PDA

View Full Version : Best Epic Battles in Movies !!

worldpease
12-15-2004, 01:20 AM
The best epic battles,
well, one of my favorites was ¨the battle at Helm´s Deep¨ (The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers). and I spacialy liked the part were they had almost no hope, then they see that the Elf army has arived to help and it brings hope again.
-and who wouldn´t be happy, with an army as efective as the elfs, even I go to war-
The one in Return Of The King was good too, but the ¨living dead peaple¨ killed all the fun.

The other battles I´ve liked are,
-the Jedis agains the droid army and the Clone Battle
-the big Robots Vs, the centinels (matric revolutions)
-the destruction of the Death Star (return of the jedi)
-the Dominion war (DS9)(more or less)

cpt_azad
12-15-2004, 07:15 AM
the first 3 listed under your "other battles ive liked" are also some of my fave. as for LOTR, well just refer to my sig ;)

-Saving Private Ryan, first 20 min and the last battle
-Any battle scene from Band Of Brothers (they're all equally good, and IMHO, the best battle scenes)
-Black Hawk Down, need i say more?
-Chronicles of Riddick "the invasion" scene (in the beginning sorta, where that planet gets fuckin own3d in 1 night)
-Gladiator (Ridley Scott is your "epic" king i guess, since he also directed BHD)

ofbz
12-15-2004, 08:06 AM
you guys have named all my favorites already....

i've got a couple more... not as big and fancy as the ones you named... but still

The Last Samurai, the last battle...
Braveheart, almost all the battles scenes... (bloddy = :)) ...:devil:

oh and btw... all the battle scenes on "LOTR return of the king" were awsome....

gonna think of some more now.... cya later

TheDave
12-15-2004, 08:09 AM
i saw a pretty old film the other day. it was on during the day time, set in probably normandy. same sort of feel as saving private ryan. there was about half an hour when they were fighting tigers. great battles even though you never see blood.

if anyone knows what i'm talking about tell me

and what ive seen of lawrence of arabia that looks pretty cool. never actually seen more than clips though

Haz
12-15-2004, 08:27 AM
Last Samurai here too, not the best battle I've ever seen but that bit at the end with the machine gun was pretty intense. Still remember it.

Wallace_Askew
12-15-2004, 09:14 AM
you guys have named all my favorites already....

i've got a couple more... not as big and fancy as the ones you named... but still

The Last Samurai, the last battle...
Braveheart, almost all the battles scenes... (bloddy = :)) ...:devil:

oh and btw... all the battle scenes on "LOTR return of the king" were awsome....

gonna think of some more now.... cya later

Braveheart definitely :01:

worldpease
12-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Yea, I liked Braveheart and Gladiator too.
And I also liked the small battle scenes in ¨The Alamo¨,
and the last vertion of ¨The Last Of The Mohicans¨...

Busyman
12-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Superman II

Superman vs. General Zod and friends in the city

Scanners

The last battle

Samurai
12-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Band Of Brothers

cpt_azad
12-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Band Of Brothers
that's what i'm fucking talking about, read my 1st post. And i still think thise series contains the best battles EVER.

TheDave
12-15-2004, 11:17 PM
anyone know where i can get lawrence of arabia? i wanna watch it all now :unsure:

TheDave
12-20-2004, 06:05 AM
errr. bump

what about the flight of the valkyries in apoclypse now?

or any of that newsreel from fallujah :ermm:

ahctlucabbuS
12-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Amongst those not mentioned yet, the thin red line had a few good scenes.

ziggyjuarez
12-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Braveheart,

:01: Best fight scene ever...

cpt_azad
12-20-2004, 08:35 AM
or any of that newsreel from fallujah

ummm, i've only seen one but it didnt show much, anyone got any links to any fallujah videos? anyone???

TheDave
12-20-2004, 08:42 AM
guess it wont be on any rolling news channels anymore :unsure:

you should watch the news more often :01:

Skiz
12-20-2004, 08:45 AM
apoclypse now

Beta me to it. Good pick

Ben Hur has one of the best battle scences ever. About 40,000 ppl battling. That was b4 all the special effects and such. All real. Anyway, best ever has to go to Saving Private Ryan.

bujub22
12-21-2004, 05:49 AM
Band Of Brothers
;)

i also love the movie glory

worldpease
12-22-2004, 01:58 AM
You know what will be good?
the battles in ¨STAR WARS EPISODE III: Revenge Of The Sith¨...
just imagine,
The last of the Jedi, facing the heartless attack of the evil forces of the dark side,
feeling, as the intro for episode 2 said, overwelmed,
having one ofthe most powerful jedi of them all, turned to the dark side agains them,
Obi Wan facing his once Padwan.
The decimated army of the republic being exterminated by the forces of the dark side.
Ho Dam it, I can´t wait!

cpt_azad
12-22-2004, 02:08 AM
Beta me to it. Good pick

Ben Hur has one of the best battle scences ever. About 40,000 ppl battling. That was b4 all the special effects and such. All real. Anyway, best ever has to go to Saving Private Ryan.

sorta agree on there, Band Of Brothers is number 1 followed by Saving Private Ryan simply cuz BoB is 5 times longer than SPR and it's way more indepth. I guess number 3 could go to Thin Red Line followed by Apocalypse Now (redux vers)

OASVstar
12-24-2004, 07:25 PM
;)

i also love the movie glory

GLORY ( Was the shit !!!! Heads flying peoples bodies blowing up AND SUCH A GOOD CAST)

Black Hawk Down (Rockets go BOOM!)

Band Of Brother (Need i say more {Tom hanks & Spielberg})

And...

Saving Private Ryan. <-- Intense ending Just liek 1st LEVEL IN CALL OF DUTY

P.E.A.C.E

aNdRe :cool:

bujub22
12-25-2004, 12:32 AM
GLORY ( Was the shit !!!! Heads flying peoples bodies blowing up AND SUCH A GOOD CAST)

Black Hawk Down (Rockets go BOOM!)

Band Of Brother (Need i say more {Tom hanks & Spielberg})

And...

Saving Private Ryan. <-- Intense ending Just liek 1st LEVEL IN CALL OF DUTY

P.E.A.C.E

aNdRe :cool:
;) yup

i also enjoyed avp tho i thought the fight scenes could have been longer but still a great movie

also tho some mighht disagree is matrix i love futuristic battles

starship troopers and terminater :01:

cpt_azad
12-25-2004, 01:02 AM
;) yup

i also enjoyed avp tho i thought the fight scenes could have been longer but still a great movie

also tho some mighht disagree is matrix i love futuristic battles

starship troopers and terminater :01:

fuck, i forgot about starship troopers :cool: (gonna go download now, thanks buju). matrix was good too, but epic? nah.

bujub22
12-26-2004, 09:26 AM
fuck, i forgot about starship troopers :cool: (gonna go download now, thanks buju). matrix was good too, but epic? nah.
epic cuz when was the last good battle that brought millions to see it come out besides lotr that was a great fantasy battle?

Gripper
12-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Don't forget Full Metal Jacket and Hamburger Hill

Samurai
12-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Full Metal Jacket

No epic battles in FMJ, but still a great film!

ofbz
12-28-2004, 04:05 AM
not a lot of people liked "pearl harbor"... but i think the main fighting scene (and the other little ones as well) were really awsome...

cpt_azad
12-28-2004, 04:15 AM
@ofbz, it was epic yes, but way too over-emphasized (but then again the thing is about pearl harbour)