PDA

View Full Version : 2005 idiot of the year...already won

vidcc
01-07-2005, 07:37 PM
just 7 days into 2005 and the idiot of the year has already been announced

source (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/07/tv.fearfactor.lawsuit.ap/index.html)

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A viewer is suing NBC for $2.5 million, contending that he threw up because of a "Fear Factor" episode in which contestants ate rats mixed in a blender.

Austin Aitken told The Associated Press he watches "Fear Factor" often and had no problem with past installments where the reality show's participants ate worms and insects in pursuit of a $50,000 prize -- but eating rats went "too far."

"It's barbaric, some of the things they ask these individuals to do," Aitken said Thursday.

Aitken's handwritten lawsuit contends the rat-eating made his blood pressure rise, resulting in being dizzy and lightheaded -- and vomiting. Because he was disoriented he ran into a doorway, "causing suffering, injury and great pain."

Asked why he didn't shut off his television before the rat-eating segment, Aitken said he couldn't do it quick enough.

NBC responded with a brief statement: "We believe that the claim is completely without merit."

Aitken, a 49-year-old part-time paralegal, said he wants to send a message to NBC and other networks with the lawsuit. He said he isn't concerned with winning a cash judgment in court.

"I just put any figure. You really think I expect to get $2.5 million?" he said.

Samurai
01-07-2005, 07:44 PM
lawsuits for anything these days. i bet he wins too :dry:

Cheese
01-07-2005, 07:46 PM
The thought of someone vomiting because they saw someone eating a rat has made me feel nauseous. I'm suing you vidcc. :angry:

ahctlucabbuS
01-07-2005, 07:48 PM
contending that he threw up because of a "Fear Factor" episode in which contestants ate rats mixed in a blender.

:sick:

People will do all sorts of things for money alright, including moronic lawsuits.

DanB
01-07-2005, 07:49 PM
I thought this was about Busyman :(

enoughfakefiles
01-07-2005, 07:53 PM
I was reading one in the paper today about a party canny devito was have.Apparently one of the guest was dancing eraticly and spilt his drink over another guset.Now he`s sueing the bloke for spilling a drink over him.

Wtf is the world coming to.I can see someone reading this and sueing me. :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

Virtualbody1234
01-07-2005, 08:04 PM
The thought of someone vomiting because they saw someone eating a rat has made me feel nauseous. I'm suing you vidcc. :angry:
On the same theme... I want to sue the "idiot of the year" for making me feel sick. The TV has an "off" switch.

Cheese
01-07-2005, 08:06 PM
I was reading one in the paper today about a party canny devito was have.Apparently one of the guest was dancing eraticly and spilt his drink over another guset.Now he`s sueing the bloke for spilling a drink over him.

Wtf is the world coming to.I can see someone reading this and sueing me. :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

I might sue you for your woeful spelling of 'Danny Devito'.

Edit: Or do you just reckon he's a really sound guy? Canny, like? :lol:

TheDave
01-07-2005, 08:15 PM
i'm gonna sue you cheese as your jokes suck.

i think this girl deserves a nomination too http://www.heferito.com/toyyoda.asp

enoughfakefiles
01-07-2005, 08:17 PM
I might sue you for your woeful spelling of 'Danny Devito'.

Edit: Or do you just reckon he's a really sound guy? Canny, like? :lol:

I`m gonna sue you for mocking me now. :angry:

/waits for the the sue someone thread to turn up. :lol: :lol:

Cheese
i'm gonna sue you cheese as your jokes suck.

i think this girl deserves a nomination too http://www.heferito.com/toyyoda.asp

I'm suing you for Matrix fanboy-esque avatars. :dry:

Cheese
I`m gonna sue you for mocking me now. :angry:

/waits for the the sue someone thread to turn up. :lol: :lol:

I'm gonna sue whoever makes that thread.

TheDave
01-07-2005, 08:18 PM
is that really why? :ph34r:

TheDave
01-07-2005, 08:19 PM
in fact i'm gonna sue cheese and eff for having similar avatars and confusing me

enoughfakefiles
01-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Cheese wants sueing for still having his christmas decorations up. :whistling

vidcc
01-07-2005, 08:29 PM
this susan girl must have built up quite a reputation...everyone wants her

Biggles
01-07-2005, 08:32 PM
this susan girl must have built up quite a reputation...everyone wants her

Yes, apparently she is going to Sue everyone (except me, cos I am teh aged :( )

vidcc
01-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Yes, apparently she is going to Sue everyone (except me, cos I am teh aged :( )

Ah...then you need cathrine zeta jones...she does a lot of work for F**k the aged
;)

Jon L. Obscene
01-07-2005, 08:46 PM
:( You mean I did'nt win this year? :crying:

Jonno :cool:

Guillaume
01-07-2005, 08:50 PM
:( You mean I did'nt win this year? :crying:

Jonno :cool:

The winner of the "smallest peen of the universe" award hasn't been named yet, though. ;)

tesco
01-07-2005, 08:51 PM
:lol: this whole thread is funny.

Smith
01-07-2005, 10:50 PM
omg, is it possible for him to win?

vidcc
01-08-2005, 01:16 AM
omg, is it possible for him to win?

Are you asking if it's possible for god to win?
:unsure: