PDA

View Full Version : Norton Antivirus Corporate v9

browser
12-21-2004, 08:08 PM
When installing this for use on my own (home) PC, do I install the server or client configuaration.

I am using the Corp version because I have hear that it uses less resources and protects as well as NAV 2003/2004 Pro (which I have been using for a few years now with no problem.) Can anyone confirm this?

orcutt989
12-21-2004, 08:35 PM
The corporate also does not need to be re-bought every month.

browser
12-21-2004, 08:37 PM
bought..... i'll assume you meant cracked every month.

Do you know if I need server or client configuration when I install?

Virtualbody1234
12-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Client configuration.

browser
12-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks. Sorted

orcutt989
12-21-2004, 09:01 PM
bought..... i'll assume you meant cracked every month.

Do you know if I need server or client configuration when I install?

No the Corporate version is for "Corporations". You dont need to renew your subscription, it has infinite. If you owned a corporation, would you want to be renewing subscriptions on all of your computers, every 30 days? Imagine how much that would cost, and how tedious it would be! No, I did not mean cracked.. That is how the retail software is, and how it is if you download it.

peat moss
12-22-2004, 03:22 AM
No the Corporate version is for "Corporations". You dont need to renew your subscription, it has infinite. If you owned a corporation, would you want to be renewing subscriptions on all of your computers, every 30 days? Imagine how much that would cost, and how tedious it would be! No, I did not mean cracked.. That is how the retail software is, and how it is if you download it.

What it means is a single computer (client ) Or (sever ) Office? But I know what your trying to say. :) I have this :

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=83610

orcutt989
12-22-2004, 04:32 AM
What it means is a single computer (client ) Or (sever ) Office? But I know what your trying to say. :) I have this :

Sorry I didnt know how to explain it, obviously mine made no sense. Thanks peat moss.

EDIT: That torrent link or whatever didn't work.

peat moss
12-22-2004, 04:50 AM
Sorry I didnt know how to explain it, obviously mine made no sense. Thanks peat moss.

EDIT: That torrent link or whatever didn't work.

No problem's orcutt989, I think there was a emule hash or klite lite here as well . Pm me if you need help . :) Peat

One thing I had noticed was the settings , that puppy will scan all night unless you tell to stop when finished I thought that was BUSH ! :angry:

fkdup74
12-23-2004, 01:08 AM
One thing I had noticed was the settings , that puppy will scan all night unless you tell to stop when finished I thought that was BUSH ! :angry:

what the hell?
NAV Corp scans 300 GB for me in 25 mins
never had it run all night or even hours for that matter
you may need to check some settings

and btw....norton doesnt need to be updated/registered monthly
they do yearly subscriptions, unless they changed all that for the 05 version

peat moss
12-23-2004, 01:55 AM
Gee my point exactly, I mentioned the setting problem. Has happened on two computers I set up . :)

Funny I tryed to quote FKDUP74, but could n't . :huh:

fkdup74
12-23-2004, 02:02 AM
Gee my point exactly, I mentioned the setting problem. Has happened on two computers I set up . :)

yeah, i was agreeing with you...check your settings :P
if i could think of what it might be atm, i'd be glad to say, but...
i havent had it do that, i just installed and ran it, no probs, didnt have to mess with settings
maybe try a reinstall? or have you done that already?

peat moss
12-23-2004, 02:09 AM
yeah, i was agreeing with you...check your settings :P
if i could think of what it might be atm, i'd be glad to say, but...
i havent had it do that, i just installed and ran it, no probs, didnt have to mess with settings
maybe try a reinstall? or have you done that already?

There were both on a hub . Mabye.......... thats why? Other than that little clitch , runs great . Like some said no eye candy but very fast . I like it way better than the NSW 2005 Anti virus one . :cool:

orcutt989
12-28-2004, 10:22 PM
WAit, so isnt there a norton where you dont need yearly subscriptions? I am sorry, I didnt mean monthly I meant yearly.

My 90 day or 60 or something trial subscription on this PC is running out in a few days. What version should I get? I thought Corporate meant you didnt have to buy subscriptions?

{I}{K}{E}
12-28-2004, 10:38 PM
WAit, so isnt there a norton where you dont need yearly subscriptions? I am sorry, I didnt mean monthly I meant yearly.

My 90 day or 60 or something trial subscription on this PC is running out in a few days. What version should I get? I thought Corporate meant you didnt have to buy subscriptions?

download the corporate edtion. ;)

peat moss
12-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Patch and key generator here for Norton Anti virus 2005 ! :)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=87976

Confusing eh? I know, sometimes I just download the noncorporate version and look for a crack . The Version in IKE's link is the real deal , no regristration or numbers to put in and never expires. Think like Xp home or Xp pro corp. I'm switching my friends over to Symantic Anti virus 2004 corp. because a year flies
bye so fast .

orcutt989
12-30-2004, 05:44 AM
Patch and key generator here for Norton Anti virus 2005 ! :)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=87976

Confusing eh? I know, sometimes I just download the noncorporate version and look for a crack . The Version in IKE's link is the real deal , no regristration or numbers to put in and never expires. Think like Xp home or Xp pro corp. I'm switching my friends over to Symantic Anti virus 2004 corp. because a year flies
bye so fast .

So Norton Corp, never needs subscription again?

And I have tried that link like 20 times now, and it just says the page cannot be displayed. What type if hash is it? I have Emule, and Bittorrent, and Limewire, and Kazaa Lite...

orcutt989
12-30-2004, 09:29 PM
???

Snee
12-30-2004, 09:41 PM
???
It's:

ed2k://|file|Symantec.AntiVirus.Corporate.v9.0.2.1000.Client.exe|19004571|7FBE5175DC1B00ACD6AA11FCAF1BB5C7|h=TGSMB67L7674DLYGQA2M47DWWAKVBZE2|/

So emule.