PDA

View Full Version : Someone Just Gave Me Hell For K-lite

ksmurf
03-31-2003, 02:23 AM
Someone named "MACH" just gave me hell because my participation rating is at 1000. i thought this was just part of the k-lite program. if he is so concerned about the ethics of downloading why does he own a computer w/ connection. i verifiy and post (on another account) all fakes and all good. has anyone else had problems with this guy? Pls Respond.

The Great Dude
03-31-2003, 02:26 AM
User Names in KL are not unique, so might be a bunch of people with the name MACH. Your PL is 1000 because you have the cheat on. To disable it, go to options, more options, k++ options, and uncheck the cheat.

clocker
03-31-2003, 02:31 AM
Why should he care what your PL is? How does he know you're on K-Lite? I thought we just showed up on Kazaa as Supreme Beings. I actually was a SB whan I was on kazaa and I'll bet he's just pissed off cause it's such a pain in the ass to keep that rating up. What a relief to be on K-Lite and not have to worry.

merlin-1
03-31-2003, 02:33 AM
I would'nt worry about it he's probably jealous.

ksmurf
03-31-2003, 02:41 AM
thanks people. i won't lose any sleep over it. k-lite has made life so much easier. now if we can get rid of the fakes it will even be better

Hawaiian21
04-07-2003, 04:33 PM
he's just bitter cuz your version doesn't give pop-ups and all that other junk that he gets :D .....Sucks for him not to be informed of his options and if he is so hell bent on giving you sh*t about downloading songs why doesn't he sign off kazaa, that's like the pot calling the kettle black ??? What a moron !!! :ph34r:

Tempest
04-08-2003, 11:53 PM
When using K-Lite++ youre status shows up as K-Lite Master, I think.

MagicNakor
04-09-2003, 01:26 AM
Edit: Nevermind. Misread. ;)

:ninja:

Switeck
04-09-2003, 05:01 AM
The makers of Kazaa have been cheating the whole rest of the fasttrack network by making the participation levels thing in the first place! It even cheats out older Kazaa version users. Mighty convenient that downloads tend to be sent TO Kazaa users but seldom does the reverse occur to Grokster, Imesh, and older Kazaa users...

But it does bother me when I see a KL++ user who isn't sharing anything with a PL=1,000... :angry:

clocker
04-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Ah, but how can you tell that they're not sharing?

I'm currently sharing 30+GB but have applied the "privacy patch"(right next to the "nicotine patch") and as far as I know you can't tell if I share or not...
I hated to do it as I always enjoyed browsing other folks' Shared Folders, but these are perilous times in which to engage in risky behaviour, no?

TIDE-HSV
04-09-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm currently sharing around 45 gigs, but I also have the privacy patch in place. It seems to be the only smart thing to do these days, especially for us Comcast customers. I also lament the loss of the old freedom to browse and be browsed.

N£MO
04-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ksmurf@31 March 2003 - 03:23
Someone named "MACH" just gave me hell because my participation rating is at 1000. i thought this was just part of the k-lite program. if he is so concerned about the ethics of downloading why does he own a computer w/ connection. i verifiy and post (on another account) all fakes and all good. has anyone else had problems with this guy? Pls Respond.
I havnt had any problems like this but if someone did msg me with attitude i'd just tell them to piss off and then put them on ignore. :)

pureoriginal
04-10-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by clocker@9 April 2003 - 12:02
Ah, but how can you tell that they're not sharing?

I'm currently sharing 30+GB but have applied the "privacy patch"(right next to the "nicotine patch") and as far as I know you can't tell if I share or not...
I hated to do it as I always enjoyed browsing other folks' Shared Folders, but these are perilous times in which to engage in risky behaviour, no?

why so risky ? is there any security issues i should be aware of ? :(

MagicNakor
04-10-2003, 11:34 PM
The privacy patch (as well as PeerGuardian) is just a precaution to take against MediaForce and their ilk. Once they start a download from you, they'll hit "Find more from same user" in order to send your ISP nasty email about your pirating ways. The patch just makes it so "Find more from same user" comes up with no results.

pureoriginal
04-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@10 April 2003 - 23:34
The privacy patch (as well as PeerGuardian) is just a precaution to take against MediaForce and their ilk. Once they start a download from you, they'll hit "Find more from same user" in order to send your ISP nasty email about your pirating ways. The patch just makes it so "Find more from same user" comes up with no results.

call me stupid if you like but, who allows 'or' how do 'these people' to gain access to that information [who my 'ISP' is]
its not like my ISP is going to do anything about it [are they ?]
to take action they would surely have to cut off 90 percent of there customers
because of the amount of them using file sharing programs
Still i agree it is a blatent breach of privacy
;)

TIDE-HSV
04-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Pure, you might use the "search" feature, All Open Forums, using "Comcast" as the term. Look at the threads entitled "Looks Like Comcast Is Cracking Down" and "Internet Provider Says Stop Uploading." There have been more mentions, but those two threads will give you an overview, pros and cons, of the problem. I suggest the early and heavy use of "search" for all newcomers - it keeps one from asking dumb questions or questions that have already been asked dozens of times. I use it a lot.

pureoriginal
04-11-2003, 02:13 PM
sorry thanks for the info

ShareDaddy
04-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Privacy Patch users are almost as bad as non-sharers in my book. If you are uploading from me I have every right (or should have) to see what you are sharing and get something from you. Privacy Patch or not, if I cannot list your files I will send you a PM asking you to share or show your files, if you do not I will boot you.

