PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell.........the movie (crap)

cpt_azad
12-29-2004, 10:47 AM
First of all let me just say this, the Splinter Cell series is by far the best games I've ever in my life played, and hell I play it all the time (even more than HL2/CSS and Halo2). Furthermore, I can't wait for Chaos Theory to come out.

But Hollywood being the oppurtunist it is, decided that making a movie about a guy in black sneaking around in the dark killing people silently is a great idea for a movie. Honestly, I don't think Splinter Cell will make a good movie, in fact I think (IMO) it'll be a really crappy boring ass movie. But as a game, it'll always be a legend.

Hey, atleast this will come out in 2006, well after my precious Chaos Theory comes out.

Links:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7376/Splinter-Cell-Movie-in-the-Works/

http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?id=692859

http://www.freezedriedmovies.com/news/index.php?Action=Full&NewsID=1935

http://www.moviehole.net/news/4752.html

Some quotes from the sites:

From Teambox.com:

Paramout Pictures has acquired the film rights for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell and hired Peter Berg to direct and also co-write the script with JT Petty and John J. McLaughlin. Michael Ovitz will produce the movie, with Peter Berg, Michael Clancy, and Yves Guillemot serving as executive producers.

Splinter Cell follows the steps of movie adaptations such as Tomb Raider, Doom, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell follows the adventures of Sam Fisher, a highly trained secret operative of the NSA's secret arm: The Third Echelon. The videogame series grants players access to the highest echelons of national security, where shadowy operatives have the freedom to do whatever it takes to safeguard America.

From Freeze Dried Movies and Moviehole.net:

One of the greatest games around for the game consoles today is the 'Splinter Cell' series. Hollywood being the ever opportunist it is has also taken notice of this fact and is ready to bring the game to the big screen. The actor they have in mind to take the role of Sam Fisher? None other then 'The Punisher' himself Tom Jane. That actually sounds like a great idea and would work very well, Hmm maybe Hollywood is starting to get this game to movie thing right.

Movie Hole:

It mightn't have made a lot of bank, but "The Punisher" has perceptibly done one thing : Convince studios that star Thomas/Tom/Tommy/TJ Jane is well and truly capable of carrying an action pic. Throw him a singlet, give him three days warning to grow a half-beard and furnish him with a Hatfield-Pedersoli brass patch box muzzle loading rifle, and he’ll “Bring it”.

According to insider ‘Bartok’, Jane’s in talks with Paramount to headline the recently announced film version of the game “Splinter Cell”.

The actor - also attached to film a sequel to “The Punisher” sometime down the track - would play Sam Fisher, a field operative of a secretive "black-ops" NSA sub-agency called Third Echelon. Alone, yet armed with some of the best hi-tech weapons on the market, Fisher is geared up to infiltrate and neutralize the enemy - all without leaving a trace. Fisher is sent into action when two CIA agents mysteriously disappear in Azerbaijan.

“Paramount and [Director, Peter] Berg like him”, he says. “It’ll probably come down to whether there’s any scheduling conflicts and the script - which Berg and JT are doing”.

The scooper also tells us that “Splinter Cell”, is filling the pro tempore void of the Tom Clancy films. “They’re doing this instead. At least until they decide what they’re going to do about the Ryan pics”.

Ben Affleck was set to reprise his role as CIA analyst Jack Ryan for a film called “Red Rabbit”, but with his track record of late - read : box office poison - the studio’s not exactly keen to invest much in that series at the moment (Personally, I think they’ll recast). On the other hand, Clancy’s “Rainbow Six”, which features the character of John Clark (played in “Sum of All Fears” by Liev Schreiber - who I doubt will be back for the feature, they’ll want a ‘name’) is supposedly in development there, with John Woo attached.

I don't mind the idea of Jane playing Fisher in "Splinter". Hope it comes off.

Do I look forward to it? Yup (download maybe, but hey I've been wrong many times before, so it could turn out to be good).

bujub22
12-30-2004, 01:43 AM
i still have not played this game but want to and definetly before the movie comes out ;)

cpt_azad
12-30-2004, 03:54 AM
you should go play it buju, if u got a good enough comp then download it :) (for me, i think this is one of those few game/series that deserves the hard earned money)

Cheese
12-30-2004, 01:57 PM
The game is a glorified version of hide-and-seek. So, yeah a film based on a game of hide-and-seek probably won't be that good.

Could be wrong though, all those other videogame adaptions are masterpieces...

cpt_azad
12-30-2004, 11:47 PM
@cheese, which ones are you referring to?

Cheese
12-31-2004, 05:26 AM
@cheese, which ones are you referring to?

All of them. Every film made that has been based on a computer game has been a masterpiece. How these films are ignored at the Oscars I don't know.

cpt_azad
12-31-2004, 05:28 AM
All of them. Every film made that has been based on a computer game has been a masterpiece. How these films are ignored at the Oscars I don't know.

Well, sarcasm aside, I honestly didn't like Mortal Kombat, nor Resident Evil. Can't think of any good ones to name, so I'll just stop. But I guess I can't (nor anyone unless they're involved with the movie) say that this is gonna be a bad movie since it's not even in production yet. Hope for the best.

Formula1
12-31-2004, 06:15 AM

This is sarcasm right ?

cpt_azad
12-31-2004, 06:22 AM
That's exactly what I said, cheese has a very weird sense of humour, usually you can tell when people use Sarcasm, but with cheese, it's totally undetectable :ph34r:

ahctlucabbuS
12-31-2004, 07:39 AM
That's exactly what I said, cheese has a very weird sense of humour, usually you can tell when people use Sarcasm, but with cheese, it's totally undetectable :ph34r:

Bloody hell, he missed the tags.
This is what it's supposed to look like:

[SARCASM]Could be wrong though, all those other videogame adaptions are masterpieces...[/SARCASM OFF]

See, when executed properly sarcasm is easy to tell. ;)

cpt_azad
12-31-2004, 07:53 AM

[SARCASM]Could be wrong though, all those other videogame adaptions are masterpieces...[/SARCASM OFF]

indeed :)

ofbz
12-31-2004, 08:10 AM

wait... hold on... but now you're being sarcastic too.... right... :huh:

so youre being sarcastic about sarcasm....

indeed :)

and now he is being sarcastic about you being sarcastic about..... (you get the point... ) ... kinda confusing isn't it....

on topic:

maybe after adding some nice spy type of plot and giving a cool personality to the main character... it could be a nice movie... kinda like 007

even if it sucks i'd have to give it a try...

cpt_azad
12-31-2004, 08:19 AM
wait... hold on... but now you're being sarcastic too.... right... :huh:

so youre being sarcastic about sarcasm....

and now he is being sarcastic about you being sarcastic about..... (you get the point... ) ... kinda confusing isn't it....

on topic:

maybe after adding some nice spy type of plot and giving a cool personality to the main character... it could be a nice movie... kinda like 007

even if it sucks i'd have to give it a try...

So now you know that I was being sarcastic, therefore Barky was being sarcastic about me being sarcastic about cheese being sarcastic, so we can assume that you too are being sarcastic in the fact that I was being sarcastic about you being sarcastic, you know I know that you know that I know that cheese knows which set off barky knowing about me knowing about cheese followed by the sarcasm displayed by Barky being sarcastic about me being sarcastic. :ermm:

On topic: I agree with ur post.

ofbz
12-31-2004, 08:23 AM
So now you know that I was being sarcastic, therefore Barky was being sarcastic about me being sarcastic about cheese being sarcastic, so we can assume that you too are being sarcastic in the fact that I was being sarcastic about you being sarcastic, you know I know that you know that I know that cheese knows which set off barky knowing about me knowing about cheese followed by the sarcasm displayed by Barky being sarcastic about me being sarcastic. :ermm:

On topic: I agree with ur post.

OMG!!!! stop it!!! im going nuts!!!! :lol: (or im just being sarcastic... :shifty: )

on topic: thank you.

cpt_azad
12-31-2004, 10:00 AM
OMG!!!! stop it!!! im going nuts!!!! :lol: (or im just being sarcastic... :shifty: )

on topic: thank you.

So you MIGHT be sarcastic about the fact that I was sarcastic about barky being sarcastic about cheese using sarcasm, but then again if there's a possibility that you're not being sarcastic then I might not be sarcastic about barky not being sarcastic that cheese wasn't using sarcasm, but then we know that you know that I know that barky knows that cheese was indeed using sarcasm, and I know that you know that I know that you were being sarcastic. :frusty:

on topic: your welcome

Cheese
12-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Do you know what would be really good?

A movie of someone completing the game itself. Throw in the cutscenes and you've got the perfect movie. I'd pay good money to see that.

cpt_azad
12-31-2004, 11:58 AM
u forgot the sarcasm tags again cheese

3RA1N1AC
01-02-2005, 04:20 AM

A movie of someone completing the game itself. Throw in the cutscenes and you've got the perfect movie. I'd pay good money to see that.
that sounds a lot like Uwe Boll's "House Of The Dead," but without the gratuitous Matrix-style 360 degree slow-motion action shots or the gratuitous Matrix-style hippie rave scenes.

btw, the movie industry has seen fit to reward Herr Boll's efforts by financing his film adaptations of Alone In The Dark, Bloodrayne, and Hunter The Reckoning. and they've announced that he will be directing Far Cry. clearly Uwe Boll is the 21st century's equivalent to Fritz Lang or Orson Welles.

cpt_azad
01-02-2005, 07:48 AM
oh man, don't remind me of that brainiac. i watched that movie (HotD) a week ago, man was it bad. the acting was just :no: and how the hell did they get to that cabin with that little firepower, seriously. the story is non-existant too, something about a french or spanish scientist that killed the ppl on the ship he was in and crashed it into the island? damn my head hurts.

3RA1N1AC
01-02-2005, 11:27 AM
oh man, don't remind me of that
too late! i already did!

cpt_azad
01-02-2005, 11:27 AM
lol

bujub22
01-06-2005, 07:00 AM

http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/hammer_2.gif

ofbz
01-06-2005, 07:07 AM
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/hammer_2.gif
w....t....f.... :huh:

now i've seen it all.....

no, seriously... that's like the weirdess smiley ever... not even sure what it means... :lol:

cpt_azad
01-06-2005, 10:55 PM
i think he's a ............... :unsure:

abu_has_the_power
01-08-2005, 07:50 AM
splinter cell the movie. :blink: might be interesting to watch