PDA

View Full Version : XP temp folder question??

foot loose
01-14-2005, 02:46 PM
when you dl a file off of the web example MSN, a web page, where dose XP put it if the transfer was cancelled for some reason??. i was transfering a file over msn and it failed around half was though. dose xp delete it or store the half dl file somewhere??. ive looked in temp folder and My Received Files.

{I}{K}{E}
01-14-2005, 02:49 PM
dont think its saved.

tip: dont use MSN for filesharing.

foot loose
01-14-2005, 02:56 PM
i thought so also what if you are dl a progie from a web site and it cancels. dose xp save what you have dl somewhere/

Livy
01-14-2005, 02:59 PM
i dont save it, but if you have the background intelligent transfer service running, it will "save" the part thats downloaded and resumes it when you try to download again

foot loose
01-14-2005, 03:03 PM
thanks

Vargas
01-14-2005, 03:04 PM
i thought so also what if you are dl a progie from a web site and it cancels. dose xp save what you have dl somewhere/
look in C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

or open explorer and type %temp%
press enter then type ..\Temporary Internet Files and hit enter

Snee
01-14-2005, 03:33 PM
i dont save it, but if you have the background intelligent transfer service running, it will "save" the part thats downloaded and resumes it when you try to download again
Have you ever tried a file with a checksum after you resumed that way?

Seems to me they never match.

foot loose
01-14-2005, 03:51 PM
na its not in my internet temp folder. Where does xp sort half dl files. if xp dose not automaticaly delete the file if it fail to complete its dl, where dose xp put the file???

Snee
01-14-2005, 04:04 PM
na its not in my internet temp folder. Where does xp sort half dl files. if xp dose not automaticaly delete the file if it fail to complete its dl, where dose xp put the file???
Have you rebooted?

'cos it won't be there if so. I don't think.