PDA

View Full Version : Mo. Police Search for Fetus Cut From Womb

ZaZu
12-17-2004, 05:54 PM
SKIDMORE, Mo. (AP) - An eight-months-pregnant woman was slain in her home, and her fetus was then cut from her womb, authorities said. Believing the infant survived, they issued an Amber Alert early Friday.

Bobbi Jo Stinnett's mother found her body Thursday afternoon. The 23-year-old woman had apparently been strangled. Early Friday, authorities issued an alert and said the missing child is believed to be a girl.

``The doctors who examined Bobbi Jo gave us information indicating we probably would have a live child if we could find it,'' Nodaway County Sheriff Bill Espey said Friday. ``The child would be in danger because of being one month premature.''

``Someone was wanting a baby awful bad,'' he had said earlier.

There were no visible signs of struggle and no indication of forced entry into Stinnett's home in this small community of 500 in the northwest corner of Missouri, the sheriff said.

``We know she was alive in the afternoon, within an hour of being found,'' Espey said.

Authorities said they were looking for a person who may have blond hair and possibly was driving a red vehicle.

Stinnett worked at a motor factory in nearby Maryville; she was expecting her first child.

A neighbor, Bill Dragoo, said Stinnett and her husband raised dogs and ``didn't bother anybody. It blows my mind that this happened. She was such a shy person. They didn't deserve this.''

Source (http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=ne-us-10-l2&flok=FF-APO-1110&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20041217%2F1148865889.htm&sc=1110)

A similar thing happened before just last month (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=85842) in Columbia.This is unbelievable,how could someone do something like that?

hobbes
12-18-2004, 02:32 AM
Something is definitely wrong in that town.

McElroy for years had terrorized the small town of Skidmore Missouri, and was considered the town bully. He had been charged with more than 20 felonies, robbing, raping, burning, shootings. He intimidated people by driving by at night and firing a shotgun blast, putting a rattlesnake in their mailbox, etc. July 10, 1981, his rein of terror came to an end. While parked in front of the D & G Tavern on Main Street, in broad daylight, with a crowd estimated at 45 people around his pickup truck, Ken McElroy was shot in the head with a high powered rifle, while his wife sat in the seat beside him. Three grand jury investigations and an FBI probe resulted in no indictments and no trial. The citizens of Skidmore Missouri apparently protecting the person or persons firing the shots. The incident received world wide press coverage, was the subject of a tv movie and a book.

3RA1N1AC
12-18-2004, 05:05 AM
i could swear that i have heard of another case (like that fetus-theft one) happening in the u.s.... maybe within the past couple of years?

edit: found it. http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/10/05/pregnant.woman.killing.02/

edit again: or maybe i was thinking of this one. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Southwest/12/29/woman.slain.ap/

edit yet again: OR THIS? these "i wanted a baby so bad" murders are all starting to look alike. http://www.s-t.com/daily/11-95/11-21-95/stabbing.htm

i'm kinda interested in seeing that skimore/mcelroy movie, too. brian dennehy, man.

Monkeee
12-18-2004, 06:34 AM
this is just sick...... what is the world coming to.. seriously taking a premature baby from a womb.. thats just wrong..

cpt_azad
12-18-2004, 07:11 AM
wtf dude

j2k4
12-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Is the offending woman a candidate for the death penalty or a true nut who should be scoped for research?

Sounds like she was a cold, calculating bitch.

I would not be tempted to dawdle in punishing her-let us forego due process, just this once? :huh:

Biggles
12-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Is the offending woman a candidate for the death penalty or a true nut who should be scoped for research?

Sounds like she was a cold, calculating bitch.

I would not be tempted to dawdle in punishing her-let us forego due process, just this once? :huh:

I have only really seen a couple things on this but her actions and behaviour are not what one would call "run of the mill".

Squirrel poo springs to mind. :blink:

j2k4
12-22-2004, 01:03 AM
Squirrel poo springs to mind. :blink:

Had I pondered another tick or two, I'd have concluded similarly, I'm sure.

Well poot, Bigglesworth. :)

Everose
12-30-2004, 02:30 PM
I am reading that the woman who admits doing this was facing a custody battle with her ex-husband over two of the four children she already had. It seems the ex also was accusing her of staging false pregnancies. She did it for herself, to prove to the court that the current false pregnancy she was claiming wasn't false. Her ex claims he never knew her to be violent. The four kids are now with their Dad.

Very sick, sick woman. Devasting to Bobbi Jo's loved ones.

Snee
12-30-2004, 02:45 PM

A sick monster who ought to be put down like a rabid dog, is my spontaneous reaction.

j2k4
12-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Terminated........with prejudice? :ohmy:

Methinks...yes-quite-indeedy-do. ;)

An object lesson; too few of them, anymore.