PDA

View Full Version : Email

gotcha
04-01-2003, 01:04 AM
Hi to all. I love this forum and do not want to unsubscribe however I do have to stop receiving all the Emails, I have been requesting this information for 3 days and have 50 Emails in my computer so please help me!
Sorry,perhaps I did not explain clearly. I do not want to unsubscribe from the Movieworld forum, I just want to stop the "Email Notification of new messages" ! Norman

RPerry
04-01-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by gotcha@31 March 2003 - 20:04
Hi to all. I love this forum and do not want to unsubscribe however I do have to stop receiving all the Emails, I have been requesting this information for 3 days and have 50 Emails in my computer so please help me!
Sorry,perhaps I did not explain clearly. I do not want to unsubscribe from the Movieworld forum, I just want to stop the "Email Notification of new messages" ! Norman
You should be able to do that from "my controls"

gotcha
04-01-2003, 04:22 AM
Thank you RPerry for answering! I have been to My Controls and can see where I unsubscribe from any or all forums, but I do not want to unsubscribe from the forums,I enjoy them, I just want to stop getting Emails each time there is a new post! Surely this cannot be difficult,lots of people have told me to just unsubscribe but I do not want to loose the forums! Can you understand this? There is no place where it says "do you want to stop receiving Emails with each new posting!!!
Norman

dingoBaby
04-01-2003, 04:48 AM
Look under Subcribtion/ View Topics and check unsubscribe.

[B][O][T]
04-01-2003, 04:51 AM
Check this (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=26) and this (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=50) link.

BOT

Nobody1234
04-01-2003, 05:00 AM
Try Clicking Here: (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=02)

Or go to: My Controls>Options>Email Settings>Board Preferences.

[ ] Include a copy of the post when emailing me from a subscribed topic
Enabling this option will send a plain text version of the post in the subscription email.

[ ] Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message
Enabling this option will send an email confirmation of any new private messages sent to you.

[ ] Enable 'Email Notification' by default?
Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

This is my 1000th post!

[B][O][T]
04-01-2003, 05:04 AM
Ahhh great find Nobody1234, and congratulations to Your 1000th post.

BOT

RPerry
04-01-2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by gotcha@31 March 2003 - 23:22
Thank you RPerry for answering! I have been to My Controls and can see where I unsubscribe from any or all forums, but I do not want to unsubscribe from the forums,I enjoy them, I just want to stop getting Emails each time there is a new post! Surely this cannot be difficult,lots of people have told me to just unsubscribe but I do not want to loose the forums! Can you understand this? There is no place where it says "do you want to stop receiving Emails with each new posting!!!
Norman
when you "subscribe" to a forum, this is what causes the e-mqil notification. by unsubscribing, that doesn't mean you can't come to the forum, it just stops you from receiving the e-mails ;)

"The Avatar Man"
04-01-2003, 09:54 AM
stop choosing "track this topic" ;)
this will automatically email you everytime there is a new post.

gotcha
04-02-2003, 12:28 AM
Thank you all for your help ( I would be lost without it!)
I saw unsubscribe several times but did not want to because of the fear of loosing the forum,but now I will unsubscribe!
If it does not work then I will not wish you all the best with my after dinner glass of red wine tonight ! Cheerio. Norman

vivitron 15
04-02-2003, 10:42 AM
OK, kinda related, but not really.

I like the Mycontrols subscription, cos it lets me see whats happening in the topics where i replied, but I'd prefer not to recieve emails about them all. Basically, i want to be subscribed, such that I can go to my controls and look through, but I don't want the emails. Is this possible, without filtering all messages from the forum?