PDA

View Full Version : Prince Harry

(>Zero Cool<)
01-13-2005, 03:03 PM
What the fook is he all about :no:

do you lot think the royal family serve any purpose 'cept for attracting tourists? :dry:

100%
01-13-2005, 03:07 PM
purpose?: ask the tabloid magazines & newspapers how much money they make from the gossip. Plenty of purpose there.

{I}{K}{E}
01-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I dont understand why so many talk about everything he does.
If I had that shirt on on that party everything was fine. (not that I would wear it)

let him have some fun, I think he is the only royal family member from the whole world who seems to be 'normal'. everyone did stupids things when they were his age.

DanB
01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Its not like the Royal Family isn't German anyway :whistling:

Snee
01-13-2005, 04:13 PM
We don't need royals.

At best they are useless, at worst they are inbred, obnoxious and useless.

The one argument people stick to when I say we don't need them is usually that they mean lots of free PR.

I don't think lots of free PR is worth the millions the government pays them to keep their castles in order tho'. Not when this free PR comes from a bunch of inbred muppets who can't get the name of the town they are in right, in our case. And a bunch of walking scandals in yours.

(>Zero Cool<)
01-13-2005, 04:21 PM
We don't need royals.

At best they are useless, at worst they are inbred, obnoxious and useless.

The one argument people stick to when I say we don't need them is usually that they mean lots of free PR.

I don't think lots of free PR is worth the millions the government pays them to keep their castles in order tho'. Not when this free PR comes from a bunch of inbred muppets who can't get the name of the town they are in right, in our case. And a bunch of walking scandals in yours.

well said that man.

Heard a good comment from Janet Ellis this morning, ex Blue Peter and mum of Sophie. She said...roughly ;) ...... Royals are ok when they are on coins and mugs but they should never be allowed to open their mouths and should stay well away from anything that matters. :01:

{I}{K}{E}
01-13-2005, 04:57 PM
well said that man.

Heard a good comment from Janet Ellis this morning, ex Blue Peter and mum of Sophie. She said...roughly ;) ...... Royals are ok when they are on coins and mugs but they should never be allowed to open their mouths and should stay well away from anything that matters. :01:

Here in the netherlands, Royals cant give their opinion before the AIVD says its ok :frusty:

Gemby!
01-13-2005, 05:04 PM
He dressed as a Nazi .....Teehee

Dumbass

Biggles
01-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Eejit!

Most people would get away with such a costume but if you are in the public eye you have to consider how the rodents in Fleet Street will milk it.

He has been well and truly pawned.

Eeejit! :dry:

jetje
01-13-2005, 07:13 PM
who's Prince Harry? the only Prince i know is TAFKAP aka the Symbol or is he Prince again or... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Biggles
01-13-2005, 07:15 PM
who's Prince Harry? the only Prince i know is TAFKAP aka the Symbol or is he Prince again or... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Teh Princess Diana's second son - third in line to the throne.

jetje
01-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Teh Princess Diana's second son - third in line to the throne.

Princess Diana is she in the princess Diaries :unsure: :unsure:
http://www.film-releases.com/posters/poster-princessdiaries2.jpg
tought the princess was the only one that could go for the throne????

100%
01-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Could somebody please post a pic of this sweater
so that i know what to or not to wear to my wedding

Jon L. Obscene
01-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I think it's hysterical :lol:

He ain't gonna apologise and their now gonna enforce some form of rule for fancy dress places so that same costume can't be gotten from a shop :lol:
Thats what they reckoned on the radio, I just think it's funny, I never liked Harry..............til now :lol:

Jonno :cool:

Barbarossa
01-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Maybe he should have dressed up as a vampire..

Oh no wait.. that would have upset the Transylvanians..

What about a skeleton?

Oh, that might upset anorexics.

I guess he just can't win....

Poor Harry. What a load of fuss about nothing. Still, at least he had a good time at the party... :1eye:

manker
01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
What a load of fuss about nothing.He wore a fucking swastika on his arm :blink:

I don't think I have to point out the implications of a guy doing this who is perpetually in the public eye and third in line to the English throne.

I'm not talking about our image to the world, particularly. I'm empathising more with the people, like my Bamp, who fought for King and Country and now have to endure the sight of a member of the royal family trivialising it.

DanB
01-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Especially just around the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz ffs

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Well now William has been blamed too, their both being sent to a Nazi death camp to be taught a lesson.

Right for those of you non english who think the royal family is wonderful, do some reading on this incident, which imo is not an incident.
I've been to many fancy dress parties and people have been dressed as hitler or some pirate or murderer etc etc, no one took offence cos you're taking the piss out of them, it's not like Harry got *skins* tattooed on his forehead and went round shouting rascist comments and beating up certain ethnic groups.

How fucking pathetic are the Royals and the British public, so now their gonna spend more of our money to "Teach the boys a lesson"

What I say to the Royals.........HELLO!!!!!!!!! it's 2005 not 1922, wake up and smell the real world, creep out from under the outdated rock and take a look around you pathetic bunch of spounging lazy wankers.

Anyone who's offended by that can kiss my arse.

Do away with the Royal Family, they cost the British public too much money and are now no more than a tourist atraction.

DanB
01-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Jonno, the point is that a member of the Royal Family should really have a bit more 'upstairs' to know that wearing a Nazi uniform complete with swatiska is going to upset a lot of people.

manker
01-14-2005, 12:46 PM
No-one will be offended by your view on the royal family, Jonno.

However, It's a bit rich to condone anyone wearing nazi garb, whatever the circumstances.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 01:02 PM
@Dan........ Yeah he prolly done it on purpose to wind up sad people.

@Manker.... I don't see any difference to wearing an English battle uniform from way back when we were just as bad.
It's a fancy dress party ffs, ok so he knew it would upset people, but look at the shit he's been getting lately, would'nt you rebel? I fucking would.
The poor lad can't have a shit without doing it wrong.

DanB
01-14-2005, 01:09 PM
So people that get offended by it are sad?

Just to put it in context in Germany it is illegal to wear a swatsika, yet you seem to think that a Royal Family memmber wearing a swatsika is somehow okay and people should't be upset by it?

Your a cawk. Just think of all the ex serviceman sitting at home yesterday who fought for their country to beat the Nazi's and there on the news ad all over the papers is someone 3rd in line to the throne dressed up like Rommel.

edit - and I know it was just for a party not his choice of daily attire but thats really neither here or there

manker
01-14-2005, 01:15 PM

@Manker.... I don't see any difference to wearing an English battle uniform from way back when we were just as bad.
It's a fancy dress party ffs, ok so he knew it would upset people, but look at the shit he's been getting lately, would'nt you rebel? I fucking would.

