PDA

View Full Version : Desktop not showing up

bigdawgfoxx
01-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Me and mattesca are working on his gfs computer. It has like 5 different accounts on it. The administrator account has almost all services diabled, so I enabled the network connections one to use the ethernet controller, and its FINALLY working after we manually set up the IP settings and all of that...cuz it wouldnt detect by itself. So needless to say this computer has many problems lol. The start bar also just stops working sometime...its wierd...but now when we try to sign on to the administrator account it doesnt show anything...task manager will come up and all that but the desktop and start menu are gone...I have tired Window Key+E to get My Copmuter, but it wont work...but task manager comes up...its kinda wierd...any ideas?...also if u want a cool video of us making sparkler bombs...low lowww quality only like 3Mbs to send to people...the mpeg2 format is 120Mbs lol so its very low quality...i know change of subject haha

tesco
01-03-2005, 09:06 PM
ya send the video. :D :lol:

to get the desktop to show try going to task manager then clicking file>new task>type 'explorer.exe'>press enter.

and why don't you just enable all the default services...could fix some problems. :rolleyes:

mattesca
01-03-2005, 09:23 PM
How can i enable all the default services...i tried to find a way but couldnt...and i tried typing explorer.exe but nothin would work..

tesco
01-03-2005, 09:36 PM
you can get a registry file here (http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/registry.htm) that resets the services to default. has xp home and pro.

mattesca
01-03-2005, 10:55 PM
That link wont work..nor will vipers website...when i need it bad lol

tesco
01-03-2005, 11:16 PM
That link wont work..nor will vipers website...when i need it bad lol
they works for me. :huh:

zapjb
01-04-2005, 12:39 AM
If....it's causing hrs of probs. I suggest a clean install.

orcutt989
01-04-2005, 01:29 AM
It sounds like Explorer.exe isnt running. Does it says Explorer.exe in the Window Task Manager? Maybe he just needs to end his explorer.exe, and then doing File>>New Task>>Explorer.exe. It might help?

bigdawgfoxx
01-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Yah it says its running and i end it and rerun it, but doesnt work...we just reformated..thanks for you help guys.

orcutt989
01-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Yah it says its running and i end it and rerun it, but doesnt work...we just reformated..thanks for you help guys.

Sorry it had to come to that. And everyone here says **You are welcome.

mattesca
01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Well just for a small update the computer is running just fine, only need a video driver and it should be all set.......thanks for yalls help again

trajillo
01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
YEAH

orcutt989
01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Well just for a small update the computer is running just fine, only need a video driver and it should be all set.......thanks for yalls help again

Haha that is funny. It just randomly decided to work?