PDA

View Full Version : The one second gap ?

the_painter
12-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Hi,
I am after a tried and tested mp3-Audio CD burning app that removes silences between tracks, but not Nero or Roxio or Aucoustica ?

I have tried a few versions of NERO and for some reason everytime I try to burn an Audio CD I get a 20 second silence at the end of the first track ?
I have tried this with a few different sets of tracks?

I dont like Roxio I have tried a few versions of it and often return to burned CD's and find them empty ?

Aucoustica was very unstable and kept locking my system up ?

At the moment I am using DeepBurner, it has DAO but still leaves a 1 second gap although it burns the full tracks and I have never found an empty disc and it has never crashed ?

Thanks if you can help :-)

Ariel_001
12-19-2004, 12:49 AM
I have tried a few versions of NERO and for some reason everytime I try to burn an Audio CD I get a 20 second silence at the end of the first track

I think maybe there is a problem with your cd writter or player if you get that long of silence.

leeferdude
12-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Easy CD-DA Extractor (http://www.poikosoft.com/)

the_painter
12-19-2004, 09:38 AM
So does this CD-DA have a gap removing feature because it doesnt mension it on the web page ?

You think there might be a problem with my burner or player ?
It works OK with DeepBurner but it leaves the gaps in.
I have 3 players and two burners all different makes and it gives the same problems with all ?

lynx
12-19-2004, 02:01 PM
The only way to remove them is by using an audio editor. Merging tracks which should flow from one track to the next is virtually impossible when burning directly onto a cd.

The best solution is to rip one track for the whole album, but if you've downloaded the individual tracks you need to merge them using an audio editor first, making a note as you go along where the tracks begin.

You can then generate a cue sheet for this single track. The cue sheet tells the burning software what the actual source file is, where to place the index marks and any cd-text (for track titles) if necessary.

Nero (and others) can be used to burn the cue sheet.

Edit: you can also download track info for your cue sheet from freedb (http://www.freedb.org/)