PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Guillaume
01-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Let's say that you order something off of a very big internet-based company (named after a vast south american river or a mythic all-female warrior tribe).

After more than a month, you still haven't received anything, so you send an e-mail to their customer service. They think the package is lost and send you a replacement one, no charge.

Then, on the very same day, the two packages arrive!

So what would you do?

DarthInsinuate
01-13-2005, 12:14 PM
send it back asking for a refund

DanB
Is it something anyone else would be interested in buying off you ?

Cheese
Sell the spare thing on Amazon of course! :01:

Guillaume
01-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Is it something anyone else would be interested in buying off you ?

I'm not sure. It's a collector's edition of "the lord of the rings" in one volume, but it's a tad expensive for a book. You'd have to be a super-geek to buy it.

@Cheese: that'd be a good idea if the packages didn't come from them in the first place. People in customer services aren't always bright, but I'm afraid that even they would suspect something.

manker
01-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Keep both initially, but give one away as a present.

A similar thing happened to me just before Xmas so I did that and still retained a bit of karma, I think :unsure:

Guillaume
01-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Keep both initially, but give one away as a present.

It's what I intend to do. Didn't they find out about you getting it twice?

manker
01-13-2005, 12:43 PM
It's what I intend to do. Didn't they find out about you getting it twice?If you didn't sign for them, ie. it was normal mail, then I don't think so, it's difficult to prove, anyway.

With me it was slightly different. I ordered a digital camcorder, bit fancy it was so they gave you a free kit to go with it that was worth about £50. When it arrived there were two packages containing two camcorders but no free kit. I guess some geptard packed them up wrong.

I've since given away one of them and haven't heard anything from the firm that sold me it.

DanB
01-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Bit of a result ay manker :01:

Guillaume
01-13-2005, 12:50 PM
If you didn't sign for them, ie. it was normal mail, then I don't think so, it's difficult to prove, anyway.

I did sign for one of them (the one that was sent through DHL) the other one came through normal post (which incidentally is the reason it wasn't delivered in time, curse the dyslexic mailmen!)

Sudden
01-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure. It's a collector's edition of "the lord of the rings" in one volume, but it's a tad expensive for a book. You'd have to be a super-geek to buy it.

@Cheese: that'd be a good idea if the packages didn't come from them in the first place. People in customer services aren't always bright, but I'm afraid that even they would suspect something.

http://img70.exs.cx/img70/1566/supergeek2pz.jpg

Virtualbody1234
01-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Has it not occured to anyone that the right thing to do is sent one back?

We all end up paying higher prices because of stuff like this.

Guillaume
01-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I thought about sending it back until I had to pay 7 euro VAT! :dry:
I'm not sure amazon will refund these...

manker
01-13-2005, 02:35 PM

We all end up paying higher prices because of stuff like this.Just you, VB. I take it you pay for your software, then.

So long as big companies employ geptards who send out more stuff than they should, they'll always haemorrhage money.

DarthInsinuate
01-13-2005, 02:39 PM
donate it to homeless guys as toilet paper, or sticky tape the pages to your head

TheDave
01-13-2005, 02:40 PM
sign up for a new account then from behind a proxy ask if they would pay :blink:

Yogi
01-13-2005, 02:41 PM

We all end up paying higher prices because of stuff like this.

I understand what you say.

But stuff like this is allready included in the prices.

And do you really think they would lower their prices when everybody did

the right thing???

In how many cases people get ripped of by coorporations???

Overcharging hardly ever is made up by refunds....

I too think sending it back is the right thing, but if i would....???? :whistling

Yogi

100%
01-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Amazon.com maybe get something for free!! :01:

(>Zero Cool<)
01-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Let's say that you order something off of a very big internet-based company (named after a vast south american river or a mythic all-female warrior tribe).

After more than a month, you still haven't received anything, so you send an e-mail to their customer service. They think the package is lost and send you a replacement one, no charge.

Then, on the very same day, the two packages arrive!

So what would you do?

If you begin to feel bad about keeping it just think....'at least I haven't nicked a digital camcorder......that would be really bad :dry: '

:whistling :shifty:

Virtualbody1234
01-13-2005, 03:21 PM
I thought about sending it back until I had to pay 7 euro VAT! :dry:
I'm not sure amazon will refund these...
I'm sure if you explain the situation they will be more than willing to pay.

Dragoness
01-13-2005, 03:22 PM
I have ordered a lot of things from there and have never signed for one of them..so I don't think signing for them is a big factor here.

Obviously it is there fault and they made you wait all that time..so I would say, keep both of them, wait a while and if you hear nothing from them, then give it to someone as a pressie. Its always best to be safe incase they get funny about it, but I can't see that happening...they are a massive company and losing one item isn't going to worry them especially as they made you wait all that time in the beginning :)