I understand everyone's issues with the bad guys and there unending need to stop us, however you also have to understand mine. I have a lot of rare material that is normally highly sought after by many members of this forum as well as others on the KZ network. And in order for me to try and get the files out and about the people uploading from me and filling my slots have to be sharing or I will never be able to rotate my files.

You have to understand that I cannot just continue to add hard drives, I will eventually have to unshare some files and want the people uploading from me to share them so that I may in fact delete them at some point. If I cannot list your files then I must assume that you are not sharing any and will not then share mine once you have uploaded it all, so in keeping with my overall sharing goals and objectives I must then block your IP and let someone in who I think will continue to share my files.

Hopefully you all understand this, I do not think I am being over critical here, I simply must share these files with people who will in turn share them or some of you may never have to chance to get them.

To sum it all up I do not use the privacy patch nor will I because I beleive we have every right to share and to be able to view what others are sharing.

MagicNakor
04-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@11 April 2003 - 16:01
...I have a lot of rare material that is normally highly sought after by many members of this forum as well as others on the KZ network. And in order for me to try and get the files out and about the people uploading from me and filling my slots have to be sharing or I will never be able to rotate my files...

As do I, ShareDaddy. Not films, but books. If people aren't uploading Captain Tylor from me, it's one of my many books. However, they've been able to find that type of thing just fine, privacy patch included. Sometimes I'm not certain how they find it, as 80% of what I do have is pretty rare on the Fasttrack network, but that's another story. ;) As I'd rather not lose my broadband, which only has one company running through my neck of the woods, I'll keep using the privacy patch. If Kazaa's running, I'm always behind the keyboard, so catching me isn't terribly difficult. Although I've yet to have someone send me a message about leeching.

TIDE-HSV
04-12-2003, 10:31 PM
SD, I respect and understand your attitude. I used to think that being able to browse the other guy's SF was an integral part of the sharing experience. However, I don't want to lose my broadband. Comcast is actively seeking sharers in my area and some friends have gotten warning letters. Surely you don't expect us to lose our ISP just so everyone (including RIAA/Comcast) can browse our SF? That seems irrational.

iMartin
04-12-2003, 10:49 PM
Why and how do you guys share so much??

J'Pol
04-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by [-Crono-]@12 April 2003 - 23:49
Why and how do you guys share so much??
Sorry - don't understand either part of that question. Please expand.

Acecool
04-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Privacy Patch users are almost as bad as non-sharers in my book. If you are uploading from me I have every right (or should have) to see what you are sharing and get something from you. Privacy Patch or not, if I cannot list your files I will send you a PM asking you to share or show your files, if you do not I will boot you.

I understand everyone's issues with the bad guys and there unending need to stop us, however you also have to understand mine. I have a lot of rare material that is normally highly sought after by many members of this forum as well as others on the KZ network. And in order for me to try and get the files out and about the people uploading from me and filling my slots have to be sharing or I will never be able to rotate my files.

You have to understand that I cannot just continue to add hard drives, I will eventually have to unshare some files and want the people uploading from me to share them so that I may in fact delete them at some point. If I cannot list your files then I must assume that you are not sharing any and will not then share mine once you have uploaded it all, so in keeping with my overall sharing goals and objectives I must then block your IP and let someone in who I think will continue to share my files.

Hopefully you all understand this, I do not think I am being over critical here, I simply must share these files with people who will in turn share them or some of you may never have to chance to get them.

To sum it all up I do not use the privacy patch nor will I because I beleive we have every right to share and to be able to view what others are sharing.
Couldnt have said it better.

If I cant see files, if it returns no results I assume no files are being shared at all, click goodbye and I send them a "polite (not) " message

TIDE-HSV
04-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Well then, mush on, "Ace," and, as Comcast knocks the rest of us off, one by one, you'll find fewer and fewer people to listen to your opinion. As the old saying goes "It's easy for you to say." I have the feeling that I'm talking to a bunch of people who don't have the same ISP and who don't have - or don't want to have - any understanding of what the real problem is. Cut me off! Cut all us Comcast people off and see how many people you have left who can share. Oh, crap! I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall with an IQ of about 35.

clocker
04-13-2003, 01:11 AM

ShareDaddy, you have a valuable resource (judging from your response in a MovieWorld thread ) and are to be congratulated for your efforts in amassing, organizing and propagating it. I agree with your sentiment regarding the right to share and view what others are sharing.

Along with all the equipment and resources that you have obviously devoted to this hobby(?) you apparently also possess the means to defend yourself against legal action by your ISP and industry forces (i.e. RIAA/MPAA, etc.)

Sadly, I do not.

Being a little fish in a very big ocean means that I must use any and all means to protect myself and one effective ( and FREE!) method is the privacy patch. I hated to apply it and dislike not being able to browse other Shared Folders, but I simply cannot afford to risk loss of service or worse.

How big of a paradigm shift would it be to assume that a "no results found" message indicated that the user was simply trying to protect him/herself from antigonistic spying as opposed to immediately jumping to the conclusion that they are a cul-de-sac for your valuable files?

I share what I have and I'm happy to do it. I promise that should I ever dl a file from you that I'll pass it on to whomever desires it.

I hated having to start using condoms too, but times change and risky behavior leads to greater consequences than it used to.
Let's all hope that things get better, but until they do won't you guys reconsider and perhaps try assuming the BEST about your peers instead of the WORST?

Acecool
04-13-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@13 April 2003 - 01:32
Well then, mush on, "Ace," and, as Comcast knocks the rest of us off, one by one, you'll find fewer and fewer people to listen to your opinion. As the old saying goes "It's easy for you to say." I have the feeling that I'm talking to a bunch of people who don't have the same ISP and who don't have - or don't want to have - any understanding of what the real problem is. Cut me off! Cut all us Comcast people off and see how many people you have left who can share. Oh, crap! I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall with an IQ of about 35.
IQ has nothing to do with anything (almost)

IQ = How fast you can learn something, somone with iq od 100 could be smarter than albert einstein BUT have to work that much harder for it, person with 200 iq could be one lazy fat fuck and not do anything, and not even know simple times tables

clocker
04-13-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Acecool@13 April 2003 - 02:17

IQ = How fast you can learn something, somone with iq od 100 could be smarter than albert einstein BUT have to work that much harder for it, person with 200 iq could be one lazy fat fuck and not do anything, and not even know simple times tables
And this would be apropos of what?

j2k4
04-13-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by clocker+12 April 2003 - 20:49--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 April 2003 - 20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Acecool@13 April 2003 - 02:17

And this would be apropos of what? [/b][/quote]
apropos of &#39;sometimes shooting the fish in the barrel is still a waste of ammo&#39; :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like picking on the French?

clocker
04-13-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@13 April 2003 - 03:12

apropos of &#39;sometimes shooting the fish in the barrel is still a waste of ammo&#39; :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like picking on the French?
Fortunately, thanks to the efforts of the NRA, ammo is DIRT cheap here in the Wild West.

( I now hate the French also...they spell funny.)

TIDE-HSV
04-13-2003, 02:29 AM
Well obviously I wish I&#39;d never mentioned IQ. Learned more than I wanted. :lol: Suffice it to say that Clocker (and all the others of us walking a balance-beam with our ISPs) understands the problem. The rest of you don&#39;t. End of story.

clocker
04-13-2003, 02:34 AM
Amen.

TrIpMiX
04-13-2003, 03:27 AM
When I notised that some users was supreme being all the time, that was when I tracked down K-Lite, very happy I did :D

kylman5000
04-13-2003, 05:17 AM
My name in kazaa is MACH

RealitY
04-13-2003, 07:48 AM
My thoughts on this have developed quickly, seems simple. I am not interested in ISP&#39;s knocking on anyones door or shutting anyone down. The more here, the more available and obviously the quicker the load. Fast food and microwaves are a sign of the time and I enjoy seeing a dl at 200kb/s. Anything that puts that to risk, I want stopped, even if I cannot see your files nor you see mine. I did not like it either but it is clearly better than the alternative. I would please ask SD to offer an alternative given his strong opinons.

I started my research after I read about the verizon issue. I have also stopped using some other p2p software due to the fact that they do not support (or I do not know how) the privacy issue. I have even changed my user name to a common one.

When this first came up, it brought up all the "feelings" about "LEECHES", well they will always exist. Some that I have talked to using p2p only pop in to get a file here and there and then they go. They could be considered "LEECHES" as well, and you could give them the boot as well and rag them in a message, possibly making their experience aggrivating enough so they stop using p2p and maybe never grow into a user with an external 100g hd thats on 24/7 as many of us are. It must be clear to truly give is not to expect anything in return, though we all take from here or we would not be here. :unsure:

It seems many of you are sharing large amounts and understand the importnace of contribution such as yourself, SD. It is clear from what I have read in this thread that we are now fightning amongst ourselves&#33; It is clear I hope that the reg change does not lessen the shared files and only gives us privacy. Simply, don&#39;t let your "feelings" get in the way of COMMON SENSE. :rolleyes:

kylman5000
04-13-2003, 08:40 AM
There are some people who should not share, and can just leach.

First, i would like to say, if you are against leaching, then you are agaist filesharing. They are the same. When whoever and whoever just set up their network, they only passed one file to the other guy. Now, just because someone leaches on kazaa, doesnt mean he will leach elsewhere, and isnt that what we are all trying to do. Spread the files.

Secondly, the reason someone can leach is if they have crappy upload bandwidth. I hate to see me sitting there with a 2mb/s line traviling under 1 kb/s&#33;&#33;&#33; they are a waste of bandwidth...

Lastly, you write to profesional. Its hard to tell if you are serious or just a big loser.

RealitY
04-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by kylman5000@13 April 2003 - 09:40
Lastly, you write to profesional. Its hard to tell if you are serious or just a big loser.
I agree completely with 1 (thought that was clear when I quoted "to truly give is to expect nothing in return") I agree with 2 as well (I had considered mentioning this, as I was also a 56ker at one time not having the ability to upload much, and all those "share" threats became very irritating), but is the 3rd (lastly) an attack on me of some sort.

Should I figure that this is some sort of college type initiation&#33; I hope you don&#39;t expect to me to eat cold spaghetti with mustard while drinking beer and then see how long I can wait prior to going to the bathrOOm, so that you can analyze if I am "serious" or a "big loser". WTF if so. <_<

Let me clear the air here, and simply add, are we not on the same side? You all need to STFU, stop ragging, we are one and it is clear who "they" are that oppose us. :angry:

J'Pol
04-13-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by REALITY+13 April 2003 - 10:02--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 13 April 2003 - 10:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kylman5000@13 April 2003 - 09:40
I agree completely with 1 (thought that was clear when I quoted "to truly give is to expect nothing in return") I agree with 2 as well (I had considered mentioning this, as I was also a 56ker at one time not having the ability to upload much, and all those "share" threats became very irritating), but is the 3rd (lastly) an attack on me of some sort.

Should I figure that this is some sort of college type initiation&#33; I hope you don&#39;t expect to me to eat cold spaghetti with mustard while drinking beer and then see how long I can wait prior to going to the bathrOOm, so that you can analyze if I am "serious" or a "big loser". WTF if so. <_<

Let me clear the air here, and simply add, are we not on the same side? You all need to STFU, stop ragging, we are one and it is clear who "they" are that oppose us. :angry: [/b][/quote]
Don&#39;t take such comments to heart. Remember it is not considered a good thing to go to the bother of constructing sentences, in such a way that people can actually understand what you are saying.

It seems more appropriate to just type a collection of loosely associated words, in the hope that some semblance of meaning can be read into them. That unfortunately for some people seems to be an integral part of this type of forum.

Please also bear in mind that there is a very wide demographic here. A wide range of ages, nationalities, socio-economic groupings and cultures. So it&#39;s very much one man&#39;s meat another man&#39;s poison.

For me it&#39;s actually nice to be able to read something once and understand what was meant. However I am just strange that way.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. Oh and there&#39;s no cold pasta involved. Just thick skin.

MagicNakor
04-13-2003, 10:43 AM
wat r u talkin bout i rite good 2 dis forum

:lol:

RealitY
04-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Thanks, I will enjoy my stay. Though I was not truly offended, I just believe in the power of vocalizing. I was just surprised at the empty criticism and enjoy calling out a challenge. Of course the better wrote the better understood. Keep in mind a few of my topics posted here started...

"I posted the following in another forum seemingly full of many retards and a few trying to guide them all. I will leave the name of the forum anonymous. Needless to say along with any other post of content it received no response. Unfortunately the posts that got responses was "anyone got Hulk or Matrix Reload" and "why do I get files I can&#39;t play" (fakes etc...). I grew very sarcastic in my posts and replies and realize I should not visit this site any longer as the only replies I got were ones offended by me, with lOOts of bad speelling and grammar."

Followed by...

"I have noticed the quality of people here seems a little more level and educated, so I was wondering what kind of response I get, anyway..."

Needless to say, I like it here. :)

Rocktron
04-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Why don&#39;t you do all of us a great favour and login to another forum where they really understand you JmiF&#33; Click here (http://pub26.ezboard.com/bthelyceum) &#33;

According to you we are all to dumb... maybe we are? But atleast we appreciate people just as they are..
You just don&#39;t help anyone in the Klite forum&#33; I have never seen you reply 1 answer clearly&#33;
Take your educated gibber somewhere else....

Good luck&#33;

ps

and to REALITY.., you found your match in JmiF&#33; Take him with you&#33;

RealitY
04-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@13 April 2003 - 11:43
wat r u talkin bout i rite good 2 dis forum

:lol:

Dis at wat x"act"ly I tOOking &#39;bout, sliiprey.

RealitY
04-13-2003, 11:04 AM
OK

RealitY
04-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron@13 April 2003 - 11:57
Why don&#39;t you do all of us a great favour and login to another forum where they really understand you JmiF&#33;

According to you we are all to dumb... maybe we are? But atleast we appreciate people just as they are..
You just don&#39;t help anyone in the Klite forum&#33; I have never seen you reply 1 answer clearly&#33;

Is this again to offend me with retarded "gibberish".

1. I do not personally figure anyone is dumb, though you seem to be on a mission to prove yourself.

2. I appreciate people as they are, even if they are offended by an intelligent comment or two.

3. Can we retain comments to the content of my statement, not how it was made&#33;

Rocktron
04-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@13 April 2003 - 12:18

1. I do not personally figure anyone is dumb, though you seem to be on a mission to prove yourself.

2. I appreciate people as they are, even if they are offended by an intelligent comment or two.

3. Can we retain comments to the content of my statement, not how it was made&#33;
:D funny stuff.. i&#39;m not trying to prove anything.. just use the search on this forum and type "JmiF"

Watch the results&#33;

You are just the perfect match for JmiF. (so it resembles)
Anyone from another country, who are doing their best to help people in the best English they can, are being yelled at.
Don&#39;t lower yourself to his standard. I don&#39;t even know you, you are a Newcomer. But the things you say seem equal.

I&#39;m Just fed up with this kind of people.. sorry&#33;

RealitY
04-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron+13 April 2003 - 12:32--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 13 April 2003 - 12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--REALITY@13 April 2003 - 12:18

1. I do not personally figure anyone is dumb, though you seem to be on a&nbsp; mission to prove yourself.

:D funny stuff.. i&#39;m not trying to prove anything.. just use the search on this forum and type "JmiF"

Watch the results&#33;

You are just the perfect match for JmiF. (so it resembles)
Anyone from another country, who are doing their best to help people in the best English they can, are being yelled at.
Don&#39;t lower yourself to his standard. I don&#39;t even know you, you are a Newcomer. But the things you say seem equal.

I&#39;m Just fed up with this kind of people.. sorry&#33; [/b][/quote]
No problem, it may have seemed overboard (regarding JimF).

I don&#39;t think anyone should be here to correct anyone&#39;s grammar,
and if I attracted an alliance of that sort well FH, and gOOd riddance.

clocker
04-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron@13 April 2003 - 11:57
Why don&#39;t you do all of us a great favour and login to another forum where they really understand you JmiF&#33; Click here (http://pub26.ezboard.com/bthelyceum) &#33;

Good luck&#33;

ps

No, JmiF, please don&#39;t go anywhere.

The first requirement when searching for a solution is the precise definition of the problem. Many questions in the forum are so vaguely posed that it is difficult to ascertain what the poster wants to know. I realize (as does JmiF, I suspect) that English is a second language for many ( and kudos to them for having a grasp of a second language...I know I&#39;d be in big trouble if I had to post in say, Dutch&#33;) and I think that it&#39;s useful to restate a post or ask for clarification if it will help produce a solution.
This is serving a purpose as important as the person who posts the answer.
Many of us lack the technical expertise (myself included, I cannot speak for JmiF) to answer the question, but we are capable of focusing the question for those of you who do possess the knowledge.
If this can be done with a modicum of humor so much the better.
So please, JmiF stay.
(not that I really thought that Rocktron could drive you away anyway...)

J'Pol
04-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Rock old man, what seems to be the problem. Have I ever said you were dumb. I don&#39;t recall ever having done so. However some of the "help" you offer people is at best nonsense and at worst dangerous. We have discussed this in the past and don&#39;t see eye to eye.

In addition to the direct help I have given people and have the e-mails and pm&#39;s from them thanking me, I have also posted a great number of sigs for music, games, books and software. Again feel free to have a look at the positive responses in these threads.

I have also provided a lot of people with some laughs. We don&#39;t share the same sense of humour, that&#39;s just life, but I can assure you I have had a lot of people contact me who do enjoy mine.

I am currently sharing in excess of 6,000 mp3 files totalling over 30 Gb. My hdd is available to members of this forum for direct download around 16 hours per day 7 days a week. Please fell free to come over to the soulseek site and check this for yourself, I would love to see you there.

Please also see earlier in this thread where I point out to another chap that we should be understanding of the wide range of people here.

In short (and in closing) I have no intention on going anywhere. I am happy to remain here and look forward to our continuing discussions, they certainly brighten up my day.

I have the honour sir of remaining, as ever, your humble and obedient servant.

Oh and Reality, thanks for that. I really appreciate the sentiment.

TrIpMiX
04-13-2003, 09:13 PM
Man, are you for reel, your rigth, you are funny. :lol:

J'Pol
04-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by TrIpMiX@13 April 2003 - 22:13
Every last word is genuinely and sincerely meant.

Nice to meet a new chap, how are you, enjoying the forum.

ShareActor
04-13-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+13 April 2003 - 21:20--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 13 April 2003 - 21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TrIpMiX@13 April 2003 - 22:13

Nice to meet a new chap, how are you, enjoying the forum. [/b][/quote]
Maybe it&#39;s just me? But i don&#39;t understand the humour of it.
Funny should be spontaneous&#33; Not something to think about first. And even than it&#39;s not funny at all.
Did a search for more of your funny threads but haven&#39;t found them yet.

Still looking through some as we speak... If i found them i will get back to you on that&#33;

J'Pol
04-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by ShareActor+13 April 2003 - 22:28--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShareActor @ 13 April 2003 - 22:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -JmiF@13 April 2003 - 21:20
<!--QuoteBegin--TrIpMiX@13 April 2003 - 22:13

Nice to meet a new chap, how are you, enjoying the forum.
Maybe it&#39;s just me? But i don&#39;t understand the humour of it.
Funny should be spontaneous&#33; Not something to think about first. And even than it&#39;s not funny at all.
Did a search for more of your funny threads but haven&#39;t found them yet.

Still looking through some as we speak... If i found them i will get back to you at that&#33; [/b][/quote]
Sorry

Didn&#39;t realise that you had been appointed as the person who defined what was funny. I probably should have ran it past you first.

So it should be spontaneous, I must let the humourous authors know. No doubt they have been wasting their time proof reading and re-drafting. When all of the time they should just have published the first thing they typed.

Still perhaps Woody Allen, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchet or a myriad of others didnn&#39;t have the advantage of your advice.

ShareActor
04-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by JmiF@13 April 2003 - 21:36
Sorry

Didn&#39;t realise that you had been appointed as the person who defined what was funny. I probably should have ran it past you first.

So it should be spontaneous, I must let the humourous authors know. No doubt they have been wasting their time proof reading and re-drafting. When all of the time they should just have published the first thing they typed.

Still perhaps Woody Allen, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchet or a myriad of others didnn&#39;t have the advantage of your advice.
You have wasted your time proof reading and re-drafting on this one i think.

Back to the drawing board&#33; ;) (metaphorically speaking)

J'Pol
04-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ShareActor+13 April 2003 - 22:40--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShareActor @ 13 April 2003 - 22:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@13 April 2003 - 21:36
Sorry

You have wasted your time proof reading and re-drafting on this one i think.

Back to the drawing board&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]
Actually I took your advice and was spontaneous. This was posted as typed.

Though as it wasn&#39;t intended to be humourous I had the option. Unless you are in charge of prose as well.

ShareActor
04-13-2003, 09:52 PM
I am not in charge of anything. Don&#39;t want to be in charge of anything&#33;
Damn, you must love these reply&#39;s&#33;
You are prose&#33; You have a distinct nonpoetic style of writing, dull even and still not funny&#33;

I give up&#33;

Have a good one&#33;

J'Pol
04-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by ShareActor@13 April 2003 - 22:52
I am not in charge of anything. Don&#39;t want to be in charge of anything&#33;
Damn, you must love these reply&#39;s&#33;
You are prose&#33; You have a distinct nonpoetic style of writing, dull even and still not funny&#33;

I give up&#33;

Have a good one&#33;
...., dull even and still not funny.

That explains it. You think things should be dull to be funny. If I am prose (which I readily accept) then given your last statement you are an oxymoron.

RealitY
04-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by JmiF@13 April 2003 - 18:42
Sentiment, well I&#39;m not sure what side this lays on.
Although it seems clear to me at this point who the OLD LADY is&#33;
Seems you two have more history than I care to know and should leave each other alone.
To Rock, don&#39;t take offense so easily, I&#39;m not sure your complaints are justified.
I truly do not believe JimF is here to rag unless you wish to battle.
I would do the same and did so earlier regarding KyleMan5000, who has yet rebut.

J'Pol
04-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+13 April 2003 - 23:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 13 April 2003 - 23:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@13 April 2003 - 18:42
Sentiment, well I&#39;m not sure what side this lays on.
Although it seems clear to me at this point who the OLD LADY is&#33;
Seems you two have more history than I care to know and should leave each other alone.
To Rock, don&#39;t take offense so easily, I&#39;m not sure your complaints are justified.
I truly do not believe JimF is here to rag unless you wish to battle.
I would do the same and did so earlier regarding KyleMan5000, who has yet rebut. [/b][/quote]
Right now:

More than half of the planet is starving.

People are being tortured and they don&#39;t know why.

Their families are at home, knowing what is happening to them, but unable to do anything.

13 year old girls are working as prostitutes, to stop their families from starving.

Alcoholic men are beating up their wife and the children are lying in bed listening.

Drug addicts are mugging old people, for a couple of quid to buy heroin.

Which they will inject into their groin, because that&#39;s the only veins that haven&#39;t collapsed so far that they can&#39;t be used.

People are contemplating suicide, because they can&#39;t take the despair anymore.

And we are sitting in front of a computer. Some of us are getting offended because someone else said something a wee bit nasty.

I really don&#39;t take this very seriously. It&#39;s a bit of fun.

To quote you Rock - Think about it.

RealitY
04-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@13 April 2003 - 08:48
My thoughts on this have developed quickly, seems simple. I am not interested in ISP&#39;s knocking on anyones door or shutting anyone down. The more here, the more available and obviously the quicker the load. Fast food and microwaves are a sign of the time and I enjoy seeing a dl at 200kb/s. Anything that puts that to risk, I want stopped, even if I cannot see your files nor you see mine. I did not like it either but it is clearly better than the alternative. I would please ask SD to offer an alternative given his strong opinons.

I started my research after I read about the verizon issue. I have also stopped using some other p2p software due to the fact that they do not support (or I do not know how) the privacy issue. I have even changed my user name to a common one.

When this first came up, it brought up all the "feelings" about "LEECHES", well they will always exist. Some that I have talked to using p2p only pop in to get a file here and there and then they go. They could be considered "LEECHES" as well, and you could give them the boot as well and rag them in a message, possibly making their experience aggrivating enough so they stop using p2p and maybe never grow into a user with an external 100g hd thats on 24/7 as many of us are. It must be clear to truly give is not to expect anything in return, though we all take from here or we would not be here. :unsure:

It seems many of you are sharing large amounts and understand the importnace of contribution such as yourself, SD. It is clear from what I have read in this thread that we are now fightning amongst ourselves&#33; It is clear I hope that the reg change does not lessen the shared files and only gives us privacy. Simply, don&#39;t let your "feelings" get in the way of COMMON SENSE. :rolleyes:
Yup that&#39;s right...
I&#39;m quoting myself, because I realize this topic has become lost and battle of twit (useless wit)

Originally, the idea was that some were offended by the idea of blocking the availability to view shared files.
I do this myself and encourage you all to do the same.

During my thoughts I figured to add a possible solution, maybe all those using reg blocks should use the same user name such as:

Nofiles@kazaa (possibly confusing to others) or,
RegBlock@kazaa or,
DontBeOffended@kazaa or,
Private@kazaa (I kind of like this)

If put into place it might make users such as SD and Ace know who we are, and it is clear why we have taken the actions that we have.

I almost feel obligated to move this to a new topic considering...

Rocktron
04-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Huh?

What happend here? :blink:

J'Pol
04-13-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron@13 April 2003 - 23:26
Huh?

Hi Rock, how are you doing.

I must say I preferred your hooded stranger avatar. Sort of fitted in with the wandering around helping people thing.

The new one is flash, but does it really represent you.

ShareActor
04-13-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+13 April 2003 - 22:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 13 April 2003 - 22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Rocktron@13 April 2003 - 23:26
Huh?

Hi Rock, how are you doing.

I must say I preferred your hooded stranger avatar. Sort of fitted in with the wandering around helping people thing.

The new one is flash, but does it really represent you. [/b][/quote]
The only thing that&#39;s flashing here, is your avatar&#33;
Does it represent you?

Rocktron
04-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by ShareActor@13 April 2003 - 23:47
Does it represent you?
Hahahahahahahaha hahhaha whoaaaaa hahahhaha&#33; :D
Now that&#39;s funny Jmif&#33; Read and learn&#33;

Thanks ShareActor&#33;

We will get along fine&#33;

Welcome to the board btw&#33;

kylman5000
04-14-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by JmiF@13 April 2003 - 18:42
...regarding KyleMan5000, who has yet rebut....
I believe it is kylman5000. Some jerk had kyleman5000 when singing up for yahoo, those&#39;s bastards&#33;

Oh and hey, reality, please dont pm me and email me and post here. I got it, you freak.

Thats all I am going to say.

RealitY
04-14-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by kylman5000@14 April 2003 - 05:23
Oh and hey, reality, please dont pm me and email me and post here. I got it, you freak.

Thats all I am going to say.
That says it all...
Like s a closing scene from 8 Mile.
I would be happy not to bother you and please accept my apology,
in trade spare me your insults in the future.
Thanks.

Once again this post continues to be a forum for insults (my participation included).
I had hoped for more...

Let us :) and educate each other.

kylman5000
04-14-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@14 April 2003 - 06:13
in trade spare me your insults in the future.
You know, you never apologized.

And I didnt insult you, I called you what you are. For e-mailing me, Personal Messaging me, and posting the same thing here, is kinda freaky. Insult me all you want, I am right.

RealitY
04-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by kylman5000@14 April 2003 - 06:43
That was the apology, and at this point I retract it...
Let&#39;s be clear you started the mud and apparently I ended it&#33;

Your original insult to me attempting to analyze my statement was useless and frankly pathetic,
nor did I, or do I, understand its purpose, I guess you remain with only calling me a freak over and over.

Maybe you can read your original statement again:

"Lastly, you write to professional. Its hard to tell if you are serious or just a big loser."

WTF (to professional, errr) is that supposed to say, do you consider this type of comment your contribution here,
or was it a duel (challenge), which is how I responded to it (what for)...

