PDA

View Full Version : chances of getting caught

Spam-King
12-18-2004, 09:53 PM
I need some quick money fast, and I'm too lazy to work during Christmas.

I know that alot of people sell copied games on Ebay, my question is what are the chance of getting caught if I were to copy a PC game and sell it.
(It would be in the Item description obviously)

ziggyjuarez
12-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Downloading a movie/music cd/tv ep/game is ok if your going to enjoy it but if you try to make a profit off of it,well you should get cought.

orcutt989
12-18-2004, 10:24 PM
You could make up a story that the game is your backup, and that you lost the actual game, and you are giving away the legit serial etc.

Spam-King
12-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Downloading a movie/music cd/tv ep/game is ok if your going to enjoy it but if you try to make a profit off of it,well you should get cought.

I'm getting profit just by downloading it.

IMO they are equally as bad

ziggyjuarez
12-18-2004, 10:53 PM
nope not really.And im talking about profit money wise :ermm:

Peerzy
12-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Yeah, some poor guy manages to get a copy o a release group they spend say 5 hours cracking it, hey then uplosd to ftp wen someone grabs it and uploads i on torrentbits who then seeds to it to everyone. You come along leech the file dont upload at all and then sell it and make profi.

Fuck you, you should get caught. Get a job you lazy cunt. Groups dont go "Ohh fuck im to lazy to crack this, i'll only crack i if everyone who downloads it will pay me"

Skiz
12-18-2004, 11:51 PM
I was banned from eBay for years for selling burned (or is it burnt?) cd's on eBay. I sold literally thousands of cd's on there. No legal action was ever taken though. Again, this was back in the early years of eBay. I wouldn't suggest it.

IF you did do it though :shifty: , you will want to refund the money of ANYONE who has a complaint.

Wolfmight
12-19-2004, 05:18 AM
Yea.... better off stuffin tissues in a very busy phone machine's return slot..stuffed high to were you gatta use a tool to get em out. (one near a subway or whatever).
Come back at the end of the day with a big of tentch and backpack.. Act like your talkin as you let them coins fly into your pack...cheap, and I actually read this in a Anarcists Cookbook.. Silly Sausages...might get busted.

exo_body
12-19-2004, 02:28 PM
i wouldnt advise it, though like Skizo says, they usually tell you off before they take any further action (but this is only from what i have heard). just wondering, anyone know, is it legal to actually sell someone a copied cd or something, if they state to you they have the original?

Skiz
12-19-2004, 07:46 PM
i wouldnt advise it, though like Skizo says, they usually tell you off before they take any further action (but this is only from what i have heard). just wondering, anyone know, is it legal to actually sell someone a copied cd or something, if they state to you they have the original?

Yes. Copies are for personal backups only.

RPerry
12-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Your not going to find many sympathetic to your cause. If I knew where you were at, I would turn you in myself ( making it 100% probability you would be caught) :dry:
Its people like you who cause the rest of us grief, never sell anything you download....... ever :cool:

Spam-King
12-19-2004, 08:31 PM
so its legal? (to sell it to anyone with the "original"

Peerzy
12-19-2004, 09:03 PM
so its legal? (to sell it to anyone with the "original"

Whats your ebay user name and i'll tell you if its legal or not. By he way you said in anohe rhrea dyou just got a credit card yet you said in ehre you dont want to get a christmas job. Well if you have a credit card you should ahve a full ime job anyway :dry: .

WANKER

david622
12-19-2004, 09:37 PM
I've bought several bootlegs on ebay.

Before the Seinfeld seasons came out on DVD, I bought the entire series for like 25 bucks. I also bought the complete Futurama series for like 15 bucks ^_^

As far as I know, the sellers haven't gotten in trouble.

I wanna burn the ones I have and sell the copies, but my mom won't let me. She's afraid I might get busted. Plus, it's her eBay account and credit card ^_^

exo_body
12-19-2004, 09:50 PM
yeah, your right RPerry, lets blame all the Bit Torrent problems on Spam-King, grr....

Spam-King
12-19-2004, 11:26 PM
so its my fault that some people would rather buy a copy than the original.

Also I dont know why you are getting upset, I didnt dload the game I brought it with my own money.

Skiz
12-20-2004, 06:32 AM
so its my fault that some people would rather buy a copy than the original.

Also I dont know why you are getting upset, I didnt dload the game I brought it with my own money.

Spam-King, listen...ITS ILLEGAL. When I was caught, eBay simply banned me for several years. I was lucky. The way things are going today with copyrighted material, you may very well end up with a legal battle on your hands and fighting the 1,000's of dollars in fines or paying the game companies back for every game you sold over eBay. I think what RPerry is trying to say is that it's the greedy few who are trying to make a buck off of file sharing that are going to ruin it for everyone instead of just enjoying a good thing. It's those people who put the big spotlight on filesharing. Ever heard the saying, "don't push your luck"? It applies here.

You say you have a credit card, use it, and get a job. Don't want to do that? Can't afford it? Well I would hope your family can understand that it's just Christmas, a season of GIVING, and sometimes we are a little short during the holidays.

Good Luck :)

Keikan
12-20-2004, 10:47 AM
get a job lazy bum

Voetsek
12-20-2004, 11:03 AM
People keep on at me to sell the stuff I download I always say NO .yes I need the money I loan my stuff out and ask for nothing a thank you is all

That's how things should be if you wish to make money open a shop.........