PDA

View Full Version : manker's Tip for the Worthless Cup

manker
01-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Or whatever it's called this week.

After last night's thrilling 0-0 draw at Chez Abramovich, Manchester United have got to be favourites going into the second leg tie at Old Trafford. Last night there appeared to be a fair bit of needle going on between the two teams, that can only augur well for United since Chelsea don't appear to have any players that can 'mix it'. However away goals count double should the scores be level after extra time so United will have to be on their toes to guard against a breakaway goal, particularly if Drogba and Robben are playing. They're a bit quick.

In the other Semi Final, Liverpool are taking a slender one nil lead to Vicarage Road to face the mighty Watford - is it me or do they attract spawn wrt cup draws. I can't see Watford turning them over, especially since Liverpool bought Morientes yesterday. Barros and Morientes should make for a pretty decent front line, which will make a change.

So ... I'm predicting a Manchester United Vs Liverpool final. Historically Liverpool tend to do well in such competitions, which is just as well really given their early departure from the ones that actually matter. I think that Man Utd will edge an entertaining game, Benitez sometimes manages to extract some attractive football out of his lightweight but skillful team.

Stephen Gerrard has played some exceptional stuff this year, he will possibly be the best player on the pitch. Barring injuries to both teams the stage is set for a good final.

Perhaps the Worthless cup will exceed expectations this year.

Cheese
01-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Watford :eltonjohn:

Always rooting for the underdog me. (oo-er)

If they do get to the final will they qualify for Europe? What with Man Utd and Chelsea more or less certain for the Champions League.

DanB
01-13-2005, 04:10 PM
cawk.

You will be going out after the next leg and you know it :P

manker
01-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Yup, if Watford get to the final then they'll be entitled to a UEFA cup place whether they win or not - but provided, as you say, their opponent has a Champions League berth.

Dan, good counter but I still think United will emerge triumphant :01:

Peerzy
01-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Chelsea will win all 4 cups and still have time to pwn you all

DanB
01-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Dan, good counter but I still think United will emerge triumphant :01:

Counter, lunge, parry, parry
:ermm: