PDA

View Full Version : Norton Vs. PC-Cillin

Aurora
12-30-2004, 04:52 PM
What do you think guys?

I get PC-cillin with the motherboard. Shall I just use that or Norton is better solution?

Snee
12-30-2004, 04:55 PM
You could do neither and get kaspersky or something.

Aurora
12-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Oh, never heard of it. I'll look into it.

I need something lite for computer and easy to use.

{I}{K}{E}
12-30-2004, 05:04 PM
I prefer Symantec Corp. edition

RPerry
12-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Its a matter of personal preference I believe, but I would never trust in only one anti-virus. I have found that just about any one can miss some things another will catch. I use NSW with auto-protect enabled, and I also use a couple of others just to run manual scans ;)

Snee
12-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Oh, never heard of it. I'll look into it.

I need something lite for computer and easy to use.
Well, I have symantech Corp installed on one OS, and Kaspersky personal on another. IMO both whip Norton's arse and prolly PC-cillin's as well, tho' I haven't used that in years, and Norton leaves a mess, I was gonna say, but I got distracted.

I usually use NOD32's standalone scanner and pc-cillin's online scanner for a second opinion, as well.

digmen1
12-30-2004, 05:52 PM
I hate Norton anything as they tend to take over your machine !

Regards

Digby

They are all useless unless you update them every day !

Money Fist
12-30-2004, 06:25 PM
i say go for Norton!

there company has the more ca$h
more employees

so im sure there (almost) always up-to-date on the very latest virus's out

also they made that cool blaster worm fix
i got hit hard by that fukin worm

Snee
12-30-2004, 06:54 PM
i say go for Norton!

there company has the more ca$h
more employees

so im sure there (almost) always up-to-date on the very latest virus's out

also they made that cool blaster worm fix
i got hit hard by that fukin worm

Symantech n' Norton is pretty much the same thing, 'cept the fact that Symantech Corp leaves less of a mess in general, and uses less resources.

And I think KAV has been proven to be more effective as well.

lee551
12-30-2004, 06:57 PM
imho norton blows ass. we use it at school and it cant do shit. every time it even manages to find a virus it doesn't fix it. it just tells you about it. my pc-cillin hasn't let me down yet. :01:

Chewie
12-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Its a matter of personal preference I believe, but I would never trust in only one anti-virus. I have found that just about any one can miss some things another will catch. I use NSW with auto-protect enabled, and I also use a couple of others just to run manual scans ;)
This is the best policy when using any preferred anti-virus; not just to spot missed viruses but also to eliminate 'false-positives'
Personally I use Kaspersky v5 Personal and Symantec's online once a month.

Just as a matter of interest RP, have you had many occasions when your 'second opinion' scan has highlighted a problem Norton has mssed?

johannes001
12-30-2004, 08:52 PM
OK can anyone recommend a virus scanner that is good but more importantly REALLY low on resource. Norton has far to much graphical crap that slows down the comp. not to mention the mess.

Thanks,

Chewie
12-30-2004, 10:51 PM
OK can anyone recommend a virus scanner that is good but more importantly REALLY low on resource. Norton has far to much graphical crap that slows down the comp. not to mention the mess.

Thanks,
Kaspersky v5 Personal

tesco
12-30-2004, 10:53 PM
pc-cillin. :01:

i agree with lee551, "norton blows ass."

peat moss
12-30-2004, 11:02 PM
I prefer Symantec Corp. edition

Thats my recommendation too ! :)