PDA

View Full Version : http://www.EpiTorrent.org

Zee_Epi
01-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey,

I was one half of the Admin over at NexTorrents, some of youm ay have visited it, and i know laot of ppl liked it. But as it had so much trouble with staying online, and had 3 MAJOR down times in only 1 week. I decided to go my own way, nd try and create a great source for torrents, with no banners and all that crap (not for a long time anyways). I have just finished setting up my domains, and everything seems to be working fine now, I have bought 3 domains for EpiTorrent (mainly because i didnt want a scam site popping up in the future, remember Suprnova). Please come and visit us, and let me know what you think in our forums, remember i have just this minute got everything set up, so i am begining to upload a few torrent, WE NEED UPLOADERS, so if any of you think you can help us, please send me a message once you have regisered.

http://www.EpiTorrent.org (Main Site)

http://www.EpiTorrent.com (Re-Direct)

http://www.EpiTorrentForums.net (Re-Direct To Our Forums)

Thanks For Your Time :D
Z

RealitY
01-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Might want to shrink that banner and good luck I guess...

muchspl2
01-05-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm not signing up for any site, fuck off and open it for everyone, at least till you have established yourself as worthy of people signing up
you guys are fucking ridiculous making people sign up for no reason IMO.
sorry to come off rude but I refuse to sign up unless I deem it worthy, a new site just opening its doors will never be.

RealitY
01-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Thats a valid point, why the signup this early...

monkeyman1
01-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Place looks great good job

FinalTheorem
01-05-2005, 01:55 AM
Well, 5 torrents doesn't seem like much to entice users to join. If you're an admin over there, maybe consider making it open for the first few months, then changing it to a member only affair. Just a suggestion that might get you a few more torrents to start out with.

freak
01-05-2005, 02:29 AM
I'd rather be a member of an exclusive site and not open to the public... Great job Z the site looks great...

matt526
01-05-2005, 04:44 AM
oh! its up to 7 Torrents now office 2003 is one of them so Im going to give it a try

this could be a good site if they can find a way to get more good quility torrents. I'm willing to give it a try for a while.

muchspl2
01-05-2005, 04:47 AM
:no:

Zee_Epi
01-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback, i know some of you think i should take the registeration off, but i am trying to build a PRIVATE community, not a public one like Suprnova was. Also i need ppl to have accounts to make sure ppl arn't just leechers, and actually help the site by uploading. We just need to get some more Uploaders, once this is done, the torrents will grow quickly. If anyone thinks they can help, please get intouch.

Thanks
Z

killer04
01-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Hi,

The site seems nice but too bad only one anime torrent :( . I'd also rather be a member to an exclusive torrent site rather than a public one.

Zee_Epi
01-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah i know i will put the rest of the series of Trigun online if i see a few ppl download the first episode.

Z

Zee_Epi
01-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Hey,

:helpsmili We Still Need More Uploaders :helpsmili

So if anyone has connections faster than 25-30K then please send me a message, and i will make you an uploader. We are growing by the day so keep checking back.

Thanks
Z

matt526
01-06-2005, 05:32 AM
seems to be growing fast
still need more Torrents though

Yogi
01-06-2005, 09:18 AM
I signed up, just in case...... :P

But 25 torrents???? :(

And "spamming" other torrentsites with empty torrents doesn't come off

too friendly, imho.......... :no:

yogi

(>Zero Cool<)
01-06-2005, 10:24 AM
emmmm when you 'borrow' the code for your site from elsewhere it's usually a good idea to remove any reference to the original site... :rolleyes:

e.g.

''Before you start using torrentbits we urge you to read the ''

oops :blushing:

:lol:

hope the site goes well. :)

I agree with the others I prefer a private restricted membership site. Keeps the seeder leecher ratio healthy :)

p.s. back to the forty eight hour wait.....hurumph :crying:

bigwig
01-06-2005, 12:22 PM
there is actually no wait time. just try and download the torrent and start it up in your torrent program and you will se.

DrBeerMan
01-06-2005, 02:32 PM
signed up, but failed to receive sign up email? and no its not my spam guard! no email has been sent...

matt526
01-06-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't think you need it
just try and log in
it should work

Peerzy
01-06-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm not signing up for any site, fuck off and open it for everyone, at least till you have established yourself as worthy of people signing up
you guys are fucking ridiculous making people sign up for no reason IMO.
sorry to come off rude but I refuse to sign up unless I deem it worthy, a new site just opening its doors will never be.

Yes, tell me what was better? Torrentbits or Suprnova lets have a look:

Release Time:

TB: 30-60mins after pre time
SN: 1-2 Days

Speed:

TB: Very high standard on torrents just over 6 hours old
SN: Slow untill most leechers are done.

Fakes/Viri

TB: Never/No
SN: Renamed files, fake files, virii

Banners/Popups?

TB: Never
SN: Yes, all the time

Leechers?

TB: No, leechers were banned and ratio system was used
SN: Yes, no way of stopping leechers and no ratio system.

The only reason Muchspl2 refuses to signup for places is he likes the places such as Suprnova where he's happy to leech away and not upload or keep a good ratio.

Zee_Epi
01-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey,

You dont need to activate your e-mail to log into our site once registered now. It was just adding extra load onto the server that isnt needed.

Thanks
Z

matt526
01-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Well EpiTorrent.org seems to be down
I hope not for good because it was growing fast

muchspl2
01-07-2005, 03:39 AM
Yes, tell me what was better? Torrentbits or Suprnova lets have a look:

Release Time:

TB: 30-60mins after pre time
SN: 1-2 Days

Speed:

TB: Very high standard on torrents just over 6 hours old
SN: Slow untill most leechers are done.

Fakes/Viri

TB: Never/No
SN: Renamed files, fake files, virii

Banners/Popups?

TB: Never
SN: Yes, all the time

Leechers?

TB: No, leechers were banned and ratio system was used
SN: Yes, no way of stopping leechers and no ratio system.

The only reason Muchspl2 refuses to signup for places is he likes the places such as Suprnova where he's happy to leech away and not upload or keep a good ratio.
this is not true, I had good ratio at TB and my emporium is 2 something, I don't like the fact he makes people sign up for no reason other than to boost his #'s, he would have done better having it free and open till he had a following, then close it.
how many torrents do you seed a month/week/year?
you don't know me so how can you make that statment.

matt526
01-07-2005, 03:47 AM
What?

Skydragon
01-07-2005, 04:28 AM
Uh oh, site dead again =\

matt526
01-07-2005, 04:59 AM
Zee_Epi told me that he was changing acounts and will backup in 1-2 hours

Zee_Epi
01-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey,

Sorry about that, i had to move servers, it should all be working fine again.

Z

gutties
01-07-2005, 10:31 AM
sorry, zee, still getting epitorrent.org not found on firefox and explorer, whats up? (or down?):confused:

Zee_Epi
01-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey,

It is deffinitly working because i have had a few more sign up since being back up, the DNS on the domain must of just havent updated yet where you are in the world, it shouldnt take too long tho.

Z

Yogi
01-07-2005, 11:56 AM
It's dead.

And why dont i get a reply on my registration????

Zee_Epi
01-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey,

Like i said i am seeing ppl registering on it, so it cant be dead, its working fine for me, the DNS just hasnt updated where you are yet. This is only temporary, i have just bought another hosting account, i am waiting for the details to come through.

Thanks
Z

killer04
01-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Yes it isnt dead. Working fine for me too

matt526
01-07-2005, 02:43 PM
working for me just uploaded Nero 6

apollooff320
01-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Why does my Protowall keeps blocking me from getting into your site? It doesn't do this to TB2 or any other torrent site I try to vist.

*EDIT* it finally went through

Zee_Epi
01-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Hey,

We have ran into a few small problems, i am just waiting for the DNS to update, shud only take an hour or so, then i will restore the back-up, we wont be down for long at all.

Thanks
Z

Zee_Epi
01-08-2005, 11:42 PM
we are back online!

Hazardous
01-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Still says "The website is currently under construction. It will be online soon." for me

Zee_Epi
01-09-2005, 01:16 AM
The DNS must not have updated for you yet, that was on my prevous server, it is definitly up and running as people are registering and posting in our forums. Just wait a little bit it wont take long to update for you. ;-D

Thanks
Z

(>Zero Cool<)
01-09-2005, 03:52 AM
we are back online!

but some of the torrents have disappeared :crying:

btw thanks for keeping us up to date with the comings and goings of the site, it is much easier to work with a site when you know what is going on. :01:

bigwig
01-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Doesn't work for me. Says under construction.

Zee_Epi
01-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey,

It should deffinitly update soon, i can see it all working and users are uploading otrrent etc. I changed the DNS a few hours ago so it shouldnt take long :-D

Thanks
Z

mogadishu
01-10-2005, 02:22 AM
seems like the same story as nextorrents. I was an uploader there and uploaded a bunch to help it in the beggining.. sorry but why should we expect anything different than what happened to nextorrents?

Zee_Epi
01-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Hey,

The reason why you should have more trust in EpiTorrent is because it was Top Cod3r who was in control of BOTH the nextorrents domain AND hosting account, which means whenever it went down i couldn't do anything to help, not even point the DNS on it to a temporary page to let ppl kno what was happening because it was Top Cod3r who had the final say. I own EpiTorrents, i also have between 5-8 hosting accounts set up to this domain on different servers, which means if one of them crashes or gets a DDoS attack, all i have to do is point the DNS on our domain to a different hosting account on another server and restore the back up. I will not give up like some people. That is why i created EpiTorrent once i knew NexTorrents wasn't returning.

