PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings:The Battle for Middle Earth Problem

Legolas
12-17-2004, 11:41 PM
I have recently finished downloading the lord of the rings:the battle for middle earth from suprnova.org. It is the dvd version of the game, the 4 gig one. After completing the download, i unrared it and got a bin image and a cue. I placed the cue on a virtual drive using alcohol 120% and installed the game. When I clicked on play afterwards, it said "please put the cd in and press ok" or something like that. I knew I had to go to gamecopyworld to get the nocd thing, so i did. I copied the 10 mb file into the game dir. I then pressed play once more, and the game responded. It gave the intro screen, the screen then went black, and then it minimized itself. Once I maximize it again, the screen goes black, and then automatically becomes the desktop again. Can anyone assist me in fixing this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. You see, it took me a week to download the game and I am really looking forward to it. I don't just wanna delete it.

Thanks

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2004, 11:44 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=87018

read the NFO file included in the download, and check the CRACK folder.

orcutt989
12-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Yes there is a game.cfg file or something like that, on the DVD itself that you need to extract and overwrite a file in the lotr directory, or you could just keep the dvd mounted.

dsa16
12-18-2004, 12:33 AM
I have the same one and had no problems with it. I just unrared it and mounted the image with Daemon tools
installed and put the crack in the game folder

Legolas
12-18-2004, 04:04 PM
to dsa who has the game or whoever else can help me out. How can i burn it to an actual dvd? There was an .mds and .mdf file. maybe someone can point me to some free software or tell me how to do it through nero? any help is greatly appreciated.

Cloud.
12-20-2004, 01:35 AM
to dsa who has the game or whoever else can help me out. How can i burn it to an actual dvd? There was an .mds and .mdf file. maybe someone can point me to some free software or tell me how to do it through nero? any help is greatly appreciated.

you need a program cooled alcohol 120% it is for burning image files such as MDF.

BTW where can I download this game seeing most of the big torrent sites are now shut down!!

silent h3ro
12-20-2004, 01:58 AM
you need a program cooled alcohol 120% it is for burning image files such as MDF.

BTW where can I download this game seeing most of the big torrent sites are now shut down!!Filelist.org, torrentspy.com, and elitetorrents.org are the only decent ones left. :(

Cloud.
12-20-2004, 02:15 AM
well Filelist Is out its past its limit torrent spy its there however though only 1 seed :(

quortoth
02-28-2006, 11:52 AM
you should really join a private, i suggest pisexy, torrentit or bitsoup