PDA

View Full Version : Bad framerate ib Halo 1 on the PC ?

Formula1
01-10-2005, 11:21 AM
i'm wondering if anyone on the forum besides myself , experienced some really bad/low framerates on Halo on the PC? I played it on my new rig (sig) and game runs terribble, my pc fits way more than the recommended requirements...

Peerzy
01-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Iv never had any problems even on a very shit pc, infact on my old, old pc (1.3Ghz Duron) i could play it all fine on high settings.

spelunker121
01-10-2005, 04:43 PM
mAKE SURE YOUR gRAFIX DRIVERS R UP 2 DATE!

Formula1
01-10-2005, 07:57 PM
yeah i'm 100% sure my drivers are up to date, another friend of mine experienced this problem with the demmo version....

Snee
01-10-2005, 09:03 PM
mAKE SURE YOUR gRAFIX DRIVERS R UP 2 DATE!
tURN CAPS OFF. :)

Read through the readme, there may be some hardware specific issues that can be resolved with a few adjustments.

EDit: try turning off antialiasing and antisotropic filtering, and work from there.

Monkeee
01-11-2005, 12:55 AM
i dunno why but i think they made a bad conversion from the xbox halo to the pc halo.

i too get horrible framerates on my old computer when i exceed the system requirements like crazy...

i had a
Athlon XP 2000+ 1.66GHz
512 RAM
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128 MB and it would get like 20 FPS..

my friend had the exact same spec except with a 1.4 GHz Athlon and a GeForce 4 MX 440 and he got over 60 framrates on the highest settings possible...

cpt_azad
01-11-2005, 01:39 AM
dont worry, i get really bad FPS (halo1pc) on my friends rig:

AMD Athlon 3000+
1128 mb RAM (DDR)
Geforce FX5700 256 mb video card

have yet to try on mine.

Formula1
01-11-2005, 02:08 AM
i dunno why but i think they made a bad conversion from the xbox halo to the pc halo.

i too get horrible framerates on my old computer when i exceed the system requirements like crazy...

i had a
Athlon XP 2000+ 1.66GHz
512 RAM

my friend had the exact same spec except with a 1.4 GHz Athlon and a GeForce 4 MX 440 and he got over 60 framrates on the highest settings possible...

Yup, Halo1 is one of the worst conversions i've come across, sinch Half life on the Playstation 2...

cpt_azad
01-11-2005, 02:13 AM
dont remind of the hl convert to ps2, that was just sad :no:

Formula1
01-11-2005, 02:59 AM
lol, i'm surprised a site like ign.com gave it a 9.0/10 , indescpicable....

silent h3ro
01-11-2005, 04:26 AM
lmao ya, stupid halo fanboys, not that i dont like halo or anything but PC HALO SUX0rZ!!!!1111 (awaits gam3guy to flame me >_< ) :lol: Ok Halo PC isnet bad or anyhting its just the microsoft and bungie guys or whoever made it were fuckin dumbasses and could'nt get the freaking port of a simple xbox game right ( well not simple but still) , so because of the bad port the framerates suck, thus the game sucking. :) I guess u could say if the game ran better on a wider range of systems I bet more people would like it. I love online Halo for PC but no one even bothers playing it anymore. :dry: O well, online Halo 2 is fine but not so good on that damn controller that I can't get used to after a hardcore week of CS. :01: :( I'll play CS for a week then go back to Halo 2 and I will completly suck azz, then I'll go back to CS and I'll suck azz after getting beter at Halo 2 and the cycle continues. :frusty: Btw I'm a hardcore, veteran Halo PC and Xbox fanboy and proud of it. :01: :01:

SingaBoiy
01-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Btw I'm a hardcore, veteran Halo PC
Wtf? veteran.... lol :lol:

Monkeee
01-11-2005, 05:27 AM
lol i wonder if you guys know Halo is a game... just another FPS game... i dont see how its any better than any other FPS..

cpt_azad
01-11-2005, 05:45 AM
:lol: Ok Halo PC isnet bad or anyhting its just the microsoft and bungie guys or whoever made it were fuckin dumbasses and could'nt get the freaking port of a simple xbox game right ( well not simple but still) , so because of the bad port the framerates suck, thus the game sucking. :) I guess u could say if the game ran better on a wider range of systems I bet more people would like it. I love online Halo for PC but no one even bothers playing it anymore. :dry: O well, online Halo 2 is fine but not so good on that damn controller that I can't get used to after a hardcore week of CS. :01: :( I'll play CS for a week then go back to Halo 2 and I will completly suck azz, then I'll go back to CS and I'll suck azz after getting beter at Halo 2 and the cycle continues. :frusty: Btw I'm a hardcore, veteran Halo PC and Xbox fanboy and proud of it. :01: :01:

exact same cycle as me:

week 1: CSS
week 2: H2
week 3: CSS....shit :ph34r:

lol

3RA1N1AC
01-11-2005, 06:27 AM

i had a
Athlon XP 2000+ 1.66GHz
512 RAM

as far as i remember, Halo runs really bad on a low end DX 9 card when you have the DX 9 effects enabled. so a GF 3 or GF 4 MX card may actually get higher framerates because they have no hardware DX 9 support and they're not even trying to use the DX 9 effects at all.

i think this is a problem where Bungie/GearBox didn't consider that just about all video cards at the time had really poor DX 9 support. these effects did not exist in the original Xbox version, and then they added them to the PC version at a time when no video card could actually USE 'em at an acceptable speed. maybe they did a bad job on the Xbox-to-PC conversion too, but some of the new PC-only effects required way too much graphics card power for the tiny improvement they made over the looks of the Xbox version.

you should be able to improve Halo's speed a lot on a GeForce FX 5xxx card by changing the "Specular" setting from "Yes" to "No"... but you can try messing around with some of the other options and see what happens. i think Specular Lighting might also be called "Luster" in the in-game menu? it's been a while since i've had it installed.

spelunker121
01-11-2005, 03:53 PM
tURN CAPS OFF. :)

Read through the readme, there may be some hardware specific issues that can be resolved with a few adjustments.

EDit: try turning off antialiasing and antisotropic filtering, and work from there. @ Snny.... "OOOPPS"
A fine tip! Also check the Resolution your running the game in also. My old Gforce mx 440 used to work pretty good, But my new Radeon 9800 pro is even better

Also, make sure that there isnt a bunch of stuff runnung in the background of windows. to gobble up your system resourses

ApacNTS
01-13-2005, 02:19 AM
yeah i heard the framerate on this was unbearablely bad. you would think that a microsoft made, developed and run game, would easily be on pc, but nope, they run it ass backwards, and screw the pc crowd out of it. then again im sure their alterior motive was to drive you to the xbox...it worked for me...smart ass bill gates.

3RA1N1AC
01-13-2005, 06:12 AM
yeah i heard the framerate on this was unbearablely bad. you would think that a microsoft made, developed and run game
Microsoft didn't develop the PC version of Halo. yes, Bungie (developer of the original Halo for Xbox) is owned by Microsoft, but they farmed out the Xbox-to-PC conversion to another company called Gearbox (who had previously done some Half-Life expansions & conversions).

ApacNTS
01-14-2005, 03:15 AM
no what i meant was, is you would think they would MAKE a pc game already, not do a conversion of a console. i mean wasnt that they way they did unreal tournament, out for pc then hit ps2?

edit: i know it's not a ms related game, just mean logic of it.