PDA

View Full Version : Trackers and torrents with azureas.

keyser_soze
01-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Can any1 point me to a definitve guide for creating a torrent with my own tracker with azureas? Its a right pain finding a working tracker these days.

Vargas
01-10-2005, 12:56 AM
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/faq.php#17

keyser_soze
01-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Cheers m8 I'm not sure if I went about it right but it seems to have worked :)

keyser_soze
01-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Just wondering about the setting in azureas to allow other ppl to use my tracker without me hosting it, do i need to have this enabled so that when I'm offline ppl can still seed with whatever bits they have and what does no-ip think of all this, can they check to see what the trackers being used for?

{I}{K}{E}
01-11-2005, 12:46 AM
/merged.

Vargas
01-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Just wondering about the setting in azureas to allow other ppl to use my tracker without me hosting it, do i need to have this enabled so that when I'm offline ppl can still seed with whatever bits they have if youre offline or have azureus closed they will get "tracker offline" error, it won't hurt the users already connected, if there are other seeders, but any new users starting the torrent, or any users that closed their client or lost their internet connection won't be able to do squat. (well if they use azureus they might be able to reconnect to other peers since it caches them when closed)
and what does no-ip think of all this, can they check to see what the trackers being used for?no-ip is just a way to DNS resolve your host name

keyser_soze
01-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Ok I think I get it, so if I go off line as long as theres seeder they should be able to carry on right? and is this with allow other ppl to use my tracker box ticked or not? :unsure: