PDA

View Full Version : PS2 to USB adapter- do you have it?

Burre
01-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Hi,

I have the Play.com PS2 to USB converter( it makes you able to use a PS2 controller for PC gaming), but I lost the disc with the software.. :(

Does anyone know where I can get it, or help me out with it? I would really appreciate it..

iMartin
01-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Go to your local RadioShack, they have them there.

peat moss
01-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Or read here.

Hiya everyone, just registered here for this specific post regarding the play.com adaptor. Hopefully it will help some of you guys out with problems!

The adaptor does work fine with WinXP so long as you DO NOT install the drivers that come on the CD! The only drawback of course then is that you do not get the rumble part of the adaptor working (I am looking into a solution to this myself at the moment).

If you have one of these adaptors and have installed the drivers off the CD on WinXP then you can uninstall these drivers and go back to the 'standard' windows drivers by running the following command from the start -> Run box in your start menu:

C:WINDOWSSystem32 undll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 K:setupusbpadzz.inf

(ALL One Line!!!) Change the K: reference to point to the drive letter where you have got the driver disk in.

Still bloody annoying I aint got the rumble working though, tried loads of differnet drivers for it too now.
link: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91162&page=2

orcutt989
01-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Wait, does he mean Playstation 2, or does he mean PS/2 as in PS/2 connection..as in like Peripheral port?

tesco
01-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Wait, does he mean Playstation 2, or does he mean PS/2 as in PS/2 connection..as in like Peripheral port?

Play.com PS2 to USB converter( it makes you able to use a PS2 controller for PC gaming)
:P

Burre
01-02-2005, 10:21 PM
uhm.. that doesnt really help, I lost the disk, so I don't have any driver at all...

what I need is for someone to help me out with a driver file for this..

I have the adaptrer bought and payed, why else would I need the driver? but I need help from someone who has the same adapter....

DarthInsinuate
01-02-2005, 11:19 PM
i have it, i could probably just copy the drivers off the CD and e-mail them to you, but i don't have the disc at here with me - remind me of this thread next Sunday and i'll send them to you

tesco
01-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Find out what company makes it and email them asking for the drivers.

Burre
01-02-2005, 11:33 PM
It's made by play.com, I already e-mailed them, but they wont answer!! grrr....

Darthinsinuate, That would be really nice. :)

peat moss
01-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Drivers here bottom of page:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-28-link-71-6m-70-gt.html#links

Burre
01-03-2005, 12:51 PM
THX a lot, but I actually just found the disc, LOL. Playing warrior within with it right now. :) who said the best console was Xbox? ;)