PDA

View Full Version : Chat

Leech_Killer
04-01-2003, 10:28 AM
I've just tried to get into Chat not the (IRC) but the other one and I must admit I've never used one before. I'm getting a new page with Nickname - light - dark - Enter #KL Chat. I enter a nickname click on the button and that gives me a page with Nickname - channels - clear - help - and some smiles along the bottom but nothing else, the whole rest of the page is completely blank.

I've tried changing channels but no difference. I've tried clicking on help but that only gives me basic help with nothing relevent. I've :rtfaq: and I've done a search but have drawn a blank on both. I've checked my firewall settings and I've had a look about for any Java plugins I might be missing, but seeing as I don't know what I'm looking for I've drawn a blank there as well.

So any ideas and what should I be seeing?

mrcall1969
04-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Leech_Killer@1 April 2003 - 11:28
I've just tried to get into Chat not the (IRC) but the other one and I must admit I've never used one before. I'm getting a new page with Nickname - light - dark - Enter #KL Chat. I enter a nickname click on the button and that gives me a page with Nickname - channels - clear - help - and some smiles along the bottom but nothing else, the whole rest of the page is completely blank.

I've tried changing channels but no difference. I've tried clicking on help but that only gives me basic help with nothing relevent. I've  :rtfaq:  and I've done a search but have drawn a blank on both. I've checked my firewall settings and I've had a look about for any Java plugins I might be missing, but seeing as I don't know what I'm looking for I've drawn a blank there as well.

So any ideas and what should I be seeing?
You did come into the #KLChat room and left straight away, this happened 2 or 3 times.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.

P.s I'd download mIRC, I find it easier and more user friendly (IMO).

Razz
04-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Well it sounds like the java applet is loading just fine just not connecting to the server correctly.
The applet will be using the same ports as internet explorer and your computer so i dont see how that should be a problem.

It MAY have been a server problem, i recommend that you try again now and if you see a list of names down the right hand side of the screen then you are connected, otherwise I will look into it for you :o

Leech_Killer
04-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Razz@1 April 2003 - 11:46
Well it sounds like the java applet is loading just fine just not connecting to the server correctly.
The applet will be using the same ports as internet explorer and your computer so i dont see how that should be a problem.

It MAY have been a server problem, i recommend that you try again now and if you see a list of names down the right hand side of the screen then you are connected, otherwise I will look into it for you :o
Ah I have to be using Internet Explorer, I always use Netscape 7. Would this make a difference?

Razz
04-01-2003, 11:05 AM
nah they all usually use the same ports anyway and if not when u try and use the applet you firewall should pop up saying allow access to this program or something similar, cos im using Opera and i have no problems