PDA

View Full Version : conspiracy? is your internet slow?

TheDave
01-08-2005, 08:17 AM
a lot of people's internet has been going haywire lately. i know forum member's connections are messing up and i've seen quite a few people kicked from online games for packet loss (not ping).

i was thinking the copied version of windows i have (on the internet pc) may have been engineered to have an undetectable worm, that may be why it came bundled with anti-spyware (spybot SnD) and anti-virus software (kaspersky)

anyone else got this version of windows?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/TheDave/r---strak.jpg

SnipeR's R-demption Network Presents :
Custom R---strak XP Professional Unattended (US Version)
Service Pack 2 Integrated
DVD Version Also Auto Installs A Big List Of Software !
Office 2003, Nero, Winamp, Photoshop CS And Many Others
Visit Our Website For More Info : http://www.r---strak.nl

note the .nl - i presume it means netherlands

when i checked mine and another person who complained about slow internet's IP they both begin with 213.40.xx.xx which is apparently in (drumroll) amsterdam, the netherlands.

i think i've been lucky enough to avoid using personal details on this pc but i may have to change all my passwords :no:

p.s i blanked r---strak in case theres a word filter and they want to silence me :fear:

p.p.s i never trusted spyware SnD

p.p.p.s i used http://ip.discoveryvip.com/ to check my ip, check yours too ;)

p.p.p.p.s clear your caches and stuff to be safe and dont use credit cards

p.p.p.p.p.s even if you dont have the r---strak windows, reply so we can get to the bottom of this

p.p.p.p.p.p.s i'm DLing and ULing full speed but only have this open and its not loading

nanotek
01-08-2005, 08:48 AM
strangly enough the ip check on the page u mentioned told me my ip is located in the neatherlands :blink: , i then checked my ip using this page : http://www.whois.sc and it gave me the right location so im thinking that page u mentioned might actually be wrong as i really dont live in holland

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:14 AM
is your net slow? i dont think its 100% bogus. i think its some kind of proxy that monitors what your doing and lets them use your open ports without challenge

update: i put the modem on my other pc and its going over 100kbps :fingers crossed:

edit: i'm back in england too

muchspl2
01-08-2005, 09:23 AM
its that pesky EOBTCAK error, I see it all the time.

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:25 AM
its that pesky EOBTCAK error, I see it all the time.

whats that?

muchspl2
01-08-2005, 09:25 AM
:lol:

Error Occurred Between the Chair and Keyboard

Peerzy
01-08-2005, 09:27 AM
You at (62.252.0.9) are located in Amsterdam, North Holland (province), Netherlands. (52.35, 4.90)

Thats not my ip, and im not using a proxy and other sites place me in the UK. Im using a standard copied version of WinXp Pro loaded with SP2 and the latest updates after a brand new format only a day ago. Also no spyware/anti virii programs installed.

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:30 AM
meh, so the sites broken. it only says amstredam when my nets slow for me, otherwise it says lancashire. is your internet going slow anyway? :unsure:

Chewie
01-08-2005, 09:35 AM
a lot of people's internet has been going haywire lately. i know forum member's connections are messing up and i've seen quite a few people kicked from online games for packet loss (not ping).

i was thinking the copied version of windows i have (on the internet pc) may have been engineered to have an undetectable worm, that may be why it came bundled with anti-spyware (spybot SnD) and anti-virus software (kaspersky)Why suspect anything amiss with these programs when they are both respected (very highly in the case or Kaspersky) and the first online update should eliminate any possible 're-coding' of detection rules?

anyone else got this version of windows?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/TheDave/r---strak.jpg

note the .nl - i presume it means netherlandsYep, nl=Holland, why note it?

when i checked mine and another person who complained about slow internet's IP they both begin with 213.40.xx.xx which is apparently in (drumroll) amsterdam, the netherlands.When you checked your what?

p.p.s i never trusted spyware SnDWhy?

p.p.p.s i used http://ip.discoveryvip.com/ to check my ip, check yours too ;) Well that page got my IP right but I'm certainly not located in Marina Del Rey, California.

p.p.p.p.p.p.s i'm DLing and ULing full speed but only have this open and its not loadingWhat is not loading?

Since you have an 'unattended install' disc, have you checked for anonymity software?
Have you checked your proxy settings?

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:48 AM
how are people picking at my theory when they dont have the problem? :huh:

i dont think it would be that hard for someone who knows what they're doing to reverse engineer a virus program not to check itself or certain system files.

note it cos its where several people's ip addresses apparently were

ip obviously :blink:

odd things like where does it come from, why does it tell you not to listen to ad-aware saying it's spyware

meh

no, its a crap pc, only running one IE window, no msn, no auto-updates and everything else on the network was switched off. i think it was when i saved the picture :fear:

Chewie
01-08-2005, 10:16 AM
how are people picking at my theory when they dont have the problem? :huh:Because you asked and because it's unlikely. :)

i dont think it would be that hard for someone who knows what they're doing to reverse engineer a virus program not to check itself or certain system files.Not as easy as not including them in the first place. We know from posts in here that an alarmingly large proportion of computer users don't have adequate firewallantivirus/malware/spyware protection so not including them would still hit a hell of a lot of victims.

ip obviously :blink:LOL yeah, just as I scrolled down the page I happened to read a part of that sentence that made it completely clear to me :D

odd things like where does it come from, why does it tell you not to listen to ad-aware saying it's spywareIn that case you shouldn't trust any spyware detectors/cleaners, antivirus scanners or firewalls, then. :)
[QUOTE=TheDave]no, its a crap pc, only running one IE window, no msn, no auto-updates and everything else on the network was switched off. i think it was when i saved the picture :fear:LOL I meant is there any anonymity software installed... and have you checked your proxy settings?

TheDave
01-08-2005, 10:29 AM
no proxy or anything.

think, its a pretty good idea on the part of the (alleged) hackers: make a package thats the best on the scene, including most of the programs you'll ever need. pack it into one auto-install dvd. people will choose to download this over other packages. cos of the simplicity it'll get distributed on the street too.

after two months activate proxy that clones upload/download of peoples' connections grabbing passwords and download their registry including bank details, serial numbers and stuff

Peerzy
01-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Get a decent copy of XP (ie a scene cracked version that hasnt been fucked with) then boot the cd and choose the repair option, that scans and checks every windows file and if any are just 1bit different to the ones stored on the cd it will replace it.

nanotek
01-08-2005, 01:12 PM
well speeds are fine here and im also running a legal copy of xp pro with all updates cept sp2 , also no proxys running either.

silent h3ro
01-08-2005, 01:42 PM
I just updated to XP Pro and my speeds are slow as hell too. :blink:

tesco
01-08-2005, 03:02 PM
That site is giving my right IP, but saying i'm located in australia. :lol: