PDA

View Full Version : Whats Better Halo 2 or Half-Life 2

DKRiceEater
12-19-2004, 05:23 AM
Hey, i just wanna know if you guys think Halo 2's better or Half-Life 2? Which one do you think has better graphics and game play?

cpt_azad
12-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Graphics: Both
Gameplay: Counter Strike Source, but since that's not one of the choices, then HL2.

cpt_azad
12-19-2004, 06:00 AM
multiplayer hands down is Halo2 (again, CS source isn't an option, god it's so addicting)

numba1xclusive
12-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Half Life 2, Halo 2 seemed a bit....short and kinda copyed from Halo 1...., sure it had the new weapons and the multiplayer, but it was essentially the same thing..Half Life 2 on the other hand had a whole new gameplay, outside of Black Mesa,a new Physics engine...so much interactivity, and an overall great gameplay

Peerzy
12-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Graphics: Both
Gameplay: Counter Strike Source, but since that's not one of the choices, then HL2.

Fuck off. Many people agree Halo 2 looks like Halo 1 with a few touch ups, but Half Life 2 is the newest graphics engine and you need a state of the art pc to truly see is amazing power.

SingaBoiy
12-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Based on the 2 systems I got:

Graphics: H2

Im not gonna update my system every 6 months just to keep up.

numba1xclusive
12-19-2004, 03:58 PM
THe best part about HL2 is the fact that the Source Engine is so light on your PC. They say it can run (kinda) on a 700 mhz PC. Halo 2 will prolly need like....2 ghz just to run kinda good. Halo 1 needed 1 ghz.

Pitbul
12-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Half Life 2 easy, better gameplay, better weapons, better character, better story, better graphics (anyone with a 2GHz CPU and 9600XT can tell you that).

Halo 2 is an overated piece of dressed up fieces, thats more likely to be called an Expansion. the levels were still repetitive, the ending was ghey(the half life 2 ending wasn't great either but was overall the more fullfilling cliffhanger) the normal maps are nasty and muddy along with the already muddy textures. Half life 2 comes with 2 MP's, CS: S which kicks ass and HL2DM with manipulators, i have yet to find the satisfaction of owning someone with a Tiolet in Halo 2.

Plus the countless HL2 Mods that will be out.

orcutt989
12-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Fuck off. Many people agree Halo 2 looks like Halo 1 with a few touch ups, but Half Life 2 is the newest graphics engine and you need a state of the art pc to truly see is amazing power.

Haha wow, peerzgirl. It is just a game, nobody was trying to offend you.

silent h3ro
12-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Haha wow, peerzgirl. It is just a game, nobody was trying to offend you. :lol: Yea u seem to get offended easily. :rolleyes:

cpt_azad
12-19-2004, 11:44 PM

So you're attacking my credibility? Maybe the fact that I have an Alienware @ 3.4 ghz with 2 gb of RAM and 6800 GT card is something I should mention, and we all know how easily HL2 can run, it's not a resource hog like Doom3. Halo2's graphics were one of the best this year, comparable to HL2's. So you good sir, or should I say maam as stated 2 times above me, should go fuck yourself. Own3d. :)

silent h3ro
12-20-2004, 12:11 AM
So you're attacking my credibility? Maybe the fact that I have an Alienware @ 3.4 ghz with 2 gb of RAM and 6800 GT card is something I should mention, and we all know how easily HL2 can run, it's not a resource hog like Doom3. Halo2's graphics were one of the best this year, comparable to HL2's. So you good sir, or should I say maam as stated 2 times above me, should go fuck yourself. Own3d. :) Yep sheer pwnage right there. :01: Btw, nice PC. :ohmy:

Peerzy
12-20-2004, 12:25 AM
So you're attacking my credibility? Maybe the fact that I have an Alienware @ 3.4 ghz with 2 gb of RAM and 6800 GT card is something I should mention, and we all know how easily HL2 can run, it's not a resource hog like Doom3. Halo2's graphics were one of the best this year, comparable to HL2's. So you good sir, or should I say maam as stated 2 times above me, should go fuck yourself. Own3d. :)

Not really,

Halo 2 is amazingly bad in the graphics and how anyone can say its better than Half Life 2 is amazing. Yes my post came across to stong and i proberly should ahve re-worded it.

Half Life 2's graphics are easly better than Doom 3's and Halo 2. Infact Halo 2 looks nothing more than Halo 1, except this time he has a shinny helmet.

Gamestop says:

Half Life 2:
Graphics - 10

Halo 2
Graphics - 9

Infact both Doom 3 and Far Cry also score 10 while Halo 2 is left in the dus with its rather boot shiny helmet and the number 9. No doubt Halo 2's graphics were good and did the job.

The graphics engine on Half Life 2 is also far better, i don't see any rag doll effects in Halo 2, whaat i do see is the same death animtion 100 times.

numba1xclusive
12-20-2004, 12:34 AM
Not really,

Halo 2 is amazingly bad in the graphics and how anyone can say its better than Half Life 2 is amazing. Yes my post came across to stong and i proberly should ahve re-worded it.

