PDA

View Full Version : Tv Out

cooky
03-31-2003, 07:27 PM
Since updating to xp I can not get my tv out working downloaded new nview driver and updated directx.

The problem I have is I can see my desktop on my TV but when I play a film you cannot see picture but you can here sound.

Please help I want to watch Daredevil.
Cheers Lee

Skillian
03-31-2003, 07:34 PM
I had this problem and found 2 ways to fix it:

1) if you are using clone view (within nview) to transmit the picture, set the TV as the primary display. This means that you will now get no video on your monitor, but it will appear on the TV.

2) If you are using XP, you can use it's multiple monitors feature (in display properties). Hook your TV to your video card, reboot and go into display properties --> settings.
You should see a representation of 2 displays. Right click the second and make sure "attached" is checked (but you don't have to set it as primary display).
Then look to the bottom of the dialogue box and check "extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor". Press OK.
You can then send any application (including your video player) to the second monitor (TV), which means you can carry on working in Windows or anything else on your monitor. This is the set up I use, for exactly this reason.

Beanz
03-31-2003, 11:02 PM
Recently had exactly the same problem with my Radeon 9000 card. Before that i had a Rage Fury Pro which worked perfect.

Anyway as stated above, all i had to do is set my TV as the primary display, but i also found that i could in fact set both my TV and Monitor as Primary Display to get the video picture playing on both.

L8r.

cooky
04-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Tried to set my desktop to tv but all I am getting is my desktop background.
When I play a film I can hear the sound coming out of the tv but no picture.

Geforce 2 is crap.

Beanz
04-01-2003, 06:15 PM
If you haven't already done so - Right click on ya desktop, choose Properties.
Go to Settings and then Advanced.
On mine i then have a Tab called Displays, if i click on that it has options for my Monitor and TV with a button for choosing Primary Display.
I just set BOTH as Primary.

Have a look hopefully it may help.

Just otherwise seems odd that i had 100% exactly the same problem and fixed it as said above.

L8r.

cooky
04-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Tried this beanz but I have problems with my cursor going onto tv and no cursor on my monitor, computer seems to get confused. I found it hard to get back to normal after doing this and had to have my girlfriend shout left right up and down to get it to restore to original settings.

Tried software called tvtool which solves the problem but it is shareware and only lasts for 15 minutes. Had crack off kazaa but find it hard to work out how to enter it. Will keep trying cheers Cooky.

chrhein
04-10-2003, 06:53 PM
go into windows media player, then properties, then turn hardware acceleration down to medium. then it works, i had the same problem. You can find the hardware acceleration under one of the pages in properties

ejunkie
04-11-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by cooky@31 March 2003 - 20:27
Since updating to xp I can not get my tv out working downloaded new nview driver and updated directx.

The problem I have is I can see my desktop on my TV but when I play a film you cannot see picture but you can here sound.

Please help I want to watch Daredevil.
Cheers Lee
i have also had thisproblem and i fixed it in media player by going to option, then perfomance tag, anothe button sauning advanced, and in there you should find a setting saying use overlays. ifit is checked then uncheck it. this should solve it. this also works on any other media players u use if it has an overlay setting.

ejunkie
04-11-2003, 02:49 AM
my spellin is shit cause i am pissed,but iknow what i amonabout, i think. wheres my bed

mcrosby
04-11-2003, 02:52 AM
Mmmm, sounds like a problem with Direct Draw...

Direct Draw places an image on your monitor, but bypasses a lot of processor functions. Check your direct draw properties within your media player and multimedia settings (direct x for instance), or try another media player. You could also try upgrading your media player.

chrhein
04-24-2003, 03:41 PM
i have a problem of my own now! After sending my media player to the tv screen, i cant watch it full screen. When i choose full screan, the window on the tv disapears, and the full screan goes to the pc screen... weird

Spindulik
04-25-2003, 03:29 AM
Click this link. It may help answer your question.
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=31&t=28761 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=31&t=28761)