Thanks
Z

mogadishu
01-10-2005, 05:31 AM
just out of curiosity, how are you paying for all of this? 5-8 hosting accounts must cost a crapload. Are you going to sell ads or rely only on donations?

Zee_Epi
01-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Hey,

I am willing to put my money into it at the begining to start it al off, then in the future i will have to rely on alot of donations, i dont want to put ANY ads up, until i have no choice and am forced to, which should be a while off still.

Thanks
Z

pirpu
01-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Online Since 2005-01-09
Registered users 2,931
Torrents 66
Peers 138
Seeders 70
Leechers 68
Seeder/leecher ratio (%) 103
Total Downloaded 292.29 GB
Total Uploaded 309.56 GB
---------------------------------
Good start :)

mogadishu
01-11-2005, 03:19 AM
at this point i see now reason not to use torrentspy. works just as good as suprnova. If i want a torrentbits type site, elitetorrents seems good.

Zee_Epi
01-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Well I suppose everyone has there favourites.

Zee_Epi
01-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey,

We ran into a few problems, the server it was on suddenly crashed. But luckily i have a few hosting accounts, so i am just waiting for the DNS to update, So it shouldnt take long to do that, then it will back online, fully restored the way it was before it went down. :D

Thanks
Z

Zee_Epi
01-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Its Up & Working Fine :D

Zee_Epi
01-12-2005, 05:36 PM
What are you talking about?. EpiTorrent is a FREE torrent site, we dont charge anything. And NEVER will.

Thanks
Z

Zee_Epi
01-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Hey,

I do not do anything that have been quoted by OTHER people, i say us, as i dont look at the site as just mine, its everyone's, as everyone helps to contibute. I do not charge ANYTHING for the use of EpiTorrent, and i dont plan to, i dont even expect donations anytime soon, as i have everything under control already with the server, ADS and donations are a LAST resort, but that is far far away. I would of thought people would be happy with someone making a new torrent website with so many going down, not try and tarnish their reputation before they have even started :dry:

Thanks
Z

Zee_Epi
01-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Yes, but you must know that any torrent site would need at some point to request for a donation or find a way in ADS, as time goes on server loads get higher with more people visiting. But like i said that will not happen anytime soon.

Thanks
Z

Zee_Epi
01-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Hey,

We are still growing by the day, but we need more uploaders to help us grow more, if anyone wants to help out, please get intouch with me either by e-mail or through the site.

Thanks
Z

Zee_Epi
01-16-2005, 03:45 AM
Hey,

We are holding a logo contest, to change to overall look of EpiTorrent, if any of you are good at graphics please consider entering.

Thanks
Z

Zee_Epi
01-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey,

If there are any good photoshop wizards here that could help design a new logo for EpiTorrent, please post in our forum or contact me.

Thanks
Z

Zee_Epi
01-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey,

Is anyone good at graphics here, who would like to help make EpiTorrent's new logo?.

If so please post here or get intouch.

Thanks
Z

Zee_Epi
01-20-2005, 02:03 AM
Hey,

I dont know what your problem is with EpiTorrent, but you should check your facts, as that donate button has ALWAYS been there since we have been online. I dont expect anyone to donate, but if people wish to do so, thats why its there.

Thanks
Z

manker
01-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey,

I think Epitorrents is great and I encourage people to donate.*

Thanks
M

* In keeping with Zee_Epi's style of post, I mean exactly the opposite of what I type.

DrBeerMan
01-23-2005, 07:11 PM
hey Z whats the status eta on when it will be back up??

Zee_Epi
01-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey,

Our account got suspended on our main server, so we had to move. But everything is now back up and working fine. Just thought i would update you all on the situation. :D

Thanks
Z

matt526
01-25-2005, 03:49 PM
where did http://www.EpiTorrent.org go, I hope they come back soon

Zee_Epi
01-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Hey,

We had to move servers as our old one was blocking our tracker and everyone was un-connectable. It is all back up and running, if it still isnt showing for you, then the DNS probably hasnt updated where you are yet, but that shouldn't take long.

Thanks
Z

Peerzy
01-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Just wondering how long this jumping from server to server will continue, i use to visit the ste every day, now i just can't be bothered to checkas last few times its been down.

Zee_Epi
01-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Hey,

Well as you know Torrent/Warez site are illegal, and our account got suspended, because they noticed us on their server, there's isnt really much i can do about that. Plus the longest we have been offline in 2 weeks has been 2 hours!!

It is up to you if you want to visit us.

Thanks
Z

Peerzy
01-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey,

Well as you know Torrent/Warez site are illegal, and our account got suspended, because they noticed us on their server, there's isnt really much i can do about that. Plus the longest we have been offline in 2 weeks has been 2 hours!!

It is up to you if you want to visit us.

Thanks
Z

Just starts getting annoying, sites like www.torrentbits2.org www.torrentleech.org and www.torrentspy.com all have more users yet none of them have server issues, and hosting a torrent site is totally legal.

Zee_Epi
01-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Hey,

Yes i know and everything should be stable from now on, hosting torrent sites are legal, but when hosting companies find out that there are copyrighted material on these sites they suspend the account, and we move. But like i said this server seems alot more stable than the others we have used in the past.

Thanks
Z

The Reverand
01-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Non-registered users should be allowed to browse the files before joining. For all I know, you could just have 3000 torrents of My Little Pony comic books...

I understand that registrations work better because you can keep an eye on ratios, but surely there is a way to make the torrents browsable to non-registered users?

Zee_Epi
01-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey,

Well i was thinking about that, and i will allow users to view are torrent very soon, so then if they like something they see, they can then register before being able to download the torrent.

Thanks
Z

ricochet
01-30-2005, 05:44 PM
I had an account with EP but when the server went down I was not able to access it anymore and when i resigned up that wouldn't work. I tried to PM Zee_Epi but that didn't work ( no response ) so I no longer can use the site.

Zee_Epi
02-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey,

Im sorry i dont remember getting a message from you, was it through this site?.

What is/was your username? I will confirm the account for you so you can log inn straight away

Thanks & Sorry About The Confusion
Z

monkeyman1
02-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Non-registered users should be allowed to browse the files before joining. For all I know, you could just have 3000 torrents of My Little Pony comic books...

I understand that registrations work better because you can keep an eye on ratios, but surely there is a way to make the torrents browsable to non-registered users?
If you look at the rss feed you can tell what is being uploaded.

The Reverand
02-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Fair point Monkeyman, I didn't know that.

Zee, I'm gonna register now, you seem like a nice guy :D

matt526
02-02-2005, 01:37 AM
There have been a lot of good torrents uploaded the last few days
my only problem is that last week I uploaded 4-5 torrents that seemed to be a big hit... but then the servers crashed and now I have to upload them again.

ricochet
02-02-2005, 03:38 AM
Hey,

Im sorry i dont remember getting a message from you, was it through this site?.

What is/was your username? I will confirm the account for you so you can log inn straight away

Thanks & Sorry About The Confusion
Z

Yes, through this site. I would appreciate it if you would look into it . User name, Ricochet

thanks Zee

Harsh!
02-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Just signed up

and oh my god!!!!!!

Who the hell uploaded StyleXp 2.11?? Do they know theres a v3.00?
Same with Winrar3.41
All the Executive diskeeper versions just added are outa date...

@ Original thread starter..
You said you needed help as in uploaders...
You need more than uploaders, you need uploaders that have decent up to date shit to upload....

Think I wasted 2mins of my life signing up....

matt526
02-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Epitorrents has been down for two days now, are we to assume Epitorrents is gone for good. :no: :ermm:

DrBeerMan
02-11-2005, 06:56 AM
i'm assuming its gone.....he hasn't posted anything explaining whats going on at http://www.freespaces.com/zenox/status.html the sites status page, i think he gave up and is just gonna go out quietly w/ out a word. He always tried to say that epitorrent was here to stay! hmmmmm guess not.

Harsh!
02-11-2005, 07:56 AM
oh well...Another one bites the dust...

monkeyman1
02-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Go to epitorrent now. It redirects to inside-source.org Looks like Z is at it again with another site

Skydragon
02-14-2005, 04:31 AM
Goodbye Epitorrent.

Zee_Epi
02-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am very sorry about such a long downtime for EpiTorrent, i was on a business trip for over a week, and i couldn't set up on another hosting account, as i did not have my details with me to log in. That is why i put a forward on it to one of my new site (Inside-Source), as that was better than just a dead page until i got back. Well EpiTorrent is back online, and i have restored the latest back up i had, Once again, i am sorry about all the confusion.

http://www.EpiTorrent.org

Thanks
Z

K5OSCAR
02-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Z, what is going on? you were up and going good there! i sent you a pm and am waiting to here back on the status of epi.

matt526
02-19-2005, 04:41 AM
I Guess NexTorrents is back.
Z was part of that original team but left because of to many problems, maybe they got everything sorted out and decided to put NexTorrents back up

DrBeerMan
02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
I heard that epitorrent was hacked by nextorrents............ :unsure: ?