PDA

View Full Version : dvd shrink

baccyman
01-01-2005, 10:45 PM
does anybody know where i can get an older version of dvd shrink . i have been using 3.2 but i am having problems with it . i can shrink the movie that i am making a back up copy of . but when it comes to burn it (using nero) i keep getting a message that says that the disc that i am using is not empty and to load an empty disc. i have also tried to burn it using dvd decrypter but that does not respond.

thanks baccyman

NikkiD
01-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Just curious, and I'm sure you've tried it... Have you been able to rip the files to a folder instead of burning them, and then opened nero separately to burn it? That would tell you if it's nero or dvdshrink. :unsure:

You can get older versions here:

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/dvdshrinkold/

baccyman
01-01-2005, 11:19 PM
the way that i have been doing things is to use dvd decryter that has created a file on my c drive then i have used dvd shrink to shrink the files to a folder that i have named as dvd files . then i shut down dvd decrypter and dvd shrink then open nero to burn . but nero keeps saying that the disc is not empty . i managed to do six films with no problem then it has started to play up . i think i got an updated version of dvd shrink.

thanks for the reply

Virtualbody1234
01-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Restart your PC.

Try another disk or another brand of media.

The problem cannot be DVD Shrink. It's Nero that does the writing.

fkdup74
01-02-2005, 02:25 AM
The problem cannot be DVD Shrink. It's Nero that does the writing.

amen to that :)
granted, i am gonna give nero another go, but....
it seems to always do that...burn a few then quit :blink:
the best way, for me anyway....
is to just take dvd decrypter & nero out of the equation for starters....
dvd shrink will do VOBs or ISOs and remove all the unwanted stuff
(macrovision, region, etc)
try making a DVD ISO with dvd shrink, then use alcohol to burn it :D
thats what i do, but thats just me :P

baccyman
01-02-2005, 12:06 PM
i think that part of the problem might be that i tried to burn a disc using the dvd decrypter option and that did not shut down properly . maybe this has caused the problem . i will also try using a different writing software.

thanks for the replys