Jonno :cool:I hardly think that the British (not English - our army encompassed many more nations than just England) Soldiers were 'just as bad'. Of course there were occasions where we did bad things, but I don't believe systematic genocide was on the agenda.

Earlier you suggested that foreigners read up on this incident. I implore you to read up on WWII, clearly you know very little about it.

Would a reinactment of Ken Biggely's decapitation complete with orange jumpsuits and fake machetes be alright for a fancy dress party toom, That pales in comparison with the atrocities commited by the Nazis in WWII.

Are fancy dress parties somehow exempt from common decency and notions of respect.

He did the wrong thing and disrespected everyone that fought in the name of his Great-Grandfather. Maybe people with a Jewish heritage would object a tad too.

In fact anyone with a shred of decency in their body should object if they see some idiot sporting a swastika in public. It's not acceptable.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Ok so if it's so wrong, why can you hire the costume?

Answer me that.

@Dan.... You say it's ilegal in Germany, that's Germany, this is England, different laws.

I'm not saying what he did was a good thing or right, what I'm pissed about is the amount of attention it's getting.
No one blinks if a comedien does a Nazi sketch on their show, it's simply cos he's Royal, anyone else and no one would bat an eyelid and I personally think he done it for this exact reason. When was the last time you saw or heard anything good or nice about Harry?
How would you feel? your brother can't do a thing wrong yet everything you do you get critisised for.

And before anyone starts, no I don't support the Nazi thing or anything of the sort, I just believe this has been blown way out of proportion once again.

And all this will do is push Harry further away from the Royal's way of life.

If he had gone dressed as Longshanks everyone would have thought it was great, English king etc, yet tell me the difference between him and Hitler?

@Manker........
I hardly think that the British (not English - our army encompassed many more nations than just England) Soldiers were 'just as bad'. Of course there were occasions where we did bad things, but I don't believe systematic genocide was on the agenda.

Check your history, look up the term "Prima Nocta" (possibly spelt wrong lol)
The British have been bastards in the past.

DanB
01-14-2005, 01:33 PM
, it's simply cos he's Royal,

You have hit the nail on the head, well done :)

Prima Nocta - is that where the English king or whatever took the bride on her first night? Thats hardly comparable to death camps and genocide :huh:

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes but it's bollocks, the whole Royal thing.

And again, answer me why you can hire the costume if it's so bad?

See, it's one rule for one and one for another, I really feel sorry for Harry, and as for William being punished cos he did'nt stop him, well how bloody medievil can you get, the whole thing is a croc of shit.

@Dan.... Thats a pretty way of putting it, how about it's where the King rapes your wife before you are allowed to touch her on pain of death. Nice huh.
My point being, if he had dressed as anyone like that, a British "Bad man" from history and no one would have minded.

DanB
01-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah my heart bleeds for them, they have such a hard life :(

Because they are supposed to be the monarchy, the country is supposed to look up to them and they are meant to set a good example. Not running round getting pissed dressed up a nazi's wearing swstikas.

fuck, If i walked down the road wearing a swastika I'd get my head kicked in

edit - Jonno can you tell me how Prima Nocta is comparable to Hitler?

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Yes you would, and like I keep saying, that is why he done it, he's rebelling and I don't blame him.
Setting a good example?

You go turn your back on the Queen, see what happens.
Are they better than us?

No, their shit still comes out their arse and smells, only difference is we pay for someone to wipe her arse.

Causing an argument with Australia cos the Prime Minister put his hand on the Queens shoulder, great example setting.

@Dan..... Prima Nocta was an example, it's basically genocide before birth, an attempt to wipe out a race of people in the breeding process because they were to damn tough to beat on a battle field.
Hitler wanted rid of Races of people, so did Longshanks, they just done it different ways.

btw, let me make clear I have absolutley no alegience to Hitler and share the same hatred for him and his ideas and actions as any other normal civilised person :)

bigboab
01-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Freddie Starr used to come on dressed in the full Nazi regalia. Most people thought it was hilarious. Never saw 'much' public outcry.

Prince Harry was at a private party. It is really the photographer/reporter who has caused all this fuss. IMO Harry has just been a silly wee boy. I'm sure his grandad will put a flea in his ear.

@Jonno. Of course he will have trouble shitting. He is always third in line for the throne. :)

manker
01-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Anyone who hires that costume is either bigoted or an idiot. Anyone who makes it available for hire is either bigoted, an idiot or has a disproportional sense of greed over common decency.

The difference between Edward I and Hitler is about 700 hundred years. Neanderthal man was a cannibal, so fucking what.

The point is that in many people's lifetimes a group of men, united under the swatsika, tried to commit genocide on their way to world domination. Many of our countrymen died trying to stop it happening to future generations - they suceeded too. Did you know. That's why we're typing in English.

I respect those men for what they did, not just from the UK but from all over the world. I also consider wearing a swastika to be in direct conflict with that same respect AND anyone who condones wearing a swastika, I'll tar with the same brush.

I couldn't care less about 'poor' Harry but the fact that he is in the worldwide public eye means that he has trivialised the pain and suffering of families all over the globe. He's delivered a direct insult to those that fought and lost their lives. Or were plain murdered.

If you think that's acceptable, you're an idiot.

btw:

When was the last time you saw or heard anything good or nice about Harry?Can you get any more pathetic.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Freddie Starr used to come on dressed in the full Nazi regalia. Most people thought it was hilarious. Never saw 'much' public outcry.

See my point earlier, it's all bollocks.

Prince Harry was at a private party. It is really the photographer/reporter who has caused all this fuss. IMO Harry has just been a silly wee boy. I'm sure his grandad will put a flea in his ear.

Excellent point Bob, kinda wish I had thought of that :lol:

Private party, no public person should have even known.

DanB
01-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Anyone who hires that costume is either bigoted or an idiot. Anyone who makes it available for hire is either bigoted, an idiot or has a disproportional sense of greed over common decency.

The difference between Edward I and Hitler is about 700 hundred years. Neanderthal man was a cannibal, so fucking what.

The point is that in many people's lifetimes a group of men, united under the swatsika, tried to commit genocide on their way to world domination. Many of our countrymen died trying to stop it happening to future generations - they suceeded too. Did you know. That's why we're typing in English.

I respect those men for what they did, not just from the UK but from all over the world. I also consider wearing a swastika to be in direct conflict with that same respect AND anyone who condones wearing a swastika, I'll tar with the same brush.

