01-14-2005, 04:55 AM
Torrentpimps is dead

zeustke165
01-14-2005, 05:21 AM
not dead server problems...
back up again

apollooff320
01-15-2005, 08:30 AM
people that use it..thats who. Anyways the site works fine for me.

apollooff320
01-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Don't forget some ppl here are leechers so they don't like private tracker sites that keep track of your ratio. These are the same people that still use kazaa to get their files a week after it's been released on the web.

ftcnt
01-16-2005, 03:10 AM
was it a good site?

apollooff320
01-16-2005, 06:43 AM
yes it's a good site..... they get a few good releases before they show up on TB, ET and FL and the site is still up by the way, but don't join if your a leecher and don't like the ratio system.

ricochet
01-16-2005, 09:28 PM
all I get is some kind of Apache stuff...

MIchael127
01-17-2005, 01:15 AM
TorrentPimps is still down. Any one know whats going on?

Is it server problems or has it shut down?

Hazardous
01-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Can we get the rest of the URL so that when it returns, I can visit it?

I tried, www.TorrentPimps.com www.TorrentPimps.net and www.TorrentPimps.org

Mr. Blunt
01-17-2005, 03:32 AM
Can we get the rest of the URL so that when it returns, I can visit it?

I tried, www.TorrentPimps.com www.TorrentPimps.net and www.TorrentPimps.org
I believe the URL is http://www.torrentpimps.com/

When I visit that URL all I get is cPanel page saying that "There is no website configured at this address."

ohioplayer
01-17-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm sure it's just the server issues or atleast I hope so.
I've been checking 15 to 20 times a day so when it's back up I'll let you all know:)

bprough23
01-17-2005, 08:49 PM
If anyone is a memeber and noticed over the weekend on the home page there was a note that they are changing some stuff around and might be some down times and today was the day of the new site so it is prob just problems getting it all back up

apollooff320
01-18-2005, 01:37 AM
also clear your cookies

mogadishu
01-18-2005, 02:48 AM
man who cares.. there are plenty of good sites that aren't going to go down cus of server problems etc.

btw - this thread seems might odd.. 4 users with their first posts and its not even 2 pages yet.

ohioplayer
01-18-2005, 03:19 AM
man who cares.. there are plenty of good sites that aren't going to go down cus of server problems etc.

btw - this thread seems might odd.. 4 users with their first posts and its not even 2 pages yet.

I'm sure that all of us that posted are members at torrent pimps.

As for server problems it's not something because of load its because they are upgrading the site for us.

If your not a member there why waste our time replying to this thread with your stupid remarks.

Anyway everyone Torrentpimps is back up and running again:)

apollooff320
01-18-2005, 04:29 AM

Im a member of TB, ET, TP, and FL and every single one of those sites go down when they have server problems so stop BSing.

Murderyou
01-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Back up ATM.

manker
01-19-2005, 10:21 AM
The Torrentpimps crowd seem a friendly lot.

The site is down again, btw. I've yet to see it up.

Cheese
01-19-2005, 10:37 AM
The Torrentpimps crowd seem a friendly lot.

The site is down again, btw. I've yet to see it up.

STFU it's like server problems and ur probably a leech anyhow who doesn't like private trackers and gets his stuff from kazaa a month after it's been released whereas we get our releases before everyone else ever

so like shut up if your not gonna praise our site that defiently hasnt shut down

manker
01-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Wait! I've just seen this pearl of wisdom:

clear your cookiesI'll do that and it will fix their hardware problems, what sage advice. If I wasn't such a kazaa leech I'd probably have figured that out already.

Cheese
01-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Wait! I've just seen this pearl of wisdom:

I'll do that and it will fix their hardware problems, what sage advice. If I wasn't such a kazaa leech I'd probably have figured that out already.

im a member of TB, FL , KKK, CIA, and TSB and every single one of those sites go down when they have server problems so stop BSing.

zeustke165
01-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Getting to be a little more than discourged that they will ever keep the site up, I've been a member there for 3 or 4 weeks now, and haven't seen the page last for more than a week yet. I will admit the site seems like it has potential to be a top level community, but if this keeps up they wont have much of a community left... Think I've sucessfully got 2 torrents from there, but each time the site went down before I could get my ratio back up... Every time it happens it makes me realize more why I love pisexy.com

Cheese
01-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Getting to be a little more than discourged that they will ever keep the site up, I've been a member there for 3 or 4 weeks now, and haven't seen the page last for more than a week yet. I will admit the site seems like it has potential to be a top level community, but if this keeps up they wont have much of a community left... Think I've sucessfully got 2 torrents from there, but each time the site went down before I could get my ratio back up... Every time it happens it makes me realize more why I love pisexy.com

FileList seems pretty stable. Lots of good seeders though the content is not up to the late TB's standards. Still a good site with friendly members, worth the effort of getting an account there.

Veg12
01-21-2005, 12:22 AM
I am Veg12, co-creator of TorrentPimps.com.
You may PM me on the site and I will confirm it, if you don't believe me.

TorrentPimps is online and will stay online.
We only went down for 4 days.

The server box we were using was f00ked.
MySQL kept returning errors, Apache wouldn't open PHP, etc...
After 9 OS re-installs, the server host decided to give us a new server. And voila, it worked like a charm.

The box was upgraded with some extra RAM and now the site is running fine.

Before you start to moan about a site, try hosting one.
Rent a decent server box, with Linux and try to run a successful site on it. I can guarantee you, you WILL run into problems. Everybody does.

manker
01-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Not moaning at you, veg. You're doing an admirable job, running a free tracker.

More the children who think the posters here are 'stupid' and 'leeches'.

DeviantTP
01-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Nope we aren't dead.just some major server problems......all fixed and site is running great.............note.....we are also working on a leech tracker so we are more then able to satisfty all comers

manker
01-21-2005, 01:42 AM
I still can't access the site tho' :confused:

Is http://www.torrentpimps.com/ the correct url?

zeustke165
01-21-2005, 01:45 AM
I was seeing it up and running fine, and tried re-seeding a dead torrent with leechers waiting, when a few minutes later I noticed that I hadnt connected to anyone i went to the home page and now I get this

Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website.

Im sitting here with a .8 ratio, its kinda embarassing...

Veg12
01-21-2005, 01:56 AM
I guess it wasn't smart to post the server was working right... :dry:

The server host just, for no apparent reason, managed to mess up Apache.
We are going to try to undo their dumb mistake though.

We finally had a good setup going! :angry:

zeustke165
01-21-2005, 02:43 AM
well it was working, and looking good, but then... uh no... you know I can't let it end like this, I can't go down as having a .8 ratio, it can not and will not happen, you gotta do it for me... :lol:

ohioplayer
01-21-2005, 03:20 AM
Nice to see you guys pop your heads in here to update.:)
I 'll be ready and willing when your back in action, I never gave or will give up faith:)

DeviantTP
01-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Well yeah we made it back up..........this time we're staying up..well the tracker is anyways....also doing quad backups every 30 mins to different sites so if anything happens to one server just gotta change the dns to shuffle over to a backup.

You guys spend alot of time talking about the downtime.well you know what we were there through the whole thing crunching away on the site.So yeah we're glad to be back and are doing everything we can to make sure we stay that way......

Side note.....site upgrade today :) come check it out you'll like it.

r3cyc
01-24-2005, 03:32 PM
I guess some of the site regs will come across this board via a google. I'm lost as to whats happened.

Keep on pimping !

r3cyc

:crying:

ohioplayer
01-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Looks to be gone for good now, yet another promising site to drop off from all existence:( We'll miss you Deviant, Veg12 and the rest.

vikingrinn
01-24-2005, 07:07 PM
From torrentpimps.com:

"TP as you know it is gone....Something New Is Coming..........Keep Checking

Same Look and feel........NO wait-times.

TPV2"

So something is happening at TP, let's hope... ;)

zeustke165
01-25-2005, 01:44 AM
and they're back up again... definitely one good thing to say about them, they are persistant... They still haven't given up and it doesn't look like they ever will, now that's commitment...

2005-01-25 - TP Has gone leech for the time being.......No wait times......no penalties..........so come on Download...no excuses now....Sorry about the downtime it was nessasary due to a security fuck up.......we suggest ppl reset thier passkeys but it's not required....you might notice the sites a little slower.........that becasue we have implemneted a few precautions from exteneded downtime such as off site db backups. Anyways Again sorry bout that and please make use of the site forums as it's really the only true way we have of knowing how you all feel about things.

manker
01-25-2005, 02:14 AM
The torrent links still aren't working. Good to see them back up and running again.

Can't argue with their persistence.

Voetsek
01-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Leech site weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

jumas
01-27-2005, 08:08 PM
now all you get is a 403 forbiddon error

gutties
01-27-2005, 09:11 PM
...and up again, i'm beginning to feel queasy :sick:

DeviantTP
01-28-2005, 01:41 AM
the 403 sounds like a banned i.p ......site is still up.don't worry just doing a reboot on the mysql db server