colt45joe
12-22-2004, 03:46 AM
its a xbox hack, but dont bother with it...just walk away

lyricis
12-22-2004, 03:48 AM
Now why would I wanna do that?

Peerzy
12-22-2004, 03:52 AM
I have never used it but iv heard its a hack that helps you soft-mod your Xbox. I believe the topic is covered fully in our Guides section. Go into Guides > Games and then softmodding your Xbox. That explains the uses of the hack. Alterntivly check out the xboox scene forums on how to use it (www.xbox-scene.com)

Also you may want to give members more than 2 minutes to answer questions. Remember that they are viewing it but may not know the answer.

Welcome to the board by the way :)

lyricis
12-22-2004, 03:56 AM
Thanks for your help, I think. :unsure:

lyricis
12-22-2004, 04:16 AM
Searching Google for Mordens Audio Hack 007 V.3 seems to be a wasted attempt. You know, everytime I try to somehow use the full capacity of my XBox, something always gets in my way.

This 4920 Dash, they say the necessity is unwaivering. I can't have the original Dash? Meaning, I have to purchase XBox Live? :huh:

lyricis
12-22-2004, 04:18 AM
And everything I do find concerning Mordens Audio Hack 007 V.3 is in German. I can't read German. :(

cpt_azad
12-22-2004, 04:21 AM
calm down dude. Morden Audio Hack for the xbox game (james bond) helps you install the dash and what not so you can mod your xbox w/o having to actually take it apart and fucking up. This is how I modded my xbox (props go out to singa) and it's a charm, you should do it. The only hint i'll give you in finding it is eMule ;)

lyricis
12-22-2004, 06:41 AM
What is so significant about the 4920 dashboard?

colt45joe
12-22-2004, 08:39 AM
well, thats why i said walk away, this hack is old and useless, now a days we have UDE and UXE which dont require 4920...with UDE/UXE it doesnt matter.

go to http://www.xbox-scene.com

look around, learn, and you can get everything you need on xbins, which is explained on xboxscene, so just look around.

lyricis
12-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Ah. Now I'm back where I started. I learned about XBins prior to this. Maybe there is something I missed. I'll see. :unsure:

lyricis
12-22-2004, 04:38 PM
This UDE/UXE you're referring to, how do I use it? I did the Mirc thing and the FlashFXP thing. I gotta few files but now I don't know really what to do with them. I've read all the ReadMe files, but they seem to speaking in fragmented sentences that I don't understand. It's quite frustrating. I think I have all the tools, I just need to know how to use them.

The help that's been given is well appreciated, but most of it stuff that I've already seen or heard about, I just don't know how to use what I've got. Can someone help me in this aspect?

lyricis
12-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Damn, it seems everybody has a modded Xbox in these forums but me! :angry:

Mad Cat
12-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Once again, views, but no answer...

Waiting more than 2 minutes for a reply kinda helps...

lyricis
12-22-2004, 05:46 PM
I do wait. But nobody responds. And I know there are heads on here that no more about this then I. I thought if I went ahead and got the tools needed, instead of bein an idiot asking where to get everything, that I would be more inclined to recieve assisstance. Am I still doin something wrong, am I in some shape or form not complying with spoken and unspoken rules of the forum? :(

newcombe6
12-22-2004, 06:24 PM
youre not doing anything majorly wrong pal - just impatient and a bit bossy maybe! give the topic a little time for people to view it (and rember its a global board - not everyone will be awake in different countries when you post) and give it a bit more than 2 mins - theres always gonna be more view than posts

someone will help you out if youre polite - thats my experience anyways

hope you get it sorted - i cheated an bought a pre-modded xbox - so i cant really help you - but there are guys on this board that know this shit like the back of theyre hands - so chill out and youll sort it soon!

lyricis
12-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Sorry if I come on a bit bossy. That was unintentional.

Understand I've tried my hand at this thing for some time now. I don't much about soldering so I bought a solderless modchip last year, that worked to no avail. I've thought about sending it in to let somebody else do it, but the idea of sending my XBox to a complete stranger still doesn't bode well with me (although, at this point, it seems like the likely option to take). Then I learned about this softmod method, it seems legit and alot people have claimed they have succeeded. So that's what I'm attempting at now. Like I said, I believe I have all the tools. All I need is the assisstance.

