PDA

View Full Version : codec request...

TheDave
01-04-2005, 12:49 PM
i'm not really sure what i'm on about here.

i had a tv card in my pc and installed the official pctv drivers and tv viewer/capture program.

then i did the same with my second pc (moved the card). i ripped a movie with it which plays on both pcs. however it wont play on my sisters which never had the card so therefore the software.

none of the mega codec pack codecs let her see the video. i'm gonna see if i can partially install the stuff on her pc, anyone know if i can copy anything from my windows folder to make it cleaner?

maybe you should put it in the next codec pack just for me :whistling:

TheDave
01-04-2005, 01:01 PM
nevermind. i just install the card drivers and choose not to install the card :huh:

muchspl2
01-04-2005, 10:31 PM
should have tried videolan, your card must use some proprietory codec, you should be able to change it :unsure:

HailAntonLaVey
01-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Youre main problem is when you install the software,you install the codecs name brand codecs that came with your card to play the videos ripped.You say tried installing "ACE mEgA CoDeCs" to play the video.Well you will notice that there are a few DV codecs and codecs that come with video capture cards.First off what media player are you using to play the videos,what capture card are you using and 3rd try to update her media software along with any codecs she needs.I.E realplayer has "real codecs",WMP has "WMP codecs" and so forth.Then again the format you save the video in has something to do with how and what the video will play on.Tell then adieu