PDA

View Full Version : Any Trekkers in here?

worldpease
01-11-2005, 04:38 AM
I am a trekker, I love it,
does anyone likes it too? I think nobody talks much about it, when I think its a pretty good show. It has very deep moments.

cpt_azad
01-11-2005, 05:52 AM
Original series = Yes.
Any other = shit (exceptions made for Voyager, it was better then the other crap)

Busyman
01-11-2005, 12:14 PM
It's trekkie.

I like all Star Trek.

TNG was very good.

Enterprise is exceptionally good now. It's has action unlike any other Star Trek before it.

SingaBoiy
01-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Sometimes i used to find myself watching it when nothing else was on. DSN mainly.

But im a Stargate fan myself.

tarzan
01-11-2005, 04:02 PM
all Star Trek
Big fan of DS9 and voyager and Enterprise is getting very good
so yes

SuperJude™
01-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Been a trekkie since I was a lil' one in the 70's. Ben Stiller made a comment once that Star Trek was like his baby sitter, and that was me, watching it on channel 9 and then 11, in re-runs, every marathon.

TNG, especially at the end, was awesome. DS9 faded, and Voyager while having its' moments clearly could not shine.

Enterprise? I gave it up for dead after the horrid season 2 only to find out they actually went and made a decent season 3 and season 4 is looking great. I hope so, since this is one of the best universes EVER created for t.v.

-SJ™

tarzan
01-12-2005, 02:13 AM
the last two scheduled episodes of Enterprise supposedly will explain whats up with the Klingons and thier bumpy heads
just thought i would throw that out there

worldpease
01-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Yes, that should be interesting,
even Worf wouldn´t dare explain it on that DS9 episode.

Busyman
01-12-2005, 05:54 AM
The next episode of Enterprise (a new one this Friday) has the inventor of the transporter, Emory Erickson.

worldpease
01-12-2005, 05:58 AM
So it seems acording to StarTrek.com.

I remember when at the beggining of the series, the hesitated to use the transporter,they where afraid theyr molecules would disperse, ..lol.

Samurai
01-12-2005, 06:06 AM
Yep :01:

Although I only enjoyed the original series, & TNG. IMO, DS9 and Voyager were pretty crap. Enterprise has been really enjoyable. Used to watch Quantum Leap with Scott Bakula, so I think they made a good choice there.

I enjoy Stargate SG-1 and SG: Atlantis too :01:

SuperJude™
01-12-2005, 07:35 PM
In the books and such the story about the Klingons was pretty much that the Klingons had forward scouted the humans and modified some of them to be sent first as a forward group, then the humans and others wouldn't know the true nature of the Klingons till too late.

Ideally they throw a little wrinkle into that one. I kind of always just accepted that TOS was from the mid 60's and special effects really sucked then.

--SJ™

worldpease
01-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Ideally they throw a little wrinkle into that one. I kind of always just accepted that TOS was from the mid 60's and special effects really sucked then.

--SJ™

Yes, in reality that might have been the reason, because in TOS, almost all the aliens look just like humans, the didn´t use prostetics.
Even when the where on an alien planet, the background, like cities or moons in the sky are paintings, unlike todays CG panoramic views.

manker
01-13-2005, 12:13 AM
I may well be the only person who uses the interweb to think Voyager is great. Apart from Janeway, who got a lot better toward the last few series, this incarnation totally worked for me.

The whole premis of trying to get home with hardly any interaction with familiar aliens and other Federation 'ships was a pretty brave thing to do, but perhaps logical after the static DS9 - which mainly sucked. The different feel to ST renewed my enthusiasm for the franchise.

The introduction of Seven Of Nine helped Voyager take off and not only because of the aesthetics, the complexity to her character made for some great episodes, particularly when dealing with Species 8472.

Having said all that, TNG is still my personal favourite :ermm:

worldpease
01-13-2005, 12:30 AM
not quite, actually ¨Voyager¨ was the first I started watching seriusly, even on a daily basis at 10pm on UPN, I understand why nobody likes DS), but Voyager, it was good.

Busyman
01-13-2005, 05:19 AM
I liked Voyager as well.

DS9 would have been better had Rick Berman and Brannon Braga not kicked J. Michael Straszynski off the project.

This hepled spawn Babylon 5, which at the time, I wrote off as a DS9 rip-off.

Man was I wrong. I end up watching every B5 episode off dl's from KL....that's 5 fucking seasons. I couldn't help it...it was THAT good. :D

worldpease
01-13-2005, 05:23 AM
Dam, look what you have done,
now I´ll also have to download Babilon 5, when Im just catching up with Battlestar Galactica.