PDA

View Full Version : Http://www.donkax.com/bittorrent/

junkyardking
04-01-2003, 10:18 AM
a denial of service(dos) attack was done on http://www.donkax.com/bittorrent/
and there is doubt it will return.

here's what the site says

Donkax.com recieved a distributed denial of service attack a few days ago.

An ISP's router and colocation facilities router crashed and the IP for donkax was suspended for a week. The believed main perpetrator of this attack was discovered a few hours after the event had happened.

He goes by the name 'Hex' on the internet and he used mIRC trojan bots to attack donkax. These attack bots are controlled from an irc server Hex has with a shell company called Sparkhost. His server is at hex.sparkhost.com and the ircd is accessible from that address. Feel free to contact [email protected] on this matter regarding thier servers being used for illegal activity to host these bots.

Hex is also an irc operator on the LCIRC network where the main channel there is #sdbot, a trojan application used for DDoS attacks.

He was last seen connecting with the address of ip68-99-18-229.om.om.cox.net(his real ISP) to the Donkax IRC server with a 'few' of his trojan bots. [email protected] may be interested in that. He also seems to be part of the online game hacking clan, myg0t and often uses the name [myg0t]Hex.

I'm also pretty sure other some people in the BitTorrent community also have something do with this as some of the people that run BitTorrent groups and some users seem to have hated Donkax, the reason unknown to me.

Whether Donkax will return or not, I do not know. The colocation facility does not really want us hosting the site at their facility anymore because of the response from their ISP(group telecom). We may find alternate hosting solutions for the near 10GB of bandwidth a day that Donkax was transferring near the end of its service. Feel free to e-mail me to talk about anything

"The Avatar Man"
04-01-2003, 12:36 PM
what was donkax?

stoi
04-01-2003, 12:51 PM
the best Bittorrent site there was, im gutted it has gone, but i hope it comes back but im not holding my breath.

junkyardking
04-08-2004, 05:55 AM
Ahh the memories, a year later it has gone from one site to many with probaly a million or so users....