Half Life 2's graphics are easly better than Doom 3's and Halo 2. Infact Halo 2 looks nothing more than Halo 1, except this time he has a shinny helmet.

Infact both Doom 3 and Far Cry also score 10 while Halo 2 is left in the dus with its rather boot shiny helmet and the number 9. No doubt Halo 2's graphics were good and did the job.

The graphics engine on Half Life 2 is also far better, i don't see any rag doll effects in Halo 2, whaat i do see is the same death animtion 100 times.

Agreed. HAlf Life 2 just has a beautiful physics engine. And lets admit it, in Halo, you just dont have that thrill of pickin up explosive cans and chucking them at enemies.. :whistling

Peerzy
12-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Agreed. HAlf Life 2 just has a beautiful physics engine. And lets admit it, in Halo, you just dont have that thrill of pickin up explosive cans and chucking them at enemies.. :whistling

no, in Halo 2 you get to drive the same stupid car around using the same physics model from the first Game. Woopty-fucking-do :dry:

SingaBoiy
12-20-2004, 01:35 AM
http://urlcut.com/h2_funny_compilation_1

need I say more?

Cloud.
12-20-2004, 02:31 AM
half life 2 shits all over halo

orcutt989
12-20-2004, 02:59 AM
half life 2 shits all over halo

Haha great post. One of my favorites.

SingaBoiy
12-20-2004, 03:04 AM
http://archive.gamespy.com/grudge/2003.09/gordon-masterchief.jpg

Weeee...

cpt_azad
12-20-2004, 03:22 AM
lol

okay, halo2's graphics sux, and ppl still dont understand that halo2 was never supposed to have a "good" physics engine. Half Life 2 has raised the bar for gaming, even I wont argue there. My point (which half of you probably missed) is that Halo2's graphics are hella good, but pretty bad WHEN COMPARED to HL2.

Cloud.
12-20-2004, 03:31 AM
lol

okay, halo2's graphics sux, and ppl still dont understand that halo2 was never supposed to have a "good" physics engine. Half Life 2 has raised the bar for gaming, even I wont argue there. My point (which half of you probably missed) is that Halo2's graphics are hella good, but pretty bad WHEN COMPARED to HL2.

yep thats pretty much right

no XBOX game can live up too the PC looks and speed not only that Halo ius extremely over rated!! that are 100s of games which don't get the hype like halo did that are much better game.

Halo is a crap game at all just to some extent that allot of games are under rated compared to halo.

finished a game in a 9 hr sitting too???

San Andreas possibly 100 hrs of gameplay

thats just wrong its they knew when they were going to release the game that all the suckers would buy it

SingaBoiy
12-20-2004, 03:44 AM
Yea, guess it is easy to compare a game that has come out for a $150 system to a game you have to spend 10x as much on just for the system to play it to its full potential.

I think id rather go with Halo 2.

And whats this about 100's of games better then H2? Thats just crazy talk. Im guessing none of you have played Halo 2 online with 10+ players....

cpt_azad
12-20-2004, 03:51 AM
Oh and btw, Halo2 ass rapes HL2 when it comes to multiplayer, there's nothing like playing 8 v 8 on xbox link (or live) for hours on end on coagulation :D (ok ok, CS source is addicting too, but if i had a choice, i'd take H2's multiplayer just cuz it's that much fun).

SingaBoiy
12-20-2004, 03:54 AM
Oh and btw, Halo2 ass rapes HL2 when it comes to multiplayer, there's nothing like playing 8 v 8 on xbox link (or live) for hours on end on coagulation :D (ok ok, CS source is addicting too, but if i had a choice, i'd take H2's multiplayer just cuz it's that much fun).
So overall, which would you say is better? :)

silent h3ro
12-20-2004, 04:24 AM
Yea, guess it is easy to compare a game that has come out for a $150 system to a game you have to spend 10x as much on just for the system to play it to its full potential.

I think id rather go with Halo 2.

And whats this about 100's of games better then H2? Thats just crazy talk. Im guessing none of you have played Halo 2 online with 10+ players.... Yea I remember when I played Halo 2 on Xlink Kai with a few FST members when it first came out. THat was some great fun. :) Too bad u guys don't play HL2 anymore. :dry: O well, I still have CS: Source. :music:

cpt_azad
12-20-2004, 08:40 AM
So overall, which would you say is better? :)

That's the thing, I can't. Halo2 multiplayer is a dead-on tie with CS source, they're both very addicting (not necesserily a good thing either, god i skipped like 3 days of school for both exceptions lmfao). I'm gonna lean slightly towards CS source, ever so "slightly", but dont tell singa :ph34r:

SingaBoiy
12-20-2004, 08:47 AM
That's the thing, I can't. Halo2 multiplayer is a dead-on tie with CS source, they're both very addicting (not necesserily a good thing either, god i skipped like 3 days of school for both exceptions lmfao). I'm gonna lean slightly towards CS source, ever so "slightly", but dont tell singa :ph34r:
lol, you just told me. But im talking about out of HL2 and H2.