PDA

View Full Version : LimeWire Pro / Ares

LilAznAccommodator
01-01-2005, 07:15 AM
I was just curious.. For OVERALL statistitcs (Files{Pictures/Movies/Audio/Appz}) what would be the better choice LimeWire Pro or Ares/Ares Lite?

Frohike
01-01-2005, 10:58 AM
If you've got WinXP, don't bother with Ares Lite, It's not like KLite, it's just a version of Ares for people who don't have XP, it's just cut down a bit ;)

Overall, I'd say Ares is the greater program - Nice speeds and a healthy selection of files.

nsane
01-01-2005, 02:06 PM
i'll second that, i personally find ares good for older apps and games. plus, it has nice selction of MP3s :)

but, if your wanting the newer stuff. use emule or bittorrent as most new releases/files are on those networks first ;)

@frohike - the x-files rock :lol:

Frohike
01-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks :D Of course it would have been better if they made me the star of the show and gave me more lines.

Agreed on Bittorrent, sadly Ares isn't exactly great for new releases.

bigwig
01-05-2005, 11:46 AM
I'd say go for limewire. you will find a lot more there. but as the other guys said earlier the newest realeses always ends up on bittorrent or emule first.

digmen1
01-07-2005, 02:14 AM
Yes Limewire has more files on it, but if you queue a file on Limewire it will take much longer to get it than on Ares.

Ares only seems to return search results of files you have a good change of getting.

So please share more files on Ares !

Expire
01-07-2005, 02:18 AM
i'll second that, i personally find ares good for older apps and games. plus, it has nice selction of MP3s :)

but, if your wanting the newer stuff. use emule or bittorrent as most new releases/files are on those networks first ;)

@frohike - the x-files rock :lol:

if im right about emule be prepared for long cues to get most files.

but that might just be me who cant configure the app right

Samurai
01-07-2005, 03:45 AM
but that might just be me who cant configure the app right

It is :)

Expire
01-07-2005, 04:12 AM
It is :)

it is which one? slow, or me being a thick shit??