Another reason for me posting so much is that I'm trying to keep the thread up so people do see it. If people post elsewhere, then the thread drops and nobody sees it nor replies. There is a method to my madness. :shifty:

Peerzy
12-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Sorry if I come on a bit bossy. That was unintentional.

Understand I've tried my hand at this thing for some time now. I don't much about soldering so I bought a solderless modchip last year, that worked to no avail. I've thought about sending it in to let somebody else do it, but the idea of sending my XBox to a complete stranger still doesn't bode well with me (although, at this point, it seems like the likely option to take). Then I learned about this softmod method, it seems legit and alot people have claimed they have succeeded. So that's what I'm attempting at now. Like I said, I believe I have all the tools. All I need is the assisstance.

Another reason for me posting so much is that I'm trying to keep the thread up so people do see it. If people post elsewhere, then the thread drops and nobody sees it nor replies. There is a method to my madness. :shifty:

As long as its on he frist page there is no need to bump it up. Wat country are you in? If is USA hen Singaboiy mods then. He has done a few members on here and im sure they will all give him prais. he also puts in an extra large hard drive and gives you 80 games. COntact him or wait for him to pos in here.

lyricis
12-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Hmm... Interesting. How do I got about contacting him. Someone referred to him in an early post. Do people send their XBox to him? I don't mind sending it in if he can get it back in a timely fashion.

Or, if he could give me better directions than those posted elsewhere that would be great too.

The problem is, I need things broken down to the most minor detail (well, maybe not most minor, but close), and that's probably why people don't wanna deal with me. Critical. Once again, that's why I took the liberty of goin ahead and gettin all those tools ahead of time. But, patience is a virtue, I'll see what happens in the next few days, I rented Agent Under Fire and I have it for a while. We'll see what happens. :shifty:

Peerzy
12-22-2004, 07:37 PM
PM Singa (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=newpm&u=49959)

Click that, then type your message and click send. Its private message so no one else on the forum can read it apart from you and him, when he replies a bx will apear in your browser telling you so and where it says:

Welcome, peerzyboy.
You last visited: Today at 06:30 PM
Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 61

at the top it will say Private Messages: 1

Ofcourse it won't say peerzyboy it will be your username.

lyricis
12-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Thanks. Your help is well appreciated. :D

n18
12-22-2004, 09:19 PM
this is a pretty good totuorial http://www.how2xbox.com/ i used that and SingaBois' help to mod my box :)

newcombe6
12-22-2004, 10:29 PM
yep - i recommend singaboiy with full praise - i live in the uk and he even offered to send me a pre-modded xbox with 100 games and large hdd - and hes going to post me games as i need them also

also peezyboy in the uk has helped me out loads - so massive thanks to the both of em (and thousands of others on these forums!!)

im sure theyll help you out

silent h3ro
12-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Yea SingaBoiy sent me a brand new modded Xbox with a 200GB hdd and he even sent me videos of evox and shit before i got iit to see what it was like. Singaboiy is a great seller!! :D

newcombe6
12-22-2004, 11:21 PM
yep - hes a damn good seller and a well helpful guy. seriously lyricis - send him a pm cos youre both in the states. he'll sort you out - and his prices ofr xbox, games and hdd's are much better than the ones you find on ebay etc

lyricis
12-23-2004, 12:32 AM
I have PMed Singa, but he hasn't gotten back with me yet.

On another note. I've made progress regarding the softmodifications. I can now get to the Mini-linux screen of the XBox (atleast that's what it looks like).

Now I need new information maybe somebody can help me with. How can I change my dash to either 4920, 5659 or the 5960 dash? If anybody knows it would greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I don't have XBox Live. So is there a game that might change the menu?

n18
12-23-2004, 01:42 AM
I have PMed Singa, but he hasn't gotten back with me yet.

On another note. I've made progress regarding the softmodifications. I can now get to the Mini-linux screen of the XBox (atleast that's what it looks like).

