PDA

View Full Version : Windows - XP Pro v. XP Corporate

crazyfool689
01-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Let's just say I have access to both... which is the better OS??

Peace

Virtualbody1234
01-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Corporate.

They are both exactly the same except the Corporate one doesn't require activation.

tesco
01-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Exactly as VB says.
Both are the exact same in every way except that corporate requires no activation. :)

peat moss
01-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Yep Corp all the way. :)

WTF?

zapjb
01-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Also you can change your hardware around without your OS counting how many times & saying thats enough. Corp/VLK rulez!

Formula1
01-12-2005, 02:49 AM
I downloaded windows xp pro ( with sp2) xrepack from suprnova.com . i installed it onto my rig and it works great and i didnt need to activate it just put it in a serial. i downloaded the xp pro corporate from kazaa a long time ago, and it couldnt install like 14 files , and it was really fucked up :x. anyways i'd go with xp pro ...

tesco
01-12-2005, 02:52 AM
1. your XP Pro must be corporate...or your using corporate key\whatever.
2. don't download anything as important as windows from kazaa. :frusty:

nsane
01-12-2005, 02:52 AM
why, it's the same thing? :blink:

plus it's not hacked to get rid of the actvation, which could be causing a vuln your not aware of ;)

Cl1mh4224rd
01-15-2005, 08:47 AM
[ Ugh. Ignore this post... ]

Formula1
01-15-2005, 03:00 PM
1. your XP Pro must be corporate...or your using corporate key\whatever.
2. don't download anything as important as windows from kazaa. :frusty:

I guess so then. I used the same cd i had burned xp on, on two different computers , and i didnt get any "eula" error message, stating i had installed one the same windows disk on more than one pc's :01:

crazyfool689
01-15-2005, 07:17 PM
I've got problems. I went for Corporate. Right now I'm trying to upgrade from XP Home to Corp., but none of the keys I found on-line for XP Corp. will unlock it, so, what's the next step?

nsane
01-15-2005, 07:51 PM
that's the thing with XP, only the key that came with the CD will work (it's not like win98). all the keys you found online will only work with the CD they came with :( ;)

peat moss
01-15-2005, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=crazyfool689]I've got problems. I went for Corporate. Right now I'm trying to upgrade from XP Home to Corp., but none of the keys I found on-line for XP Corp. will unlock it, so, what's the next step?[/QUOTE

Hmmm not sure if a key will work upgrading ? But I can pm you a key generator or serials if you wish.

orcutt989
01-15-2005, 07:58 PM
I downloaded windows xp pro ( with sp2) xrepack from suprnova.com . i installed it onto my rig and it works great and i didnt need to activate it just put it in a serial. i downloaded the xp pro corporate from kazaa a long time ago, and it couldnt install like 14 files , and it was really fucked up :x. anyways i'd go with xp pro ...

Haha that is probably the best post I have ever seen. "I downloaded XP Pro Corporate from Kazaa."

Haha oh crap. Why would you download something that important off of Kazaa?

peat moss
01-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Haha that is probably the best post I have ever seen. "I downloaded XP Pro Corporate from Kazaa."

Be nice yoube ! :lol: Thats were I got my first one ! From Lamsey's pin, of cource I wouldn't bother now . I find emule or limewire fits the bill .

Formula1
01-15-2005, 08:06 PM

As i said .... I downloaded it a long time ago , about 1 1/2-2 years ago. I only had 56k and i downloaded most of my apps (photoshop, paintshop pro, norton) from kazaa and all of them worked except for the windows corp. Plus i had 56k at that time , and kazaa was my best alternative. Anyways i got one from mIRC before but it wasnt corporate because i had to activate it. Anyways the xp im using right now , i got it from suprnova and works flawlessly...

Be nice yoube ! Thats were I got my first one ! From Lamsey's pin, of cource I wouldn't bother now . I find emule or limewire fits the bill .

Yes lamsey's pin up of verified xp's , was one the reasons that influenced me to get xp from kazaa lite :sick:

orcutt989
01-15-2005, 08:17 PM
As i said .... I downloaded it a long time ago , about 1 1/2-2 years ago. I only had 56k and i downloaded most of my apps (photoshop, paintshop pro, norton) from kazaa and all of them worked except for the windows corp. Plus i had 56k at that time , and kazaa was my best alternative. Anyways i got one from mIRC before but it wasnt corporate because i had to activate it. Anyways the xp im using right now , i got it from suprnova and works flawlessly...

Yes lamsey's pin up of verified xp's , was one the reasons that influenced me to get xp from kazaa lite :sick:

Okay I apologise for my post, but next time explain yourself, and ridicule will not come your way. :)

05-15-2007, 07:53 AM
I cant believe you refferred to windows as important... and mocked someone for getting it from kazaa... yeah, I agree kazaa got annoying and slow a long time ago. But windows is such a pain in the butt that I treat it like this " I paid for XP once when I bought my system, so when it crashes fatally and I need to format and start over. I can get my copy wherever. and since it doesn't want to accept the s/n from the back of my case, I'll just use one that's probably considered less than legal. but I own a s/n and paid for the software, so there's no way I'm paying more just because they use rediculous whatnot to try to stop pirating. which is retarted anyway, because the best they're going to get is just stopping illegal copies from using the microsoft website to upgrade, and there's already quite a few alternatives. I usually use autopatcher, it's nice when I'm reinstalling. I reinstall a lot because I tweak windows too much and it stops working. I look forward to the games of the world migrating to a more "anything goes, you paid for it" kind of OS.