PDA

View Full Version : B&W to Color Photo wt Photoshop!

worldpease
12-23-2004, 04:44 AM
How can I make a Black and Wite Photo, to look like a Color photo, using Photoshop?
Im new with this program, so, I donīt know what tools to use.
Does anyone knows what Im talking about?

nsane
12-23-2004, 04:53 AM
the only way to correctly make a photo color is from the negative (not the reverse color option in photoshop, the things your get back with your pictures after they've been developed) ;)

now don't get me wrong, but it might be possible to do it in photoshop using the Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation then colorizing, to retain depth. but it would be diffucult to get the colors just right :(

worldpease
12-23-2004, 05:07 AM
yea, I knowwhat you mean,
Its just that I had a look at a good picture, and yes, one could tell easily about the convertion, but still , it was good.

Haz
12-23-2004, 08:03 AM
http://kirupa.com/motiongraphics/colorization.htm

This should help you out with your question, and familiarize yourself with Photoshop more in the process. Stuff like this is a snap once your comfortable with PS ;)

cpt_azad
12-23-2004, 10:04 AM
the only way to correctly make a photo color is from the negative (not the reverse color option in photoshop, the things your get back with your pictures after they've been developed) ;)

now don't get me wrong, but it might be possible to do it in photoshop using the Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation then colorizing, to retain depth. but it would be diffucult to get the colors just right :(

ya that could work, but it wont have that much definition.