Now I need new information maybe somebody can help me with. How can I change my dash to either 4920, 5659 or the 5960 dash? If anybody knows it would greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I don't have XBox Live. So is there a game that might change the menu? you dont need to change the dashboard with ude, and you dont need xbox live,

lyricis
12-23-2004, 03:22 AM
I have successfully softmodded my XBox thanks to Colt45 and the others who gave me tidbits along the way. I'd like to say thanks to everybody that contributed to the success.

Now the issue is XBox Media Player, but hopefully, that won't be an issue for long. We'll see. Peace. :w00t:

SingaBoiy
12-23-2004, 03:25 AM
I just got home a little while ago. Sorry I couldnt help. Check you PMs about XBMC.

lyricis
12-23-2004, 04:42 AM
Now, how do I setup FTP configuration between my XBox and my computer (basically, how do I send files from my computer to my XBox)? Do I need some sort of special cable besides the ones I use to hook up to the internet (mean LAN/WAN cables)?

SingaBoiy
12-23-2004, 05:48 AM
Do you have a router? A free ethernet port?

lyricis
12-23-2004, 01:21 PM
I have a router (if that's the same thing as a hub). Like a splicer for the internet. It's got one WAN connection and like 4 LAN connections. If that's what you mean. My computer is hooked up to just one of those 4, I have 3 free ports. I just don't have another cable. I've got it hooked up so that multiple computers can be hooked up at one time, plus its wireless, so a laptop nearby could just buddy off of me.

I'm going to get a cable today, the only thing I need to know is if it has 2 be a 2-way cable or if there is a such thing, or can it just be a regular old (ethernet) cable. Atleast I think that's what they are called. I know my computer knowledge should be elevated a lil more, but nobody is every specific with me when it comes to hardware. But you guys seem to be doing very well in helping me. Thanks alot, by the way.

lyricis
12-24-2004, 04:41 AM
When I'm using Slayer's EvoX Auto-Installer 2.6 what do I do? I mean, I have many options and don't know which one to choose. I do know I want to put XBMC on the XBox, but it gives me like 11 options to choose from and I just don't wanna make the wrong choice.

SingaBoiy
12-24-2004, 04:51 AM
I have a router (if that's the same thing as a hub). Like a splicer for the internet. It's got one WAN connection and like 4 LAN connections. If that's what you mean. My computer is hooked up to just one of those 4, I have 3 free ports. I just don't have another cable. I've got it hooked up so that multiple computers can be hooked up at one time, plus its wireless, so a laptop nearby could just buddy off of me.

I'm going to get a cable today, the only thing I need to know is if it has 2 be a 2-way cable or if there is a such thing, or can it just be a regular old (ethernet) cable. Atleast I think that's what they are called. I know my computer knowledge should be elevated a lil more, but nobody is every specific with me when it comes to hardware. But you guys seem to be doing very well in helping me. Thanks alot, by the way.

Get a cable for your xbox.
Connect your xbox to your router.
Start your xbox and go to System Utils then settings.
Scroll down to where it says Use Static. Change that to yes.
Scroll all the way to the bottom (hold L to go faster). Hit Save and Exit
Restart your xbox. It should have some numbers under where it says IP in the top left.
Go to Start and hit My Network Places.
Over on the left hit Add a Network Place.
Click Next
Make sure the bottom option is picked and hit next.
Type in ftp://xbox:[email protected]:21 where the x's are use the IP is says on your xbox.
Open up the connection. In the E folder make folders for Games, Movies, and Apps
Drag the XBMC folder to the Apps folder.
Restart your xbox. Go to Launch Menu, then Apps and you should see XBMC.

lyricis
12-24-2004, 05:12 AM
What can be done about an XBox that can play games and save data just fine, but has no dashboard if the system is booted with a disc inside. As a matter of fact, everytime its booted without a disc or the disc is ejected it gets the call customer service screen? Can a new dashboard be put on there if the Mini-linux screen comes up from the 007 hack?

