PDA

View Full Version : Was Prince Harry wrong to wear the Nazi uniform and swastika?

DanB
01-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Was Prince Harry wrong to wear the Nazi uniform and swastika or is the public outcry a load of rubbish?

If you don't know what I am on about (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4170635.stm)

Jon L. Obscene
01-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Can't really answer it.

Yes he was wrong to wear it.

And Yes the Public outcry to the scale it is, is a load of Rubbish.

More options needed methinks :)

{I}{K}{E}
01-14-2005, 02:56 PM
removed the 'stfu' option.
This is the Serious Polls section ;)

Snee
01-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Yes he was.

manker
01-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Harry disrespected the millions killed in WWII, disrespected the families of those people, disrespected the people that fought in the name of his Great Grandfather to rid the world of the genocidal nazis and disrespected the families of the people that fought in the name of his Great Grandfather.

In addition he's thumbed his nose at those who've been a target of racial violence and abuse at the hands of 'neo-nazis' who unite under the symbol of the swastika.

I'd say he was wrong.

Cheese
01-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes, very wrong.

What sort of clueless twat could possibly think this sort of behaviour is acceptable in any way? Mind, this is what happens when cousins marry...

Snee
01-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Yes, very wrong.

What sort of clueless twat could possibly think this sort of behaviour is acceptable in any way? Mind, this is what happens when cousins marry...
Amen to that :D

NikkiD
01-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Yes, it was wrong.

I think the public outcry is a bit much as well. He made a mistake, he'll apologize, no need to roast the poor bugger over the coals for it. If he were a bit older, I might think differently, but it has to be tough having everything you do scrutinized by millions of people at his age. It also makes me a sad that 20 years down the line, people will probably still comment about a mistake he made as a teenager. I don't think he did it with malice intended, or out of any disrespect, I think he's just a kid who fucked up.

gillxx
01-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Although it was at a private party, it was still very irresponsible to wear that uniform.

If he is prepared to accept privelege, he must accept the responsibility that goes with it.

However, I feel the British press have made a meal of it!

(>Zero Cool<)
01-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Yes, very wrong.

more of a gene puddle than a pool :huh:

for the record I voted Yes, he was out of line

ahctlucabbuS
01-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Yea, poor judgement there.

I think we can all relate to that at times though (poor judgement that is, not wearing nazi uniforms ;) )

dwightfry
01-14-2005, 09:26 PM
it certainly was in poor taste, but it was a costume party. so...who cares

bigboab
01-14-2005, 09:33 PM
considering that the original name of his family was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha it is little surprising. :( They only changed their name in 1917 during the first world war to 'curry' favour. Probably the Russian revolution had something to do with it too. :)

Biggles
01-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Although it was at a private party, it was still very irresponsible to wear that uniform.

If he is prepared to accept privelege, he must accept the responsibility that goes with it.

However, I feel the British press have made a meal of it!

I would agree.

It was a small private party and as such a bad taste joke is not unreasonable among friends.

However, Harry has learned two important lessons

1. He has too high a profile to get away with bad taste jokes (although his Grandad has made a career out of it)

2. He cannot trust even a small group of close friends. (his mother's life should have taught him this)

The tabloid, pro-royalist press have just driven another nail in the coffin of the Royal Family. This is ironic. :)

I voted Yes - Harry should really have known better.

cpt_azad
01-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Noooooo, damnit :angry: can someone pls change my choice from no to yes, accidently selected it and hit enter :(

100%
01-15-2005, 12:08 AM
yes