Which I replied:

"Should I figure that this is some sort of college type initiation&#33; I hope you don&#39;t expect to me to eat cold spaghetti with mustard while drinking beer and then see how long I can wait prior to going to the bathrOOm, so that you can analyze if I am "serious" or a "big loser". WTF if so."

So have you passed judgement on me yet, "serious", "big loser", or are you sticking with "freak".

Seriously, I find this all disappointing.

kylman5000
04-14-2003, 09:52 PM
You know, you try to analize things for your own benifit, or you could have gotten confused on which post I replied to.

Originally posted by Me]
Originally posted by REALITY&#043; 14 April 2003--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Me@--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY&#043; 14 April 2003--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Me)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin

in trade spare me your insults in the future.&nbsp;

And I didnt insult you, I called you what you are. For e-mailing me, Personal Messaging me, and posting the same thing here, is kinda freaky. Insult me all you want, I am right. [/b]
<!--QuoteBegin--You
...or are you sticking with "freak"?[/quote]
I called you a freak once. And the second time, I responed on why I called you a freak.

I was saying you write more professional than others. You must have gotten offended. And to answer your question, No, that was my opinion. Here&#39;s another opinion of mine, your an asshole. So I&#39;m not sure where this flame is going, but keep in mind, Do not email, personal message, and post just to get your opinion across

SolidWing68
04-14-2003, 09:59 PM
just leave me alone&#33;&#33;

kylman5000
04-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Hmm, i think my post got messed up... Anyway, you are an asshat.

J'Pol
04-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron+13 April 2003 - 23:51--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 13 April 2003 - 23:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ShareActor@13 April 2003 - 23:47
Does it represent you?
Hahahahahahahaha hahhaha whoaaaaa hahahhaha&#33; :D
Now that&#39;s funny Jmif&#33; Read and learn&#33;

Thanks ShareActor&#33;

We will get along fine&#33;

Welcome to the board btw&#33; [/b][/quote]
Ah, so that&#39;s what you think is funny. Cheap innuendo.

It&#39;s really no wonder we find it difficult to get common ground. I bet you are a Benny Hill fan as well.

I have, once again offered you the olive branch. You have refused to accept it yet again. Totally my fault. I&#39;ll try not to let it happen again.

RealitY
04-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by kylman5000@14 April 2003 - 06:43
You know, you try to analyze things for your own benefit, or you could have gotten confused on which post I replied to.

I was saying you write more professional {editorial comment...bullshit you "big loser"} than others. You must have gotten offended.
I sent 1 PM and 1 email, and those that choose to be assholes and run on random insults I believe I am welcome to do so, don&#39;t exaggerate and F**K YOU too. Stating as you did...

"Lastly, you write to professional. Its hard to tell if you are serious or just a big loser. "

Seems clearly to be an insult, and does not need to be analyzed&#33;&#33;

You are a "BIG LOSER" (I intend this as a compliment) :unsure:

Let me state something you probably say daily...
"No mom I was just joking" :blink:

Don&#39;t try to redefine your ramblings and insults please,
it is truly "pathetic"

Now leave me the F**K alone you name calling piece of &#33;@#&#036;%^&*(). B)

J'Pol
04-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+15 April 2003 - 00:20--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 15 April 2003 - 00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kylman5000@14 April 2003 - 06:43
You know, you try to analyze things for your own benefit, or you could have gotten confused on which post I replied to.

I was saying you write more professional {editorial comment...bullshit you "big loser"} than others. You must have gotten offended.
I sent 1 PM and 1 email, and those that choose to be assholes and run on random insults I believe I am welcome to do so, don&#39;t exaggerate and F**K YOU too. Stating as you did...

"Lastly, you write to professional. Its hard to tell if you are serious or just a big loser. "

it is truly "pathetic"

Now leave me the F**K alone you name calling piece of &#33;@#&#036;%^&*(). B) [/b][/quote]
Thats a bit harsh

RealitY
04-14-2003, 11:33 PM
Let me simplify,

You are "wrong" for making the original empty headed, jerk off, lame ass, retarded comment that you made. Here it is again...

Why are you so confused at what I am trying to say and why are you running from the fact that you are the "big loser" bright child&#33;&#33;

Say it, say it, say UNCLE.

You are bad dancer so sit down.

Again, go away&#33;&#33; Or this is to come...
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/the_hulk/hulk7.jpg

RealitY
04-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+15 April 2003 - 00:24--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 15 April 2003 - 00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -REALITY@15 April 2003 - 00:20
<!--QuoteBegin--kylman5000@14 April 2003 - 06:43

it is truly "pathetic"

Now leave me the F**K alone you name calling piece of &#33;@#&#036;%^&*(). B)
Thats a bit harsh [/b][/quote]
Oh well...

I actually find it "funny"&#33;&#33;

Bender
04-15-2003, 12:01 AM
I think I&#39;ll have to close this one, as it has nothing to do with the original topic.
Feel free to fight on in the Lounge, or via PM&#39;s.