SingaBoiy
12-24-2004, 05:25 AM
6. The screen should now go black and you are ready to set up your new dashboard. There should be a page that displays ltools and says "007: Agent Under Fire". Hit B. Go down and selelct "Install UDE". Press A to continue. Press UDE2 (You must have a NTSC xbox for this!). If you dont, hit A. This is where my video cuts off. But you can either choose XMX or EvoX as your new dashboard. I prefer EvoX, as do many others.

7. It will now install. This may take upto or more then 30 min.

You are finished modding! Now you can save games, movies, pics, apps, emu's and more on your hdd and have no need for discs. You can play burned games if you run out of hdd space and dont wanna get a new one.

:)

lyricis
12-24-2004, 05:30 AM
Get a cable for your xbox.
Connect your xbox to your router.
Start your xbox and go to System Utils then settings.
Scroll down to where it says Use Static. Change that to yes.
Scroll all the way to the bottom (hold L to go faster). Hit Save and Exit
Restart your xbox. It should have some numbers under where it says IP in the top left.
Go to Start and hit My Network Places.
Over on the left hit Add a Network Place.
Click Next
Make sure the bottom option is picked and hit next.
Type in ftp://xbox:[email protected]:21 where the x's are use the IP is says on your xbox.
Open up the connection. In the E folder make folders for Games, Movies, and Apps
Drag the XBMC folder to the Apps folder.
Restart your xbox. Go to Launch Menu, then Apps and you should see XBMC.

That doesn't work on mine for some reason. I've tried it over and over again. Its like my XBox doesn't even exist. What else could I possibly be missing?

lyricis
12-24-2004, 05:35 AM
6. The screen should now go black and you are ready to set up your new dashboard. There should be a page that displays ltools and says "007: Agent Under Fire". Hit B. Go down and selelct "Install UDE". Press A to continue. Press UDE2 (You must have a NTSC xbox for this!). If you dont, hit A. This is where my video cuts off. But you can either choose XMX or EvoX as your new dashboard. I prefer EvoX, as do many others.

7. It will now install. This may take upto or more then 30 min.

You are finished modding! Now you can save games, movies, pics, apps, emu's and more on your hdd and have no need for discs. You can play burned games if you run out of hdd space and dont wanna get a new one.

I'll try that tomorrow. Cause this cat doesn't have a dashboard at all right now. Not even the MS Dash. He has nothing! But he can play games just fine.

lyricis
12-24-2004, 05:49 AM
The Enigmah Diskswitcher, just what does it do exactly and how can it be manipuated? Beause I have it in my Apps menu now. By the way, I'm FTPing nothing, I'm getting this all from a disc I created by burning an image on a CDRW. The image is the Slayer's EvoX Auto-Installer 2.6.

SingaBoiy
12-24-2004, 06:05 AM
Never heard of the diskswitcher. Just the video switcher. Changes video mode from NTSC to PAL and the other way around.

lyricis
12-24-2004, 03:39 PM
That's great and all Singa, but what about the other questions though?

lyricis
12-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Can space be freed on your XBox? Meaning, can you free up space on the other drives (primarily E drive)?

lyricis
12-25-2004, 01:26 AM
Peoples? :frusty:

Peerzy
12-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Yes comon everyone stop sleeping or celebrating christmas or giving and recieving presents and stuff lyricis needs help FFS! And you call yourself forum posters, jeez what is lyricis paying you for i jus don't know.

Peerzy
12-25-2004, 01:48 AM
lyricis why u taking more than 2 min to reply! You expect us to repply with in 2mins but you cannot do it yourself.

Peerzy
12-25-2004, 01:49 AM
By the way you can free up space by deleting shit.

Peerzy
12-25-2004, 01:50 AM
lyricis????

Peerzy
12-25-2004, 01:50 AM
Man lyricis you suck you take more than 4 mins to reply!!!

