
very close to it...cresent beach area:01:

cpt_azad
12-17-2004, 06:18 AM
very close to it...cresent beach area:01:
nice, i go there like every month, love that place :) (honestly, i hate the other beaches, full of broken seashells :angry: hurt me feet)

peat moss
12-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Big surpsise here, all us Surrey /Delta kids complaining about Hockey or the lack of it! :lol: Hey at least we have the Junoirs starting up Xmas day . GO Canada
:)