PDA

View Full Version : "The Pacific War" [2006]

Samurai
12-29-2004, 02:29 AM
It seems Steven Spielberg is at it again, after the ever popular Band Of Brothers.

A 10-part mini-series from the creators of "Band of Brothers" telling stories of America's battle with the Japanese in the Pacific during World War II.

I'm looking forward to this. If it's anything like BoB, it's going to be a great series :)

Link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/) ;)

DanB
12-29-2004, 03:07 AM
nice :D

worldpease
12-29-2004, 05:44 AM
Dam it, I haven´t seen ¨Band Of Brothers¨, but since it came out, everybody is talking about it, is it that good?
Cus if you tell me it is, I´ll put it on my list*.

--*not that I have a list, its just a saying.

lee551
12-29-2004, 06:45 AM
cool. i'll have to look out for that in a year or so. :P

cpt_azad
12-29-2004, 07:37 AM
Dam it, I haven´t seen ¨Band Of Brothers¨, but since it came out, everybody is talking about it, is it that good?
Cus if you tell me it is, I´ll put it on my list*.

--*not that I have a list, its just a saying.

IMHO, BoB is the best mini series ever if not the best movie ever (I know it's not a movie, but still). It's the only "masterpiece" that captures exactly what life was like for soldiers back then, from training camp to the fall of Berlin. And it's based on the lives of actual people in the same Company, I love the last episode where the veterans that make their appearance before every episode starts (kind of summarizing the episode) are finally revealed (you dont know who they are, but Ep10 reveals who they are [names] and you will know what he did during his life in WWII). That's what I think, go check it out, for me, this was the best 130 bucks I've ever spent (on the dvd collection for BoB). And this looks good too (Pacific War).

cpt_azad
12-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Wow, definately looking forward to this one, more details:

Dale Dye to direct an episode?
Dec.17, 2004

Captain Dale Dye, who has worked as a military advisor on dozens of movies, including "Saving Private Ryan," "Rules of Engagement" and "Alexander" (where he also directed the second unit), plans to direct his own movie. "I've gone to school for 20 years now with Oliver Stone, Steven Spielberg, Brian De Palma, and I've considered that a college," he said. First, though, Dye will re-team with "Band of Brothers" creators Tom Hanks and Spielberg on another series for HBO, this one focusing on the battle with the Japanese in the Pacific during World War II. ...

Names of New Writers Assigned
Dec.15, 2004

HBO has employed the following new writers to the series: Robert Schenkkan (Pulitzer Prize for Drama), George Pelecanos (Crime Fiction novelist) and Laurence Andries (Boomtown).

Scouting Now, Scripts Due in Spring, Start Summer
Dec. 14, 2004

Location scouts have been given assignments. All writers have been hired, episodes assigned. Scripts due late March. Production slated to start in summer 2005.

HBO Hopes to Go "All-Out" with New Series
Dec.7, 2004

The series is slated to be the biggest and most expensive mini-series every produced for Television. The decisive and complex battles of Midway, Okinawa and several other campaigns are scheduled to get screen time. Check out our synopsis page for more details.

cpt_azad
12-29-2004, 07:41 AM
oh and btw, here's the site where i got the info i posted:

http://www.upcomingepics.com/pacific_war/

Samurai
12-29-2004, 02:33 PM

cpt_azad
12-30-2004, 03:05 AM
no problem :)