Peerzy
12-25-2004, 01:51 AM
Anyone getting my point yet, i see 1 person has viewed bu hey have not replied, hey sould be shot the fucking scum.

colt45joe
12-25-2004, 02:10 AM
...right

lyricis
12-25-2004, 03:24 AM
Peerz, you trippin. Like I said before, sorry if I came off like that. I post questions as they come to my head. Sorry if I don't edit a post and put multiple questions on that one post. My bad, if it makes you feel better, I'll do that just for you! :blink:

Peerzy
12-25-2004, 04:54 PM
if it makes you feel better, I'll do that just for you! :blink:

:01: Nah its just you bumped this when it was still in the top5 :huh: .

lyricis
12-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Ok, new question.
I noticed when I was looking at my EvoX System Utils screen, that my harddrive is locked (security, or something to that effect) Will that prevent me from FTPing to my XBox even though my FTP option is enabled? :cool:

SingaBoiy
12-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Ok, new question.
I noticed when I was looking at my EvoX System Utils screen, that my harddrive is locked (security, or something to that effect) Will that prevent me from FTPing to my XBox even though my FTP option is enabled? :cool:
Nope, locking is what its called when you 'lock' the harddrive with the 20 number key to the eeprom on the xbox. You dont need to worry about that. That only comes into play when you get a new hd.

Its good to make a backup of it though. If your hd becomes useless.

lyricis
12-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Could there be something else possibly holding me back from FTPing to my XBox? That seems to be a major disadvantage that I seem to be the only one having a problem with. Which just seems to be me missing something when everybody else is doin it.

n18
12-26-2004, 08:23 PM
How about figuring out that one yourself with some tutorials such as this one
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=183856

ofbz
12-27-2004, 06:38 AM
true... is not wrong to ask questions sometimes... but its WAY better if you read, understand and figure stuffs by yourself...

WHY???

well im not trying to scare you... but after ftp'ing you might want to do things like... add more programs, get dashboards other than evox, and make them work as your main one... try other exploits... maybe install a bigger hd... and all these stuffs require a lot of reading and learning....

why not start now... head over to the xbox-scene forums, you'll get a lot more answers about these stuffs over there...

lyricis
12-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Eureka! I have done it. :01:
Feel the wraith of an XBox modded! Still not at perfection, but I am able to FTP to my XBox. Now I have over a dozen skins and a properly functioning XBMC! Yaay. I wanna thank all those that contributed my success. Identities in this forum and many many others. A special thanks goes out to Colt45Joe for helping me out immensely on the project when nobody else was hookin a brotha up! Kudos man. :w00t:

SingaBoiy
12-28-2004, 06:04 PM
:rolleyes:

lyricis
12-28-2004, 09:39 PM
I don't get it, but if its smiles then its gotta be good! :lol:

colt45joe
12-28-2004, 11:37 PM
:rolleyes:

yeh i dont get it either.... :|

silent h3ro
12-29-2004, 02:31 AM
:rolleyes: I'm no kok gobler. :(

lyricis
12-30-2004, 07:30 AM
I've come across another problem.

Ok... I take MAME is an Arcade game (Coin Op) emulator. The thing is, most ROMs that I get for Arcade games are several files, rather than the one file I usually get with GBA, SNES, NES, or Genesis ROMs.

I just want to know if I download those files into the ROM section or are Arcade ROM files supposed to be just one file as well. This'll let me know if I'm looking in the right place for what I'm trying to get. :helpsmili

SingaBoiy
12-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Trying to FTP these over or burn to disc?

lyricis
12-30-2004, 06:49 PM
I get them from Websites, save to PC HD, then FTP over to my XBox.

One source has told me to just send the whole .zip drive to the file and the XBox will do the rest as far as extraction. That seems highly unlikely though. Maybe you have another suggestion?

lyricis
12-31-2004, 02:26 AM
Forget the old problem, here's a new one. The MAME ROMs are being read now but, everytime I go to load a ROM, a screen that says this pops up ->

Fatal Error:
cpu #0 uses wrong 32-bit handlers for address space 0 (should be 8-bit)!

press any button to continue.

What is that talking about? Am I going to have to completely change emulators? This is the latest one from our favorite distributors.

Oh yeah, this is MAMEox only. Like I said, all the other emulators work fine. :helpsmili

SingaBoiy
12-31-2004, 04:15 AM
Hmmm... I never tried getting mame to work.

