PDA

View Full Version : blasphemy in jerry springer?

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:28 AM
how is that a crime?

why give a fuck? if god exists they're gonna burn in hell anyway, if he doesn't christians are wrong and should stfu

brotherdoobie
01-08-2005, 09:31 AM
how is that a crime?

why give a fuck? if god exists they're gonna burn in hell anyway, if he doesn't christians are wrong and should stfu

Questioning your faith dave?...or are you simply constipated? :)

Peace bd

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:33 AM
meh, i don't believe in god and i don't understand how laws can be constructed around unproven events

brotherdoobie
01-08-2005, 09:41 AM
meh, i don't believe in god and i don't understand how laws can be constructed around unproven events

It's done all the time...George Bush comes to mind.

I don't believe in god myself. I understand why some do, I respect their faith...I am even envious.

Laws often hide the face of God...It is a shame and you make a valid point lad. :)

Keep thinking for yourself, it's a step in the right direction.

Peace bd

ziggyjuarez
01-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Boobie...

muchspl2
01-08-2005, 09:56 AM
too bad we in the US saw it 3 years ago, jerry springer is so 2001 its crazy

http://members.cox.net/ot_space/religion.jpg

TheDave
01-08-2005, 10:02 AM
i'm talking about the opera btw

and BD :blush:

maybe christians are insecure and thats why they have a problem with blasphemy.

i think i should convert now to be on the safe side, i think my house is moving :unsure:

Jon L. Obscene
01-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Hav'nt they just released a stage show play of Springer which contains something like 8000 swear words, breaking all records?

I saw it on a front page the other day so it must be true :01:

Jonno :cool:

Mr. Mulder
01-08-2005, 11:24 AM
10pm bbc 2 - it's on tonight :01:

TheDave
01-08-2005, 11:26 AM
chances are i'll be too busy picking my nose or something though :(

Mr. Mulder
01-08-2005, 11:33 AM
it does look a bit on the ghey side doesn't it :ermm:

TheDave
01-08-2005, 11:42 AM
its opera, and not the pron browser type either

mind you a fight between satan and jesus could be funny

TheDave
01-08-2005, 11:56 AM
didn't some sikhs just do it?

maybe i should have put some, sorry.

surely, as a christian yourself you don't mind it. no-ones forcing you to watch it. why can't everyone see it like this.

come to think of it, it's hypocritical. everyone should be forced to watch, like i was forced to go to R.E. at school. let everyone hear both arguements and make up their own mind

Biggles
01-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Indeed Christians are very intolerant. When faced by something which is offensive to their faith they often say, "Please stop that, or I will ask you again to stop it. If it gets really bad I'll ask a court to tell a Policeman to tell you to stop it".

Harsh beyond words. No other religious group would go that far and be so cruel to someone who insulted their faith.

:lol:

Thankfully!

Although it took a few centuries to get there. :blink:

400 years ago these individuals would be toasting on a stake.

Clearly it is designed to shock and (like naughty children) should not be encouraged imho. Serious questions over the nature of faith, belief, science and history are however fair game. Although controversial, I thought the movie Last Temptation was interesting and moving.

The Sikhs had a point regarding the play and negotiations towards a compromise over the setting of the play might have worked - I think it was wrong to give in to the thugs on the fringe of the protest. It sets a bad precedent.

Those that have ripped up their tv licences ... well, it is a gesture and no more than that. They have paid and that is on record so no one is going to ask to see it.

TheDave
01-08-2005, 07:20 PM
ive had some sleep now, and sorry no-one should be forced to watch jerry springer.

i haven't seen it but i don't think the play says christianity is immoral or christians are bad people. i think its written to make christians question their faith which i could understand someone being very uncomfortable about. however i think to cancel it is against freedom of speech and even the religious freedom our country is supposed to have.

Snee
01-08-2005, 07:36 PM
death to herry springer, he polutes my/tv scer :angry: en. :mad:

bujub22
01-08-2005, 07:41 PM
from someone?? :wacko: god is nothing more than an amginary friend for adults!...........

vidcc
01-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Blasphemy laws are pointless as God doesn't exist. This doesn't mean however that it is not a crime to incite hatered againnst those that do believe in god.

If the play meets the "hate" standard then there is a case to close it down...if not then it is against free speech to ban it.

I was very interested in the idea of forcing people to watch an opposing view because he was forced to do RE.... At the moment it's enough to just leave religion out of schools, we have no need to push to the opposite extreme

TheDave
01-08-2005, 08:24 PM
i was yolking about forcing people to watch jerry springer but i don't think RE should be forced the way it is.

however i think denying atheists the right to express their pov is as bad as denying christians the same right

Snee
01-08-2005, 08:26 PM
nONE SHOULD be able to express their pov, that way everone is happy :)

Biggles
01-08-2005, 08:27 PM
nONE SHOULD be able to express their pov, that way everone is happy :)

Is that your pov? :blink:

Snee
01-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Is that your pov? :blink:
yes :D :01:

vidcc
01-08-2005, 08:38 PM
i was yolking about forcing people to watch jerry springer but i don't think RE should be forced the way it is.

i realise you didn't mean it to be taken seriously...this is the lounge after all....i just found it an interesting idea...sometimes the funniest things make one think
:)

Snee
01-08-2005, 08:40 PM
RE=resident evil? :blink: :O_o:

vidcc
01-08-2005, 08:42 PM
just replying beacuse snny thinks he/she (sorry i don't know which) is trying to "own" the lounge :shifty:

Snee
01-08-2005, 08:46 PM
just replying beacuse snny thinks he/she (sorry i don't know which) is trying to "own" the lounge :shifty:
I'm still a boy, unkless I'm durnker thann i thought. :unsure:

I can be an it tho'

TheDave
01-08-2005, 08:46 PM
its a he but he's swedish so it doesn't matter

Snee
01-08-2005, 08:47 PM
its a he but he's swedish so it doesn't matter
OI :angry:

manker
01-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Religious Education.

I duno if you actually wanted to know that or not :unsure:

vidcc
01-08-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm still a boy, unkless I'm durnker thann i thought. :unsure:

I can be an it tho'

At 25 you are still a boy?:unsure: ...... come on ...be a man :01: :lol:

Snee
01-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Nor do I it was long ago and none answered it.

Snee
01-08-2005, 08:51 PM
At 25 you are still a boy?:unsure: ...... come on ...be a man :01: :lol:
At this prticular point I feel more the mental equivalent of a boy .

manker
01-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Nor do I it was long ago and none answered it.Ah well, it's there now in black and a very light shade of lilac. No-one can take that way from us.

Except a mod :dry:

Snee
01-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Ah well, it's there now in black and a very light shade of lilac. No-one can take that way from us.

Except a mod :dry:
I hate mods I 'd nevere be one spe anywhere.

EDit: I still like the mods tho'

manker
01-08-2005, 08:55 PM
I hate mods I 'd nevere be one spe anywhere.

EDit: I still like the mods tho'Which ones don't you like :shifty:

TheDave
01-08-2005, 08:57 PM
that dave fella ont moderation

Snee
01-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Which ones don't you like :shifty:
all of them but I like some.

manker
01-08-2005, 08:58 PM
that dave fella ont moderationHe's alright, but I heard he made Billy Dean leave.

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:12 PM
really? did BD say that? :w00t:

brotherdoobie
01-08-2005, 09:13 PM
really? did BD say that? :w00t:

No.

Peace bd

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:14 PM
the other one

manker
01-08-2005, 09:16 PM
really? did BD say that? :w00t:He did get his strop on when you deleted that post and 'left' but then he came back, threatened to leave again twice and then he got proper pwned about the Jews and hasn't come back since.

