PDA

View Full Version : tmpgenc crash

sArA
12-29-2004, 12:20 PM
I am trying to encode a movie from avi to mpeg2 using tmpgenc.

Normally no problem, but this particular movie won't open and seems to just crash the program.

The film will run fine on the comp.

ideas anyone?

Vargas
12-29-2004, 01:04 PM
try this in tmpgenc: go to options, then click environmental settings. then on the vfapi plugin tab right click 'directshow multimedia file reader' and choose higher priority. set the priority to 4 or something.

sArA
12-29-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah...done that, and tried uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

It is still crashing.

When I open it, it still shows the last film I encoded too.

I tried different films, seems I have a problem in general not just with the one film.

Using version 2.521

callum
12-30-2004, 12:09 AM
I usually use divfix first to see if the file has bad frames, it will get rid of them if it does.

http://divfix.maxeline.com/index.php?target=showdoc&docid=355

sArA
12-30-2004, 12:12 AM
The film I was interested in encoding just played all the way through using videolan.

This problem of crashing seems to be affecting other movie files too so I doubt if its a corrupt/missing file type problem.

callum
12-30-2004, 12:47 AM
It's best to check all video files before encoding anyway, it can save a lot of wasted time.
It only takes a 30 secs.

sArA
12-30-2004, 12:55 AM
good point :)

accat13
12-31-2004, 12:59 AM
try setting it up like this

1) Open TMPGEnc and press Cancel if Wizard pops up
2) Go to Option->Environmental Setting...->VFAPI plug-in
3) Adjust the plug-in priorities (this is done by right clicking on
the plug-in and choosing Higher priority as many times as
necessary) to match the following:

DirectShow Multimedia File Reader.......3
AVI2(OpenDML) File Reader................1
AVI VFW compatibility Reader.............0
CyberLink MPEG-2 Decoder.................0
Microsoft MPEG-1 Decoder.................0
Wave File Reader..............................0
BMP/PPM/TGA/JPG File Reader...........-2
DVD2AVI Project File Reader 1.76+.....-2*
TMPGEnc Project File Reader 2.58......-2*

4) Press OK
5) Now you can load your XviD AVI into TMPGEnc just like any other
AVI and encode as you wish.

I would also suggest you separate(decompress) the audio from the video using virtual dub http://www.videohelp.com/virtualdubaudio.htm good luck hope this helps

sArA
12-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Thanks....will look into it.

sArA
12-31-2004, 05:11 PM
Tried that...still crashing when trying to open the file... :no:

Adster
01-02-2005, 12:17 AM
You ain't by any chance using a crack?? allot of TMPNce cracks crash the program better to use serial however I think its a codec problem.

videolan isn't a good player too test if a file is ma****to reason is it will play any file flawless no matter how ma****to it is.

it sounds like a codec problem I'm pretty sure I had a similar probably one time an dI had to play around uninstalling codecs and finding the right ones for hours on end drove me crazy.

its not a good idea to install codec packs Ive found its better to install each individual codecs

I take it it crashes when you choose the movie in the browse wizard ?? or does it let you do all that then crash when its about to encode/?

sArA
01-04-2005, 01:39 AM
You ain't by any chance using a crack?? allot of TMPNce cracks crash the program better to use serial however I think its a codec problem.

videolan isn't a good player too test if a file is ma****to reason is it will play any file flawless no matter how ma****to it is.

it sounds like a codec problem I'm pretty sure I had a similar probably one time an dI had to play around uninstalling codecs and finding the right ones for hours on end drove me crazy.

its not a good idea to install codec packs Ive found its better to install each individual codecs

I take it it crashes when you choose the movie in the browse wizard ?? or does it let you do all that then crash when its about to encode/?

Just as soon as I choose a movie....but only some movies. Encoded one yesterday no problem, but others just crash....seems like you might be on to something there Spider....

Could it be a divx codec problem.....? They seem to be the main culprits.

Adster
01-05-2005, 12:36 AM
sara i'm not spider lmao :lol:

XP has problems with DIVX files it needs a certain reg key too delete it.

but yes sounds like a codec problem

what codecs do you have installed?

sArA
01-05-2005, 01:15 PM
sara i'm not spider lmao :lol:

XP has problems with DIVX files it needs a certain reg key too delete it.

but yes sounds like a codec problem

what codecs do you have installed?

Sorry Ad....if you look at the time I posted, I was very stoned and tired at the time....lame excuse but the best I can offer....the ultimate Adism!!!! :lol: :lol:

I have the latest KL codec pack installed.

Adster
01-06-2005, 12:59 AM
to be honest I always had problem with the KL codec pack and frigging SP2 which I had to kill clashes with it!!!

well i have 4 individual codecs which play any movie flawless now.

ac3filter_0_70b

DivX52XP2K

ffdshow

XviD-1.0-RC3

now theres probably later versions of them out now.

now DIVix Pro is the codec I use. I recommend a unistall of KLF codec pack then install the DIVx pro and see if it crashes then... if it does crash then it may seem there is a problem with that video file. but you said it happens with all DIVx movies so I'm pretty sure it is a DIVX problem

sArA
01-06-2005, 01:06 AM
to be honest I always had problem with the KL codec pack and frigging SP2 which I had to kill clashes with it!!!

well i have 4 individual codecs which play any movie flawless now.

ac3filter_0_70b

DivX52XP2K

ffdshow

XviD-1.0-RC3

now theres probably later versions of them out now.

now DIVix Pro is the codec I use. I recommend a unistall of KLF codec pack then install the DIVx pro and see if it crashes then... if it does crash then it may seem there is a problem with that video file. but you said it happens with all DIVx movies so I'm pretty sure it is a DIVX problem

Cheers Ad, will give it a go...and report back :)