I couldn't care less about 'poor' Harry but the fact that he is in the worldwide public eye means that he has trivialised the pain and suffering of families all over the globe. He's delivered a direct insult to those that fought and lost their lives. Or were plain murdered.

Just what I was going to write, damn post thief :dry:

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Anyone who hires that costume is either bogoted or an idiot. Anyone who makes it available for hire is either bigoted, an idiot or has a disproportional sense of greed over common decency.

btw:

Can you get any more pathetic.

I shall remind you of this post should you ever make a joke about the Germans (think Falwty Towers which I would assume you found funny) or anything else where people have suffered.

And once again, I know all about Hitler and what happend and do not in the slightest respect nor follow him or his ideals, my point is this thing has been blown way over the top and doing what they are doing just shows how backward the Royals are.

If he apologises will the public be happy?
No, they want him punished, bit fucking sick if you ask me, I dare say if they had their way he would be flogged.

Btw, I don't think it's acceptable, I never said it was, please refrain from twisting what I am saying, once again my point is the over reaction this is getting, why should William be punished?
Why can you hire this costume if it's so offensive? Why is it not law (as dan said ) to not be allowed to show the Swastica?

AGAIN!! I don't condone what he did, but I do think the reaction is way over the top.

DanB
01-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I think a public apology would be more than sufficient, rather than the fawning statement Clarence House issued yesterday

edit - I am going to start a poll on the matter, lets see what people think shall we

Snee
01-14-2005, 01:54 PM
In all fairness, looking back far enough, the British and/or English have done their fair share of murdering. The prima nocte thing was a method of diluting the blood of whoever was occupied at the time, the scottish I think, and it came with a sideorder of tyranny and senseless murder.

Then there was quite a lot of trouble in the colonies, as in Africa, with oppression and what have you, too. And there's Ireland of course where both sides are guilty of quite a lot.

I dare say any nation that once tried to build an empire, including my own, has had a lot of bad history.

But there's really not one symbol you can point to that embodies that atrocity the way the swastika unfortunatly does. And I still think that showing up garbed in a nazi uniform is an act of poor taste, supremely so if this is done by a public figure.

Especially sad about the swastika is how the nazis more or less copied/stole a rather benign symbol.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 01:54 PM
I think a public apology would be more than sufficient, rather than the fawning statement Clarence House issued yesterday

This is my point Dan, it wont be enough, they will both be forced to go to this nazi death camp and aparently forced to watch Schindlers List to teach them a lesson.

Harry did what he did in jest, he's not exactly part of the National Front is he :rolleyes:

DanB
01-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Harry did what he did in jest, he's not exactly part of the National Front is he :rolleyes:

No one has said he is :unsure:

Snee
01-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Lots of people go to auswitch, and schindler's list isn't that horrible to watch.
People do need to be reminded that it happened, and it won't hurt them to go there.

In fact, maybe it should be mandatory for anyone who is to be given any power, it should be a good reminder of what you absolutely can't do.

manker
01-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I shall remind you of this post should you ever make a joke about the Germans (think Falwty Towers which I would assume you found funny) or anything else where people have suffered.

And once again, I know all about Hitler and what happend and do not in the slightest respect nor follow him or his ideals, my point is this thing has been blown way over the top and doing what they are doing just shows how backward the Royals are.

If he apologises will the public be happy?
No, they want him punished, bit fucking sick if you ask me, I dare say if they had their way he would be flogged.

Btw, I don't think it's acceptable, I never said it was, please refrain from twisting what I am sayingYou don't think it's acceptable but you do think it's hysterical. You now like Harry just because he wore a swastika on his arm. I don't think I'm twisting your words. I'm reacting to your points earlier in the thread. I think you've decided to alter your view about wearing swastikas. Well done.

I don't make jokes about genocide and I don't think racism is funny.

Also I've not commented on the public outcry to this, I care little of what the reactionaries in our society think, I care more of the feelings experienced by those most closely affected by the nazis.
Why can you hire this costume if it's so offensive? Why is it not law (as dan said ) to not be allowed to show the Swastica?We live in a permissive society, people are allowed to do lots of things that I consider wrong. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean that it is morally right. For fucks sake, think for yourself man.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Lots of people go to auswitch, and schindler's list isn't that horrible to watch.
People do need to be reminded that it happened, and it won't hurt them to go there.

In fact, maybe it should be mandatory for anyone who is to be given any power, it should be a good reminder of what you absolutely can't do.

Sorry Mr.S I dissagree, I don't see the need to keep reminding people of the past, we all know what happend. If thats the case people should all go to a thousand other places where similar things have happend.

Rememberance day is for those who fought for freedom and lost their lives, not a reminder of how bad Hitler was, personally I think it would be better and more dissrespectfull to Hitler to wipe it from history.
There are still people who hate German people due to this, is that right?
No.

New century, why can't we move forward instead of hanging onto the past?

DanB
01-14-2005, 02:05 PM
It could of been worse, he nearly went as one of the SS for fecks sake :dry:

manker
01-14-2005, 02:08 PM
personally I think it would be better and more dissrespectfull to Hitler to wipe it from history.Jonno, ever hear someone say that you learn from your mistakes. If people forget about those mistakes then how are they to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Are you feeling quite OK?

Snee
01-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Sorry Mr.S I dissagree, I don't see the need to keep reminding people of the past, we all know what happend.
That would be 'cos people are reminded of the past.

DanB
01-14-2005, 02:09 PM
I have just read a quote in the paper which I think sums it up perfectly Jonno

You are talking about a war in which millions of people in Europe were killed and terribly injured because of one man - Hitler. And the swastika was the symbol he used for his evil regime

Maybe thats why the outcry?

DanB
01-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Sorry Mr.S I dissagree, I don't see the need to keep reminding people of the past, we all know what happend. If thats the case people should all go to a thousand other places where similar things have happend.

Rememberance day is for those who fought for freedom and lost their lives, not a reminder of how bad Hitler was, personally I think it would be better and more dissrespectfull to Hitler to wipe it from history.
There are still people who hate German people due to this, is that right?
No.

New century, why can't we move forward instead of hanging onto the past?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

manker
01-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I think I said that, Dan :unsure:

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 02:12 PM
You don't think it's acceptable but you do think it's hysterical. You now like Harry just because he wore a swastika on his arm. I don't think I'm twisting your words. I'm reacting to your points earlier in the thread. I think you've decided to alter your view about wearing swastikas. Well done.