Billy Dean I mean ... Brotherdoobie may like it over there tho' :D

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:16 PM
i'm watching this documentry and theres a woman with a moustache :ohmy:

TheDave
01-08-2005, 09:39 PM
inbreeding i think

Mr. Mulder
01-08-2005, 09:53 PM
it looks shit :ermm:

Biggles
01-08-2005, 09:55 PM
it looks shit :ermm:

SGG says she is going to watch it. I don't think I will bother. I will go and read me book (with a glass of apple in hand)

TheDave
01-08-2005, 10:00 PM
tell her to review it ont moderation, i dont think i'll be able to sit through it :yawn:

TheDave
01-08-2005, 10:04 PM
i got bored and put ultimate force on. hooray for my attention span

brotherdoobie
01-08-2005, 10:05 PM
He did get his strop on when you deleted that post and 'left' but then he came back, threatened to leave again twice and then he got proper pwned about the Jews and hasn't come back since.

I would of liked to have seen that. :)
Too bad I missed it.

Peace bd

Biggles
01-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Apple and Fry's, sounds kewl.

It appeals to me :)

I just caught a bit of the "Opera" it does not appeal :(

TheDave
01-08-2005, 10:08 PM
was it the jp flame i accidently deleted?

manker
01-08-2005, 11:01 PM
was it the jp flame i accidently deleted?I think so, I know he got all precious about it.

BD (the non-evil one) I think all the posts are still there (http://moderation.forumflash.com/index.php?act=idx), check out The Arena ;)

DanB
01-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Force was quite good i thought.

I must have watched about 2 minutes of the Jerry thing before turning it over as it was complete and utter crap.

I think the only offendning blasphemous thing in it was they suggested Jesus was homosexual and showed him in a nappy, according to the paper anyway

manker
01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Not that I have ever had anything against FC's arse
http://moderation.forumflash.com/style_emoticons/default/spider_dude.gif
Not what I heard, lovely boy :windsordavies:

Snee
01-08-2005, 11:58 PM
He did get his strop on when you deleted that post and 'left' but then he came back, threatened to leave again twice and then he got proper pwned about the Jews and hasn't come back since.

Damn. You . Dave :angry:

SpatulaGeekGirl
01-09-2005, 01:31 AM
T'was good, the opera that is. Very funny in places.

"What the fuck? What the fuck? What the fucking, fucking fuck?" :blink:

.....pies.....

DanB
01-09-2005, 01:34 AM
T'was good, the opera that is. Very funny in places.

"What the fuck? What the fuck? What the fucking, fucking fuck?" :blink:

.....pies.....

Your review is needed over at t'moderation :shifty:

SpatulaGeekGirl
01-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Your review is needed over at t'moderation :shifty:

Pardon...pies?

manker
01-09-2005, 02:07 AM
Pardon...pies?Your review was pretty good. Worthy of a post at t'moderation (http://moderation.forumflash.com/index.php?act=idx).

:01:

SpatulaGeekGirl
01-09-2005, 02:12 AM
Your review was pretty good. Worthy of a post at t'moderation (http://moderation.forumflash.com/index.php?act=idx).

:01:

You're a chavy chav pies.

Pies.

manker
01-09-2005, 02:18 AM
I think I see a recurring theme with your posts.

Or maybe it's just late.

DanB
01-09-2005, 02:20 AM
Or maybe Biggles forgot to feed her?

SpatulaGeekGirl
01-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies? Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies?

DanB
01-09-2005, 02:33 AM
Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies? Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies?
Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies? Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies. Pies? :unsure:

manker
01-09-2005, 02:50 AM
Or maybe Biggles forgot to feed her?Perhaps he didn't want to risk opening the cage :unsure:

vidcc
01-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Isn't it 3am there?

manker
01-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Indeed it is.

I should really get off to bed :ermm:

SpatulaGeekGirl
01-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach. Spinach?