PDA

View Full Version : Is there a tutorial on how to do dvd copys

anxies
01-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi there i'm thinking of getting a dvd burner but dont understand how to copy dvds so they play on a dvd player. :helpsmili I mean how do you find the main menu pages for the films for instance as all the movies i download dont have them and is it the same as saving onto cd-r (i.e TMPGenc/Nero) Someone said something about dvd shrink and dvd encryptor in another thread but i dont understand what to do with these softwares. I Know i sound dumb but i want to know i can convert my films before i payout for a expensive dual player i dont know whether i can use. :unsure:

If anyone can help or knows of a link i can look at that is fairly simple for a simple person lol i'd be highly grateful. :D

thanks
Anxies

Rip The Jacker
01-10-2005, 06:59 PM
You should check www.dvdrhelp.com, they have tons of tutorials on how to convert/copy/burn DVD's. :)

anxies
01-10-2005, 07:12 PM
You should check www.dvdrhelp.com, they have tons of tutorials on how to convert/copy/burn DVD's. :)

:D thanks am looking through as we speak looks good but is so much i dont know where to begin something tells me i'll be here for a while lol :)

vivitron 15
01-10-2005, 07:18 PM
just grab DVDshrink, install, load, then its pretty straightforward from there :)

anxies
01-10-2005, 07:39 PM
just grab DVDshrink, install, load, then its pretty straightforward from there :)

Right bear in mind i have not got a dvd writer yet so cant test this but put a dvd file on and it says it was not encrypted then it asked me if i wanted to turn the file to a ISO and burn with dvd decryptor and clicked through doing this for 5 mins so i clicked ok and then it sent me to my cd-r drive when that happens am i right in saying that would detect your dvd writer there and just burn the disc?

thanks for the help

anxies :D

{I}{K}{E}
01-10-2005, 07:42 PM
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm

Download/install DVD Shrink and check:

file:///c:/Program%20Files/DVD%20Shrink/Web/DVD%20Shrink.htm

vivitron 15
01-10-2005, 08:23 PM
IKE's tutorial is spot on - will tell you exactly what to do...you basically choose "copy to HDD" somewhere in it - dont have it on me, but that guide is the bee's

good luck :)

Samurai
01-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Yep check out Doom9's site. Also recommend checking out DVD Decrypter.