No, I don't think the act it's self was funny, what I find funny is the rebelious streak, Dianna done it, Fergy done it, things the Royal Family thought were bad and they were outcasted for it.
I like anything that upsets the Royals simply because I don't like them.
That's my right.

I don't make jokes about genocide and I don't think racism is funny.

So you did'nt laugh at Fawlty Towers - The Germans episode?

Also I've not commented on the public outcry to this, I care little of what the reactionaries in our society think, I care more of the feelings experienced by those most closely affected by the nazis.We live in a permissive society, people are allowed to do lots of things that I consider wrong. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean that it is morally right. For fucks sake, think for yourself man.

I am thinking for myself thank you :)
These are my opinions and I am entitled to them.

I'm not gonna keep repeating myself, nor am I gonna allow you to try to make me out to be a hitler lover, I've stated what I thought was funny, I've made my points, I've put flaws in the system with reguards to what is allowed and what is'nt.

My points in short:

1: His rebelious streak I find comical, same as when he was caught drunk and smoking pot.

2: I don't have any respect for Hitler or his ideals.

3: The public outcry for punishment is pathetic.

4: Had it been any other public figure no one would have cared.

DanB
01-14-2005, 02:12 PM
I think I said that, Dan :unsure:

it was better from the paper being said by an 82 year old man who fought though

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Jonno, ever hear someone say that you learn from your mistakes. If people forget about those mistakes then how are they to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Are you feeling quite OK?

So you would like to go to the place where your Grandmother or some other relation was brutally murdered?

You would like to see reinactments on tv?

Personally I would'nt.

DanB
01-14-2005, 02:14 PM
4: Had it been any other public figure no one would have cared.

Thats purely hypothetical, I don't think anyone will make the mistake of even attemopting after this.

What public figure you have in mind anyway? I reckon if that was a pic of Tony Blair at a fancy dress party wearing the costume the outcry would have been worse

manker
01-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Jonno, I said that wearing a swastika was unacceptable. you replied:

@Manker.... I don't see any difference to wearing an English battle uniform from way back when we were just as bad. It's a fancy dress party ffsThat is why I've been explaining to you the reasons as to why it is unacceptable.

I'm glad you now believe it's unacceptable to wear a swastika in public :)

Snee
01-14-2005, 02:16 PM
I dare say people would have been slightly miffed if for example Tony Blair had donned the same uniform and gotten himself photographed.

I think, though I'd rather it wasn't so, that people are upset because someone they consider a rolemodel, and someone with influence, strapped on the uniform what they consider to be the most evil coherent unit in modern times.

People wearing that uniform turned human beings into soap, ffs.

DanB
01-14-2005, 02:16 PM
So you would like to go to the place where your Grandmother or some other relation was brutally murdered?

Would that be like when there is a bike crash and the family leave flowers at the scene? :unsure: Lots of people do that

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 02:18 PM
:lol: That would be funny :lol:

See, this is what I'm saying, ok it's wrong, but I find it really funny when someone is such a position does something like this.

Anyway, you guys are refusing to see any of my points and seem to be twisting what I'm saying, I've said I thought it was wrong several times so I have agreed with you.

My points have not been whether what he done was right or wrong, but the overeaction of the Royals and the public to something which on the grand scale of things means absolutely fuck all.

He wore a fancy dress, big deal, he will apologise, end of story right?
But no, it will be going on for ages and he will never be allowed to forget it.

manker
01-14-2005, 02:18 PM

You would like to see reinactments on tv?

Personally I would'nt.

Jonno :cool:Yes I'd go to pay my respects.

I'd hate for it to be forgotten, wiped from history.

It may make me personally uncomfortable and upset me a little but it's all for ther greater good.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Would that be like when there is a bike crash and the family leave flowers at the scene? :unsure: Lots of people do that

No, it would be like the mangled car is left there so everyone can see exactly how they died.

IMO anyway., I personally would not like to see somethng like that, I actually avoid a certain road in my town where a friend was killed on a bike due to the nature of how it happend and I find it upsetting. Plus the mark is still on the side of the road where his handlebar goudged some tarmac, this is 6 years later.

manker
01-14-2005, 02:21 PM
he will never be allowed to forget it.Jonno, that's a good thing.

We learn from our mistakes. He must learn from this and never do it again, if he forgets about it then the idiot may again do likewise.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Skewing off topic here lol

@Manker...... yes thats your personal preference, I have mine to :)

Snee
01-14-2005, 02:25 PM
No, it would be like the mangled car is left there so everyone can see exactly how they died.

Actually it wouldn't, auswitch is just a set of ruins, and schindler's list doesn't begin to describe exactly how it must have been like for those there.

manker
01-14-2005, 02:26 PM
On the assumption that your "Bamp" is a member of your family, I 100% agree with your sentiment. I think this really was outrageous, with the only excuse being that he is just too thick to realize what a dreadfully insensitive thing it was to do. To say nothing of the fact that someone within his entourage must have seen it. He did not go to a shop buy this and wear it without anyone else seeing it. Having said that he may have been advised against it but wore it anyway.

The crap about Freddie Star etc is specious. They are mocking the people who commit these atrocities, not emulating them.

His Father is an idiot and his Grandfather is a racist idiot, his family is totally dysfunctional It is hardly surprising that he turned out not to understand how this would be seen.

I'm afraid that daft laddie syndrome does not excuse it when it's this bad.
Yeah, Bamp is my Grandfather.

Obviously I can identify with your thoughts on this issue. I seriously cannot uphold the thinking of anyone who says 'it was only a costume'.

RF was talking of the Noblesse Oblige the other day :lol:

DanB
01-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Actually it wouldn't, auswitch is just a set of ruins, and schindler's list doesn't begin to describe exactly how it must have been like for those there.

Unfortunately thats very true

bigboab
01-14-2005, 02:27 PM
The crap about Freddie Star etc is specious. They are mocking the people who commit these atrocities, not emulating them.

How do we know that Harry was not mocking them too. If this was the case then it would make this whole thread crap.

manker
01-14-2005, 02:28 PM
@Manker...... yes thats your personal preference, I have mine to :)
So I'm prepared to undergo a little personal discomfort for the greater societal good and you're not.

It's a free country, I guess :ermm:

DanB
01-14-2005, 02:29 PM
How do we know that Harry was not mocking them too. If this was the case then it would make this whole thread crap.

Cos Prince Harry wasn't doing a stand up show and isn't a comedian perhaps? :huh:

manker
01-14-2005, 02:31 PM
How do we know that Harry was not mocking them too. If this was the case then it would make this whole thread crap.You believe Harry was mocking them. Please explain a little more, Boab.

In what way did you perceive him to be mocking. How is wearing a swastika, smoking cigarettes, drinking Pimms and having a laugh with your mates mocking the nazi ideal.

I do all of things wearing a Man Utd t-shirt on occasion - swap the Pimms for Babycham - yet I don't feel as if I'm mocking them.

What an odd comment you've made.

Snee
01-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Cos Prince Harry wasn't doing a stand up show and isn't a comedian perhaps? :huh:
Maybe he wore silly underwear underneath. Or did he wear clown shoes, did anyone see his feet? :unsure:

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 02:32 PM
So I'm prepared to undergo a little personal discomfort for the greater societal good and you're not.

It's a free country, I guess :ermm:

Is it wrong that I don't go to funerals if I can help it?

I did'nt go to my friends funeral, but I did pay my respects, he asked me to ride a wave for him (fellow surfer died of cancer at 30y/o) , I did that.
Can I not pay my respects in my own way?
Do I not have that right? Am I a bad person for that?

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 02:33 PM

No, he was at a private fancy dress party.

No one should have seen it, a stand up comic does it for the public, I think there is the peverbial nail being hit on teh head :)

Snee
01-14-2005, 02:34 PM

I did'nt go to my friends funeral, but I did pay my respects, he asked me to ride a wave for him (fellow surfer died of cancer at 30y/o) , I did that.

You want to forget the genocide tho'.

That's not the same thing as not going to the funeral. More like making yourself forget he was ever there.

manker
01-14-2005, 02:34 PM

Do I not have that right? Am I a bad person for that?I couldn't care less.

You stated earlier that wearing a swastika was OK. You've changed your mind, presumably because of this thread, I'm happy with that.

:)

DanB
01-14-2005, 02:35 PM

wtf as this got to do with your suggestion of wiping Hitler from history? :blink:

By remembering him you aren't paying yor respects you're learning about teh evil and educating on what is blatantly unacceptable and ensuring it can't happen again

Snee
01-14-2005, 02:36 PM

No one should have seen it, a stand up comic does it for the public, I think there is the peverbial nail being hit on teh head :)

He's constantly watched by the media, it's how his fancy education and lifestyle are paid for.

There ain't no such thing as private for him, that's the price he pays for being a prince.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 02:39 PM
I couldn't care less.

You stated earlier that wearing a swastika was OK.

Whoa whoa at what point did I make that statement?

I have said numorous times in this thread he was wrong to do it, my whole argument is against the overeaction of the public and the need for him to be punished for it.

@Dan...... I know what's right and wrong and personally would prefer not to be reminded of it, I know the history of the war, I know what happend, I have learnt all I wish to learn on the subject.

bigboab
01-14-2005, 02:41 PM
You know as well as I do that he was not mocking them.

I dont know because I was not there.

manker
01-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Whoa whoa at what point did I make that statement?

I have said numorous times in this thread he was wrong to do it, my whole argument is against the overeaction of the public and the need for him to be punished for it.

Bollocks. I couldn't give a flying fuck about what you think about the public outcry, I wouldn't have batted an eye and haven't referred to it.

Scroll up or click the link (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=972809&postcount=52) for my post highlighting your view with which I objected.

Of course, subsequently you decided that it's bad to wear it. That's a good thing, I feel all warm inside :)

ziggyjuarez
oh nos its a nazi :ohmy:
http://www.dhnet.be/pictures_news/art_30909.jpg

DanB

Nothing in his life is private, you and i well know that :dry:

Yogi
01-14-2005, 02:46 PM
I visited two camps with gaschambers in poland, now musea.

That visit is printed in my memory forever; the pictures shown were too shocking

for words.

I lived with a jewish family for several years.

My "foster"-grandma lost 72 relatives during the war.

I don't give a fuck about some dork Harry.

Anyone wearing a swastika(apart from movies or stageplays) for fun(When it

is used as a Nazisymbol.), should be punishable by law.

And the idea to let this Harry-character visit auswitch, is a good idea.

After he did some time in jail, preferably in very bad conditions.

Let us never say again: Wir haben es nicht gewusst.

yogi

Snee
01-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Wearing one of these (http://web.singnet.com.sg/~sidneys/Swastika.htm) doesn't necessarily mean that you are a nazi.

It's also about context, hitler was a thief who couldn't even dream up his own symbol, so he had to corrupt something pure.

It's almost comparable to stealing the crucifix, as a symbol.

That's the flipped up thing, many only remember it for the evil deeds the nazis did, so the nazis managed to spit on buddhism. Which isn't nearly as bad as trying to wipe out every follower of judaeism but it's still a crime.

EDit: I blame people who keep wearing it like that harry character did for perpetuating this, they keep churning up emotion like this and adding more negtivity to the symbol in the eyes of the public.

Yogi
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Wearing one of these (http://web.singnet.com.sg/~sidneys/Swastika.htm) doesn't necessarily mean that you are a nazi.

It's also about context, hitler was a thief who couldn't even dream up his own symbol, so he had to corrupt something pure.

That's the flipped up thing, many only remember it for the evil deeds the nazis did, so the nazis managed to spit on buddhism. Which isn't nearly as bad as trying to wipe out every follower of judaeism but it's still a crime.

You are right.

I correct my above statement with the addition:

When it is worn as a Nazisymbol.

Yogi

manker
01-14-2005, 02:53 PM

That's the flipped up thing, many only remember it for the evil deeds the nazis did, so the nazis managed to spit on buddhism. Which isn't nearly as bad as trying to wipe out every follower of judaeism but it's still a crime.Quite, but the magnitude of the atrocities has wiped out any other meaning that the symbol has for countless billions of people.

Similarly the name Adolf used to be popular in Germany, now it is unused.

bigboab
01-14-2005, 02:54 PM

EDit: I blame people who keep wearing it like that harry character did for perpetuating this, they keep churning up emotion like this and adding more negtivity to the symbol in the eyes of the publc.

Your right Snny, as usual. :) Hitler actually took a syblol that represented good and spoilt it forever. Some of the American army had the symbol on their uniform in the first world war.

I must learn to spell symbol. :rolleyes:

Snee
01-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Quite, but the magnitude of the atrocities has wiped out any other meaning that the symbol has for countless billions of people.

Similarly the name Adolf used to be popular in Germany, now it is unused.
It actually hasn't wiped out the meaning for everyone, not for a lot of people east of us. The problem is that for some people, wearing a symbol of their own religion when they come to the wrong country might mean they'll get the **** kicked out of them. Or that they'll get arrested, in Germany.

Mind you, while both are called swastikas one goes counter-clockwise, and one clockwise, but what with some people being idiots you can't count on that saving you.

And given that there's only five or six billions of people on the planet, countless is probably the wrong word :lol: :P

@Bob: It is a symbol of protection for some, so that doesn't surprise me at all.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Bollocks. I couldn't give a flying fuck about what you think about the public outcry, I wouldn't have batted an eye and haven't referred to it.

Scroll up or click the link (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=972809&postcount=52) for my post highlighting your view with which I objected.

Of course, subsequently you decided that it's bad to wear it. That's a good thing, I feel all warm inside :)

I would like an explination of where in that post I said it was ok to wear it?

I said there's no difference to wearing an English uniform, think of it from say "Argentina's pov" someone we invaded for no reason, I think you would be scorned just as bad, thats what I said, I never said it was ok.

Once again, please not to be trying to twist my words :)

And if you had actually read my posts, you would see my whole point right from the start was the Over reaction of the RF and public.

DanB
01-14-2005, 03:07 PM
In China they still use thier version on food to show it is suitable for vegetarians

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 03:09 PM
In China they still use thier version on food to show it is suitable for vegetarians

Well there you go then, Harry was simply saying he was suitable for vegertarians :lol:

Snee
01-14-2005, 03:10 PM
You know, his is the counterclockwise symbol, so he's prolly not suitable for vegetarians, not even in China.

No offense meant to anyone chinese looking in on this.

bigboab
01-14-2005, 03:10 PM
So you only have an opinion if you were present at the event. Nonsense, you have an opinion on his intent.
I always had this impression that knowing and having an opinion were two different things.

DanB
01-14-2005, 03:12 PM
You know, his is the counterclockwise symbol, so he's prolly not suitable for vegetarians, not even in China.

No offense meant to anyone chinese looking in on this.

:lol: when i said their I did mean the clockwise one

Snee
01-14-2005, 03:14 PM
In some ways his very existance is a mockery.

Just not of nazism.

manker
01-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I think it's hysterical :lol:
I just think it's funny, I never liked Harry..............til now :lol:
I've been to many fancy dress parties and people have been dressed as hitlerAnyone wearing a swastika would get the shit kicked out of them in normal society. Do you go to a lot of right wing bashes.

It's a bit rich to condone anyone wearing nazi garb, whatever the circumstances.Your reply:
I don't see any difference to wearing an English battle uniform from way back when we were just as bad.
It's a fancy dress party ffs

Ok so if it's so wrong, why can you hire the costume?If you knew it was already wrong, why ask. Why are you trying to prove my assertion that it is wrong to be incorrect?

10 minutes later:

Btw, I don't think it's acceptable, I never said it wasLovely stuff, glad I could help enlighten you :)

bigboab
01-14-2005, 03:18 PM
So do you have an opinion, was he mocking them.

I very much think not, what about you.

No I was not mocking the Nazis. :lol:

In my opinion, knowing his family history of sympathy(If that is the correct word) with the Nazi movement, I dont think he was mocking them. :(

manker
01-14-2005, 03:20 PM
It actually hasn't wiped out the meaning for everyone, not for a lot of people east of us. The problem is that for some people, wearing a symbol of their own religion when they come to the wrong country might mean they'll get the **** kicked out of them. Or that they'll get arrested, in Germany.

Mind you, while both are called swastikas one goes counter-clockwise, and one clockwise, but what with some people being idiots you can't count on that saving you.

And given that there's only five or six billions of people on the planet, countless is probably the wrong word :lol: :P:lol:

Yeah, I did notice the countless billions thing :doh: straight after posting, was hoping I'd get away with it tho' :D

My point is that we don't live in the East, in our society it's unacceptable.

It certainly is a problem if they wear a badge expressing their beliefs and get beaten up, likewise it's also a problem if they display a badge that's disrespectful to our heritage while visiting or residing within our culture.

A bit of common sense and research on behalf of the Buddhist should sort it out tho'.

Snee
01-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Our royal house sympathised with the nazis too, apparently kings and the notion of genetic purity go hand in hand. That's prolly why they had to marry people in the family.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Anyone wearing a swastika would get the shit kicked out of them in normal society. Do you go to a lot of right wing bashes.

Your reply:

If you knew it was already wrong, why ask. Why are you trying to prove my assertion that it is wrong to be incorrect?

10 minutes later:

Lovely stuff, glad I could help enlighten you :)

Again you are twisting what I said, I have said nowhere I thought it was ok to do.
AGAIN what I found funny was the rebelion of Harry.

You are trying to make me out to be the bad guy.
You laugh at Proper Bo when he does Saddam or Bin Laden. How's it different?

Like I said, nowhere in this thread did I state it was ok to wear that simbol.
I don't think it's right. Never have.

What I think is great is the Royal Family being made a mockery of.
What annoys me is that Harry AND William are to be publically flogged for it.

Snee
01-14-2005, 03:27 PM
If it's a family tradition supporting teh nazism it's not really a rebellion tho'.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Not quite sure I follow Mr.S?

DanB
01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Again you are twisting what I said, I have said nowhere I thought it was ok to do.

I don't think it's right. Never have.

Jonno

well there you allude to say only 'sad' people will have got wound up about it and allude to the fact you'd even wear it yourself to rebel

Snee
01-14-2005, 03:31 PM
See, boab said the royals supported the nazis in the past, this might mean he was only traditional rather than rebellious when he wore the uniform. :unsure:

Or he was rubbing the family's collective nose in it, tho' the lad doesn't seem quite that bright.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 03:34 PM
:lol: You guys are having fun attempting to twist what I've said.

Again, show me where I said it was ok :)

Please, I never indicated it was ok nor did I state it.

Your assumptions and missreadings of my posts and attempts to make me out to be some form of Hitler youth member are pathetic and I take great offence to it.

So I ask you once again, show me where I said it was ok to wear that simbol?

DanB
01-14-2005, 03:38 PM
:lol: You guys are having fun attempting to twist what I've said.

Again, show me where I said it was ok :)

Please, I never indicated it was ok nor did I state it.

Your assumptions and missreadings of my posts and attempts to make me out to be some form of Hitler youth member are pathetic and I take great offence to it.

So I ask you once again, show me where I said it was ok to wear that simbol?

with comments like 'poor lad can't have a shit without doing wrong' 'ffs it was a fancy dress party' and 'I think it's hysterical' seem to give the impression of condoning it :ermm:

manker
01-14-2005, 03:38 PM

You are trying to make me out to be the bad guy.
You laugh at Proper Bo when he does Saddam or Bin Laden. How's it different?

I don't think it's right. Never have.I'm twisting nowt. I posted your words. The thread is about him wearing a swastika, you said it's funny and now you like him. Now you're saying you admire his rebellious streak. Whatever. His rebellious streak - which I would term inbred stupidity - caused him to deem it OK to wear a swastika. You still think it's a laugh.

Ok so if it's so wrong, why can you hire the costume?

If you knew it was already wrong, why ask. Why are you trying to prove my assertion that it is wrong to be incorrect?Explain.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Anyway, I'm done with this conversation.

I'm not gonna sit here and let you slander my name in this manner with only assumption as your weapon.

If you guys wish to think I'm for the Hitler ideal thats your problem not mine.

I withdraw from this pointless disscussion.

Edit: Fine once again you have managed to twist what I have said, and yet you can only come up with assumptions and wrongly reading what I've said.
I refuse to keep repeating myself.

Read back and try to read into it a little less and take my comments at face value.

Thank you for your attempts to make me out to be something I'm not.

manker
01-14-2005, 03:44 PM
You guys are having fun attempting to twist what I've said.Stop whining, it's pathetic. We're copying and pasting your words.

Please, I never indicated it was ok nor did I state it.Plead all you like, it was you that posted the words that indicate that you think it's alright.

Btw, I'm not trying to say you're a Hitler sycophant. You're just plain wrong.

Cheese
01-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Anyway, I'm done with this conversation.

I'm not gonna sit here and let you slander my name in this manner with only assumption as your weapon.

If you guys wish to think I'm for the Hitler ideal thats your problem not mine.

I withdraw from this pointless disscussion.

Edit: Fine once again you have managed to twist what I have said, and yet you can only come up with assumptions and wrongly reading what I've said.
I refuse to keep repeating myself.

Read back and try to read into it a little less and take my comments at face value.

Thank you for your attempts to make me out to be something I'm not.

Shut it, Nazi. :dry:

Gemby!
01-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Ok the prince harry thing wasnt that bad..... it was only a costume right ....?

Gemby!
01-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Why ? He was at a fancy dress thingy-ma-bob

manker
01-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Why ? He was at a fancy dress thingy-ma-bobMaybe you should read the thread, it's all explained there.

Wearing swastikas is bad. Mmkay.

Gemby!
01-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Mmkay ;)

Barbarossa
01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
It was the people in the uniforms that committed the atrocities, not the uniforms themselves.

A fancy dress party, by definition, is a party where you go dressed up in a costume, a costume presumably that your peers wouldn't normally see you in. Presumably, no-one here is trying to say that Harry is a Nazi..? (Except for the Sun... :devil: )

The public outcry on display here again is disproportionate, and is fueled by the tabloids trying to sell papers, and is being hijacked by people who like any excuse for a bit of "Royal-bashing"..

On the flip side, symbols can be quite powerful and evocative, I'm sure with the reaction of the past day, he wishes he'd gone as a Viking instead..

Oh wait no, rape and pillage and all that, perhaps a Roman Centurion instead...

Oh wait no.... :frusty:

manker
01-14-2005, 04:52 PM
It was the people in the uniforms that committed the atrocities, not the uniforms themselves.

A fancy dress party, by definition, is a party where you go dressed up in a costume, a costume presumably that your peers wouldn't normally see you in. Presumably, no-one here is trying to say that Harry is a Nazi..? (Except for the Sun... :devil: )

The public outcry on display here again is disproportionate, and is fueled by the tabloids trying to sell papers, and is being hijacked by people who like any excuse for a bit of "Royal-bashing"..

On the flip side, symbols can be quite powerful and evocative, I'm sure with the reaction of the past day, he wishes he'd gone as a Viking instead..

Oh wait no, rape and pillage and all that, perhaps a Roman Centurion instead...

Oh wait no.... :frusty:
I don't care about the public outcry, I haven't bashed the royals, I've not made any money.

I empathise with the people that Harry disrespected by wearing the symbol. It is entirely inappropriate for anyone, let alone someone perpetually in the public eye, to wear such garb.

Are you saying it's fine.

Snee
01-14-2005, 05:04 PM
I won't deny I dislike the notion of royalty, and that it's not just him I'm against here.

But when it comes to this particular action, I still think he's a moron. He IS a public figure and he does have a responsibility to the people that provides for him, if he wants himself and his family to retain the station they have. So him wearing this symbol which is abhorred by many of those he expects to pay for his upkeep, no matter if his motive was just to party and he didn't have an deeper purpose to it, was still wrong, and monumentally so.

(>Zero Cool<)
01-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I started this thread when I heard about Harrys actions which I found to be unbelievably stupid. I knew that he had a reputation for getting into mischief but I could understand all of his actions and misdemeanours up to this point but I just felt this was way worse than anything that had gone before. The arguement that it was a private party holds nothing for me, just because someone does something bad behind closed doors does not mean that they are a good person. A little extreme comparision but if someone commits a crime but they are never caught does that make them innocent?

The funny thing is that I am no longer sure what annoys me more, his actions or the fact that some people find it ok. :no:

manker
01-14-2005, 05:41 PM
The funny thing is that I am no longer sure what annoys me more, his actions or the fact that some people find it ok. :no: I certainly understand what you're saying there.

For me both annoy equally. Going off topic a bit but if you're with a group of friends and one of them makes a racist comment and you say nothing, then you're an arsehole too. It's that simple for me.

(>Zero Cool<)
01-14-2005, 05:44 PM
I certainly understand what you're saying there.

For me both annoy equally. Going off topic a bit but if you're with a group of friends and one of them makes a racist comment and you say nothing, then you're an arsehole too. It's that simple for me.

I agree with that to a certain extent, however some may find that although they strongly disagree they are not confident enough to say anything...and it would be unfair to tar them with the same brush applied to whomever made the comment or suchlike. :)

manker
01-14-2005, 05:52 PM
I agree with that to a certain extent, however some may find that although they strongly disagree they are not confident enough to say anything...and it would be unfair to tar them with the same brush applied to whomever made the comment or suchlike. :)I have to agree with that - maybe I used a bit too much rhetoric there :D

Still, I would like it if everyone thought like that.

