PDA

View Full Version : Mets Acquire Pedro - Braves Acquire Hudson

rookiecrd1
12-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Just as I thought the Mets were gaining ground in the NL East, the Braves go out and trade for Tim Hudson. With Hudson in the rotation, along with John Smoltz, it looks as though the Braves have a stellar rotation for the 2005 season.

RPerry
12-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Finally, a Topic on one of my teams....
Only question I have, is can John Smoltz handle being a starter again after so long as a closer, and multiple arm surgeries ? :huh:

rookiecrd1
12-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Yes that is a good question.

As of right now, what's the braves starting rotation look like?

j2k4
12-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Great-that puts the Braves right back in the thick of things.

Here is a firm prediction:

Next year will be Pedro's last year at anything close to dominance; he will suffer an injury that will hinder him into retirement, and next year might be his last altogether.

That will be too bad; I can't think of a pitcher who's more fun to watch-Pedro pitching is like I-Rod catching: A treat to savor for true afficianados of baseball. :)

RPerry
12-22-2004, 09:12 AM

not quite sure right now, looks like they have not made a firm decision to start Smoltz yet... :unsure:

RPerry
01-07-2005, 02:26 PM

Rotation: As he announced the Hudson deal, Braves GM John Schuerholz proclaimed the Braves now had one of their greatest rotations of all-time. Those are rather lofty words in Atlanta. But with Hudson and John Smoltz, the Braves have two potential aces atop the rotation. With John Thomson, Mike Hampton and Horacio Ramirez, they have three other hurlers very capable of 15-win seasons. The extent of the rotation's success likely will hinge on Smoltz's health. The righthander believes his troublesome elbow will be protected more as a starter than it was when he was in the bullpen. Thomson's star has risen in each of the past two years, and Hampton has shown flashes of brilliance in the second half of the past two seasons. At full strength, Ramirez, who is coming off shoulder surgery, will be as talented as any fifth starter in the majors.

rookiecrd1
01-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah that is a pretty strong rotation indeed. The Yankees now have a very strong rotation as well

Johnson
Brown
Mussina
Wright
and a bunch of others fighting for the last spot.

Brian