PDA

View Full Version : Making Image Files

orcutt989
01-02-2005, 04:37 AM
Now I dont mean what first comes to mind. I dont simply mean making an Image of a cd, such as an ISO or a BIN, but placing a group of files, into a program, that will put those files together into an ISO file, or BIN file so I can mount it, and have it autorun and stuff. Is there such a program? I already tried IsoBuster, and all that is good for is looking at ISO files and extracting stuff.

Why I need to do this is because I downloaded a game, that contained 2 rar files, but what was contained in each of the 2 rar files was a folder which was for the corresponding cd of the game ((IE CD 1, 2)), and there were just files from the CD's, as if they had extracted the files from the CD itself. There is no image to be found. So any help would be gracious!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a program titled "Ultra Iso" now I just need to find a serial for it!

fkdup74
01-02-2005, 04:46 AM
quick question.....
do you, by any chance, have winrar set to associate with ISO files?
no. you said they were in folders in the archives...
a true ISO would just be the file i think, unless it had sub directories in the ISO :blink:

anyway, i think you can do it with nero, wait for a nero user to reply
or theres WinISO, or UltraISO
think theres a couple others i cant think of right now

orcutt989
01-02-2005, 05:19 AM
No I do not have winrar associated with ISO files, I dont know why, I just like having separate programs for that. I am using Ultra Iso right now, it worked great. But there is one problem. When I tried to mount the images, and the autorun launched, and i selected "english" and then i clicked "install" a pop up, came up saying "please insert disk 1"....BUT IT IS. "It must be some sort of protection.." I thought to myself. So I enabled the 3 settings in Alcohol that counter act many types of Disk Protection, but to no avail.... The same thing happened. I dont know what do do now..

accat13
01-02-2005, 01:12 PM
just curious but have you tried looking for a "no cd patch" for the backup copy of your game ;)

fkdup74
01-02-2005, 03:50 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, I found a program titled "Ultra Iso" now I just need to find a serial for it!

PM sent
and yeah, try gettin a no-cd patch, may help

orcutt989
01-02-2005, 05:13 PM
No that isn't what I am talking about. It is when I am installing the game I have the "Please Insert CD 1" problem.

orcutt989
01-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Help!

orcutt989
01-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Okay, I found out it uses SafeDisc2.8. But this doesnt mean anything to me, on the count of because all I have are the files from the CD's, and the ISO files I made from them. I am stuck in a rut. I tried mounting the Image files I made, and then I tried using Alchohol to make Images from those. ((An Image from an Image, I know it is redundant, but it is all I could do)). I dont know what I can do now! :(

cellardoor
03-14-2005, 04:44 AM
You could've also just dragged all the files from cd 1 and chose "make bootable disk" from nero. Then did the same for cd2

tesco
03-14-2005, 03:10 PM
You could've also just dragged all the files from cd 1 and chose "make bootable disk" from nero. Then did the same for cd2
And what would be the point in having a bootable disc? :huh:

fkdup74
03-14-2005, 03:31 PM
And what would be the point in having a bootable disc? :huh:

well...if it doesnt work...you can always....GIVE IT THE BOOT! :01:

:sick: starting off the day with bad jokes :sick:

:P

silent h3ro
03-14-2005, 04:04 PM
well...if it doesnt work...you can always....GIVE IT THE BOOT! :01:

:sick: starting off the day with bad jokes :sick:

:P :lol:

orcutt989
03-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Haha. I posted this a long time ago. Since then I have been using Ultra Iso, which works great in making ISO Files from groups of files. I did this for a Rosetta Stone Language Suite that I got from Emule. The person ripped all the files from the cd, and put them into a RAR file. Very stupid, so I put them all into an ISO, so I could mount it when the program asked for a CD.