PDA

View Full Version : New to Newsgroups

orcutt989
01-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Alright, I have downloaded Grab-It, and tried to use the addresses that my ISP provides, and it just always says, "failed to connect" or something like that. But I am able to search. When I search, say "Half Life 2" I get tons of posts, but then when I double click on one, it goes to the transfers window, but it keeps saying "failed to connect.." I dont know what to do!

Filliz
01-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Just a guess:
Did you check the box "This server requires login" and filled in your login and password to your ISP?

RealitY
01-02-2005, 07:51 PM
I would guess you have entered the wrong addy, call your ISP and make sure you have the correct one. You will be still be able to search anyway because GrabIt is connecting elsewhere for the Search funtion not through your ISP server as when you dl files. Also most ISP use IP authenication so generally passward is not needed or required then...

macca22
09-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Sometimes Change the port to 443 helps

photikori
10-02-2006, 03:42 AM
damn i can never find free usenet anymore. i remember a certain website which is legal and whatever that talk about games. one of the forum administrator knew someone and had a special promotion going on. i think it was 3 days, ful leeching, no cap, no nothing. that was a nice 3 days. full access to all binaries too har har

RealitY
10-02-2006, 04:51 AM
special promotion going on. i think it was 3 days, ful leeching, no cap, no nothing. that was a nice 3 days. full access to all binaries too har har
http://www.giganews.com/?a=fst