(>Zero Cool<)
01-14-2005, 05:56 PM
I have to agree with that - maybe I used a bit too much rhetoric there :D

Still, I would like it if everyone thought like that.

indeed :)

bigboab
01-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Shut it, Nazi. :dry:

I think that this post is despicable. :( IMO an apology to Jonno would not be out of place. I have just noticed it. Why other members have not made an appropriate comment, I cannot understand. :(

DanB
01-14-2005, 06:25 PM
I think that this post is despicable. :( IMO an apology to Jonno would not be out of place. I have just noticed it. Why other members have not made an appropriate comment, I cannot understand. :(

Cos we all took it as the joke it was :huh:

manker
01-14-2005, 06:27 PM
It was plainly a joke.

Jonno made about 67 posts saying that he did not agree with the nazi ideal - anyone in their right mind can see that Jonno isn't a nazi - so Cheese made an ironic post.

It actually made me laugh out loud :ermm:

DanB
01-14-2005, 06:31 PM
But congratulations Boab its taken you a few days of being back to find something to have a 'pop' at Withcheese with :01:

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 06:34 PM
:rolleyes: Hey Bob has'nt done anything wrong, he's meerly stating he found that comment offensive, in the same way many people have found Harry's actions offensive.
Who's to say Harry did'nt do it for a joke? (was probably a dare lol).

It was about as Funny as Harry's joke really then huh :rolleyes:

Depens who views it don't you think?

Kinda puts the whole argument into context, what 1 man finds funny another man will be offended by.

It's called individualism :)

Snee
01-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Sieg Meh.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 06:38 PM
What about your sig? :huh:

manker
01-14-2005, 06:39 PM

lol?

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Laugh Out Loud :)

I went "Heh" as I typed it :lol: and just then too.

If we had a :chuckles: smilie I would have used that :)

manker
01-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Laugh Out Loud :)

I went "Heh" as I typed it :lol: and just then too.

If we had a :chuckles: smilie I would have used that :)

Jonno :cool:So you think wearing a nazi uniform complete with swastika is funny.

Edit: Or is it the daring of someone to wear it that you think funny.

DanB
01-14-2005, 06:47 PM
so are we back to square one where you think its funny again? :frusty:

Snee
01-14-2005, 06:48 PM
And here we go again...

Ah well.

EDit: btw the temp/old forum is so fast it hurts my brain...NOT!!11! :dry:

manker
01-14-2005, 06:48 PM
so are we back to square one where you think its funny again? :frusty:I know, what a tool.

He'll denounce it in a minute.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 06:49 PM
So you think wearing a nazi uniform complete with swastika is funny.

Oh ffs :lol:

Where was the "lol" situated?

In the brackets no?

Chuckling at the thought of college type dares.

Understand? it's quite simple :rolleyes:

DanB
01-14-2005, 06:49 PM

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Is that some form of apology? :P

Just please lads, stop trying to twist my words and try to pick out mistakes, it gets a little bit boring you know?

Chill dudes :D

manker
01-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Understand? it's quite simple Yep.

You posted an indication that you think it's funny to wear a swastika then denied it and said that you meant something else.

I understand it. You did it about an hour ago too.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 06:56 PM
:rolleyes: Hey Bob has'nt done anything wrong, he's meerly stating he found that comment offensive, in the same way many people have found Harry's actions offensive.

It was about as Funny as Harry's joke really then huh :rolleyes:

Depens who views it don't you think?

Kinda puts the whole argument into context, what 1 man finds funny another man will be offended by.

It's called individualism :)

Ok here's the post in question yes?

To the best of my knowledge you use brackets to say something different but related so as not to break flow of your sentence yes?
There for the piece in brackets says (was probably a dare lol). does it not?

Ok so the bit in brackets was saying that someone probably dared him to do it, therefor I chuckled at the dare being enforced, not the content of the dare.

Do you understand now ? :rolleyes:

manker
01-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Ok here's the post in question yes?

To the best of my knowledge you use brackets to say something different but related so as not to break flow of your sentence yes?
There for the piece in brackets says (was probably a dare lol). does it not?

Do you understand now ? :rolleyes:

Jonno :cool:I understood perfectly well before.

Daring someone to wear a nazi uniform IS related to the dared person wearing a nazi uniform. You expressed amusement at that dare.

Now you're saying that you find college dares funny. Fine.

But now:

Ok so the bit in brackets was saying that someone probably dared him to do it, therefor I chuckled at the dare being enforced, not the content of the dare.So you find it funny that people enforce dares where other's have to wear nazi uniform.

We're going around in circles because everytime you try to justify yourself, you end up making it worse.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 07:05 PM
LMFAO!!! :lol:

Dude you are one funny guy you know that? :lol:

Shit you should be a lawyer man, I've never known anyone who can take someong someone said and mangle it all up to mean something completely different *claps*

A rare gift my friend, treasure it :D

Snee
01-14-2005, 07:06 PM
He's saying lawyers are funny :ohmy:

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 07:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Mr.S you got it too :01:

I need a piss :lol:

manker
01-14-2005, 07:09 PM
LMFAO!!! :lol:

Dude you are one funny guy you know that? :lol:

Shit you should be a lawyer man, I've never known anyone who can take someong someone said and mangle it all up to mean something completely different *claps*

A rare gift my friend, treasure it :D

Jonno :cool: :01:

You just can't argue properly. I'm extrapolating meanings to your drivel, if you don't think I'm right, say so - and take more care when posting in the first place.

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 07:11 PM
:lol: Yeah ok dude whatever you say :rolleyes:

Made me smile anyway :D

jetje
01-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Viva la revolucion!

as Monthy python once said "what King, i didn't vote for you"

So what Prince, it's just an innocent stupid kid (as there are plenty more) with to much money and too much free time on his hand. It's just an uniform ffs. Who cares, if the uniform is forbidden then all the war movies an literature should be banned too.
I really don't get all the excitement about a kid's uniform. Did he invade a country or killed, murdered or gassed someone ;)

As someone earlier said in the topic the british have done their lot in several wars (yes we dutch too! but i have nothing with our so called royals either) so is it forbidden to wear a british uniform or union jack in the regions that were enslaved and supressed under british command.
All i mean to say : who cares, it's history... important history never to be forgotten. But historie doesn't reenter when a stupid kid wears an uniform.

There are far more important things in the world ;)

Snee
01-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Did they really say "didný"? :blink:

jetje
01-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Did they really say "didný"? :blink:

lol was just editting the typo :rolleyes:

(>Zero Cool<)
01-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Mods:

It may be time to close this thread, I think that all that should be said, and perhaps some that shouldn't, has been said about the incident. The only purpose this thread now serves is to regurgitate the whole 'debate' and wind up, however intentionally or unintentionally, other members.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. :)

lynx
01-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Agreed, this thread is just turning inot a flame thread.

Closed.