PDA

View Full Version : Muchos problemos......

Legolas
01-16-2005, 04:45 AM
Recently my computer has been running like shite. I was hoping someone could tell me which, if any of the following processes listed, which have been making my cpu usage 100 percent are corrupt. They are:

alg.exe
csrss.exe
lsass.exe
mim.exe
smss.exe
NPROTECT.exe
services.exe
wdfmgr.exe
winlogon.exe
wuauclt.exe

r any of these viruses? my comp hasnt been less than 100% usage for a while now....

100%
01-16-2005, 10:37 AM
These are vital windows processes
csrss.exe
lsass.exe
smss.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe

the rest of them are not vital windows processes
alg.exe
wdfmgr.exe
NPROTECT.exe?
wuauclt.exe????
mim.exe????

AndrewBarker
01-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Recently my computer has been running like shite. I was hoping someone could tell me which, if any of the following processes listed, which have been making my cpu usage 100 percent are corrupt. They are:

alg.exe
csrss.exe
lsass.exe
mim.exe
smss.exe
NPROTECT.exe
services.exe
wdfmgr.exe
winlogon.exe
wuauclt.exe

r any of these viruses? my comp hasnt been less than 100% usage for a while now....
alg.exe is a part of the Microsoft Windows operating system. It is a core process for Microsoft Windows Internet Connection sharing and Internet connection firewall. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/alg/

mim.exe is belonging to the Musicmatch Jukebox software. Musicmatch Jukebox is a multimedia application supporting most known media formats. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling this is down to user preference.

you should check on Google for the rest, like I just did for the above :)