Just N64, SNES and PS games.

lyricis
12-31-2004, 01:05 PM
I just want a few old school arcade 2D shoooters. Like Raiden Fighters Jet, Raiden DX, Alien vs Predator (Capcom's arcade version), Viper Phase 1.

All other emulators seem to be in working order. Damn.

lyricis
01-12-2005, 11:36 PM
I found out over half those MAME games I'm wanting haven't been emulated and if they have been, they aren't working properly due to good programming when they were made. Now ain't that a :angry:

lyricis
01-21-2005, 03:16 AM
Peep. How does WindowsCE affect the XBox? How does it work? :ermm:

SingaBoiy
01-21-2005, 12:00 PM
It doesnt affect it. Adds an option in the boot menu to start it though.

You need a keyboard and mouse for it.

lyricis
01-23-2005, 03:54 PM
That's another question I have. How does one obtain a keyboard and mouse for the XBox? I mean, I don't see any USB ports in the back of the XBox. :wacko:

Peerzy
01-23-2005, 04:20 PM
That's another question I have. How does one obtain a keyboard and mouse for the XBox? I mean, I don't see any USB ports in the back of the XBox. :wacko:

It's a special one that plugs into the controller ports. Either that or its an adapter that plugs into the controller ports and lets you plug in USB.

lyricis
08-15-2005, 05:54 AM
Consider this a thread resurrection, but on a slightly different scale.

I was going through my XBox harddrive and scrolled to Ninja Gaiden. I noticed that it had a save file for Hurricane Pack 1. Now I'm not sure off the top of my head all the improvements that come with the first Hurricane Pack so I'm not really interested in that.

The thing is, I used a similar trick to get the Hurricane Packs as I did Halo 2 Maps. Getting Halo 2's upgrade and maps was no problem. The problem lies in the Hurricane Pack. When I attempted the 'trick', it resulted in the corruption of my first save file on my Nina Gaiden game and I don't think I have the Hurricane Pack 1. But yet, there's a save file under my Ninja Gaiden information that states, plain as day, 'Hurricane Pack 1.' Can someone please clarify this for me.

Furthermore, if anyone has any idea of getting the Hurricane Packs to work without XBox Live, it would be well appreciated. Thanks.

lyricis
08-16-2005, 03:09 PM
I take it no one is feelin' that question... critical...

Peerzy
08-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Or maybe just not 'feelin' you?

When you downloaded the HP, where did you get it form? Did it come with an NFO or some kind of read me?

n18
08-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Don't worry, Ninja Gaiden Black is coming out soon. It will include the Hurricane Pack, and an easy mode! wooho.

orcutt989
08-19-2005, 03:22 AM
Damn, it seems everybody has a modded Xbox in these forums but me! :angry:

Dont worry, I dont own an XBOX.

lyricis
08-20-2005, 03:51 PM
It's Hurricane Pack 1. And it came with a gameid.ini file, and the TDATA/UDATA directories. I basically tried to use the same trick that I used to get the Halo 2 maps. But that didn't work. I didn't see an .NFO or readme file.

Peerzy
08-20-2005, 04:18 PM
It's Hurricane Pack 1. And it came with a gameid.ini file, and the TDATA/UDATA directories. I basically tried to use the same trick that I used to get the Halo 2 maps. But that didn't work. I didn't see an .NFO or readme file.

Or maybe just not 'feelin' you?

When you downloaded the HP, where did you get it form? Did it come with an NFO or some kind of read me?

How about answering questions if you want help?

lyricis
08-21-2005, 03:16 PM
I got the HP from a reliable friend of mine online. He got it from bit torrents. It did not have an .nfo file or a readme file.

lyricis
08-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Well... I tried.

pikey102
06-16-2006, 05:09 AM
how do i download the mordens AUDIO HACK 007 v.3

colt45joe
06-16-2006, 05:18 AM
how do i download the mordens AUDIO HACK 007 v.3

dont download it. the hack is out of date. go here http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showforum=45

and read everything.

suprafreak6
06-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the board by the way :)
what do you mean welcome...look at his join date! :O